DANY_MIL

Did not file 2013 due to low income - what to do?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Please help. I did not file my 2013 taxes because my husband and I was unemployed and did not receive any unemployement benefits. The amount of public assistance was less than what is required to file our 2013.

Just got an email from NVC requesting for 2013 tax information. What type of letter, form or document do I need to provide in order to satisfy NVC? Obviously I don't have any transcript for 2013 since I did not file. I did submit a signed letter explaning why I did not file in 2013 (as mentioned about) with the orignal I-864 but they are still coming back with the question.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Filed: Timeline

Please help. I did not file my 2013 taxes because my husband and I was unemployed and did not receive any unemployement benefits. The amount of public assistance was less than what is required to file our 2013.

Just got an email from NVC requesting for 2013 tax information. What type of letter, form or document do I need to provide in order to satisfy NVC? Obviously I don't have any transcript for 2013 since I did not file. I did submit a signed letter explaning why I did not file in 2013 (as mentioned about) with the orignal I-864 but they are still coming back with the question.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

now that they have ask for it you have to send it.

if you do not meet the requirement you have to find joint sponsor.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Please can anyone else who has been in this situation provide info on the matter? My husband did not file taxes on that same year for the same reason. He was living with me in Mexico and he made so little in the very few months that he actually worked, that there was no taxes filed. I was thinking of the same thing, sending a signed letter explaining what happened, but I see from the OP that NVC still wants more information.

What did you successfully provide to satisfy a missing tax return?

Thanks,

UnaMexicana

:yes:Intelligence trumps muscle... Imagination trumps both! :yes:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Cd. Juarez, Mexico
Met: January, 2006 :D
Marriage (if applicable): 2012-10-26 (L)
I-130 Sent : 2014-08-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-04

I-130 NOA2 : 2015-05-14

Shipped to DoS: 2015-05-22

Received at NVC: 2015-06-01

Case Created at NVC: 2015-06-10 (from Julian Date calculation)

AOS and IV Fee Invoiced: 2015-06-11
AOS and IV Fee Paid: Website down as of 06-15... Just waiting...
AOS and IV Fee Paid: 2015-07-05 CEAC site finally UP! :dancing:

AOS and Civil Docs received at NVC: 2015-10-13

NVC checklist for obsolete i864: 2015-11-25

Submit updated i864: ?????? when my lawyer desires... :clock:
Submit updated i864: Did NOT wait for lawywer. Did it myself 2015-12-10
NVC received reply to checklist i864: 2015-12-10 (yes.. same day O.O)

NVC case completed: 2016-01-07
NVC assigned interview date: 2016-01-23
Interview at CJS consulate: 2016-03-30

Visa "Issued": 2016-04-05
Entered the US: 2016-04-27

SSN Arrived: 2016-05-07 ... wow TEN days!

N-400

Filed Online: 2020-06-30

NOA: 2020-07-01

Biometrics Letter: 2021-04-08
Biometrics Appointment: 2021-05-03
Interview Scheduled/Cancelled: 2021-06-25 (never received online nor mail notification, just an email reply to tier 2 inquiry about status)

Interview ReScheduled: 2021-11-02

Interview Date: 2021-11-30

Oath ceremony Scheduled/Cancelled/Placed in Line: 2021-12-01
Oath: 2022-1-24 ... JOURNEY OVER! 😺

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-5 Country: Cambodia
Timeline

now that they have ask for it you have to send it.

if you do not meet the requirement you have to find joint sponsor.

I have a joint sponsor already which is my sister in law and her income alone is sufficient. At this moment I don't think it's about income qualification but more about the tax return. What is an acceptable proof that I did not file and not required to file due to low income?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

You can go back and file for that year with the limited income that was made.. There are no late fees if you do not owe money... And you may possibly get a check from EIC as well.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Go to irs.gov and download the correct year tax forms-fill them out and make a couple of copies and mail the original signed form to the correct address. The short forms are pretty simple and you and friends should be able to complete the forms.

Filed: Timeline

I have a joint sponsor already which is my sister in law and her income alone is sufficient. At this moment I don't think it's about income qualification but more about the tax return. What is an acceptable proof that I did not file and not required to file due to low income?

Regardless of what you make you have to file tax return. like other says file it asap. You do not have enough income so IRS is not bother much anyway.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.