hamstersad

Knightsbridge doctor asked "have you ever tried drugs?"

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So I am in some distress. the Knightsbridge medical seemed to go well, but the topic of drug use came up and the doctor needles at the question, "do you use drugs?" "have you ever used drugs?" then, "have you ever tried drugs?" and i was honest and said I had some 7 years ago in Amsterdam where i tried weed once. the doctor saw I looked worried about this and said there was nothing to worry about but she did write it down. then they asked me to do a urine drugs test.

I dont do drugs and I am sure I will pass the test. But have I screwed this up by being honest? Does London deny Visa or put one year probations on for that? Ive tried finding a similar case and the forums are terrifying or nothing happened... has anyone got experience with this in London?

Obviously the rest of my case is sparkling and I have no police records etc. I feel like I have messed up by being overly honest.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

A big thank you... I was mildly freaking out having failed to find any trace of such accounts. I will now wait and see what happens!

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Just an Update: Test came back fine (as expected!). Interview was scheduled about 1.5weeks post the medical.

I had my interview on Thursday and it was fine, and I was granted the K1 visa. I had a lot of stress over this; in the end everything was fine! Thank you for the example cases, they helped me a lot.

Thanks for the update. It always helps to know experiences.

Congratulations.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Good news, thanks for the update!

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Congratulations and well done for being honest! :)

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.