I'm Gone

What the Indian giver got

39 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
No I don't think they will.

And here I think that they just might. Do unto other before they can do unto you type mentality, as ET states in his reply. I could be wrong, and that's fine. I hope I am.. cause with crazy a$$hats with nukes this world could entirely do without. Including U.S. a$$hats, Russian a$$hats, Israeli a$$hats..... well you get the idea.

When people stop dehumanizing the "other" side and actually look at people as being same and equal... we're not going to get anywhere but dead. But it's easier to dehumanize others.. because then one can justify their own agenda and just do what they want to do. We are the human race.... not human raceS. That's just total BS and it drives me nuts....

ah well.. enough soap-boxing from me. I hope one day that we as people can over-come the differences that seperate us. As in accept that there are others that aren't just like us.. maybe even in my life-time... but then... watching various news agencies from various regions of the world... we've got a long way to go.

Nothing against you AS... I understand where you are coming from on this, and I don't fault you for feeling that way. I just think that as I say above.. until everyone stops being nationalistic, for good or bad, .... mmm yeah.

Edited by Mirorgate

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ah well.. enough soap-boxing from me. I hope one day that we as people can over-come the differences that seperate us. As in accept that there are others that aren't just like us.. maybe even in my life-time... but then... watching various news agencies from various regions of the world... we've got a long way to go.

Oh, such a day IS coming--but not from human effort/design.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: Timeline

:rolleyes:

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Now here we agree once again. ;)

Good to have ya back, brutha ;)

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

And they need to act against nations that fail to sign the NPT...

Just curious. What kind of action? I presume this "action" takes place after the nuclear powers have eliminated their arsenals. Simply starting the process of "reducing" ain't enough when you're sitting on a stockpile that can destroy the planet thousands of times over.

Totally agree on that, but it would already help if those who had nukes tried to actively work on reducing them, and I mean all of them and all countries. Disarmament talks that just include the "big" powers are pointless...

What actions, you ask? Well, certainly none of that flag-waving "if you don't do what we want you to do we'll attack you" kind of thing. But it would be best to make the actions dependent on country. For the US, other nations could just threaten to selll their dollar reserves or refuse to sell oil, for Israel, other countries could reduce the heavy subsidies Israel receives from all sorts of nations and stop selling any kind of weapon, France would go bonkers if the EU just made the agricultural subsidies dependent on nuclear disarmament, and so on. Most nations have weak spots that are relatively easy to exploit... :whistle:

Permanent Green Card Holder since 2006, considering citizenship application in the future.

Totally agree on that, but it would already help if those who had nukes tried to actively work on reducing them, and I mean all of them and all countries. Disarmament talks that just include the "big" powers are pointless...

That's an interesting point. Not sure I agree, though.

I think it's up to the countries that moralize on this topic the most to set the example. You don't hear as much hypocrisy on this issue out of the Chinese, for example. It's the West that seems to have its panties in a bunch on this issue, so if they really feel strongly about it, they oughta take the lead. To be perfectly frank, with the history of the West, there is very little reason for non-Western countries to trust them or take them at their word. If they really mean this, they oughta be willing to set the example.

I'm glad India never signed the NPT and I hope she never does. It's a discriminatory treaty meant to preserve the nuclear status quo. It just pretends to be about world peace, all it's really about is making sure no one else can ever challenge the big-dogs of the world stage. Give me a break.

I agree to Arijit,

India can take its own stand on nukes and shouldnt even entertain any signing of NPT

Edited by pri

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

:whistle:zipping.gif

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony