bendinlar

Special treatment for celebrities for the interview at USEM?

44 posts in this topic

Exactly my thoughts. Have you seen the IG post? http://instagram.com/p/r9DCnBp22c/?modal=true

That's why I find it strange that she captioned it as "Finally, got an interview date for my immigrant visa" [in Tagalog]. The context of "It's still different if one is a resident" is in comparison to being a 10-year multiple entry B visa holder [in one of her response to the comments].

Never a fangirl, but I am soooooo close to asking her what type of visa she is aiming for. :D

Has AiAi posted anything on Instagram or Twitter regarding her US visa interview? Plus I am curious what will happen from now on, considering her cougarness (LOL) is in full bloom after admitting that she has a new, 20 year old boyfriend from De La Salle University?

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

• 5 months later...

So Philippines 'celebrity' AiAi Delas Alas has entered the U.S. on an O-1 visa:

THE SOURCE: Ai Ai at mga anak, magsasama-sama na sa PERMANENT HOUSE sa Tate!

By Jojo Gabinete, Abante (February 26, 2015)

Ang US immigration lawyer na si Atty. Jemela Nettles ang sumalubong kay AiAi delas Alas nang dumating ito noong Lunes sa international airport ng Los Angeles, California.

Ang yellow roses na simbolo ng new beginnings ang pasalubong ni Atty. Nettles kay Ai Ai na nagpunta sa Amerika bilang unang hakbang ng pagkakaroon niya ng O-1 visa na ipinagkakaloob ng American government sa mga tao na may extra ordinary ability sa kanilang field of expertise.

Si Atty. Nettles ang tumulong kay Ai Ai kaya mabilis ito na nabigyan ng O-1 visa.

I am privileged to be a part of Ai Ais journey to her American dream. I wish her the best of luck, ang masaya na pahayag ni Atty. Nettles

Nang interbyuhin si Ai Ai ng US Immigration officer, tinanong agad nito kung magulo ba talaga sa Pilipinas?

Natawa si Ai Ai nang itanong ng immigration officer kung sa Beverly Hills siya bibili ng bahay dahil nakalagay sa mga dokumento na dala niya na ang achievements niya sa Pilipinas.

Matatagalan sa California si Ai Ai dahil aasikasuhin nito ang mga papeles ng bahay na bibilhin niya at magiging permanent house nila ng kanyang mga anak.

My English translation of the Feb 26 article on AiAi Delas Alas follows: (bear with me please!)

AiAi And Kids, Staying Together At 'Permanent House' In The US

By Jojo Gabinete, Abante, February 26, 2015

US immigration lawyer Jemela Nettles met AiAi Delas Alas last Monday when she arrived at LAX.

Yellow roses symbolizing new beginnings were Attorney Nettles' gift for AiAi who went to the USA as the first step in her O-1 visa which is granted by the American government to people with extraordinary ability in their field of expertise.

Attorney Nettles assisted AiAi hence the O-1 visa was issued quickly.

I am privileged to be a part of Ai Ais journey to her American dream. I wish her the best of luck, Attorney Nettles happily stated.

When AiAi was interviewed by the U.S. Immigration officer, she was asked if it's true that it was chaotic in the Philippines.

AiAi laughed when the immigration officer asked her if she was going to buy a house in Beverly Hills because her documents say that she brought with her all her achievements in the Philippines.

AiAi will spend some time in California because she needs to arrange the paperwork of the house she's planning on buying which will be her permanent house with her children.

• 3 months later...

In a new interview, Philippines celebrity AiAi claims she has an immigrant visa. Was her lawyer Ms. Nettles lying about AiAi's O-1 extraordinary ability visa?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

More likely a misuse of terminology.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't know this Aiai person, but they don't get private interviews, years ago all people got private interviews for most visa interviews

I saw Wowowee when it came to Houston back in 2009, they granted RR Enriquez a visa to perform with the show. Only a few made it to the USA.

If she had applied for a Tourist Visa I bet she would of had a hard time getting it, but as a minor celebrity in Philippine they let her in.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

She is rather ugly, Maybe a transgender

Check out images of RR. She posed topless for a calendar a few years ago, Very nice body, I understand now of day she has cut her hair short and doesn't look that good..

https://www.google.com/search?q=rr+enriquez&biw=1477&bih=628&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=T8VnVZvuDLGBsQSsy4LYCw&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&dpr=1.3

Note: English translation in parenthesis

Ai-Ai, Nagalala Sa Mga Anak-Anakan

(Ai-Ai, Worried For Her Young Co-Stars)

ni Alwin Ignacio, Abante Tonite, May 27, 2015

[link to article - http://www.abante-tonite.com/issue/may2715/showbiz_ai.htm]

Malamang na nasa Vancouver na ngayon si Ai Ai. Kasama niya sa GMA Pinoy TV payanig sina Alden Richards, Jonnalyn Viray at Betong.

(Ai Ai is likely in Vancouver right now. She's included in GMA Pinoy TV "Payanig" Show with Alden Richards, Jonnalyn Viray and Betong.)

“Looking forward ako sa pag-a-abroad kong ito. Kasi, dati, hindi naman ako pinapadala sa kabila. Never akong naging ambassadress of goodwill.

("I'm looking forward to this trip abroad. They never sent me abroad when I was at the other TV station. I was never the ambassador of goodwill.)

“Natutuwa ako na makikita ko ang mga kababayan natin. ‘Yung mga Pinoys abroad, kahit pa sabihin mong may GMA Pinoy TV na sila, sabik na sabik pa rin sila na may Pinoy artists na nagpe-perform for them,” chika ni Ai Ai.

("I'm glad to see other Filipinos in other countries. The Filipinos abroad, even if they already have GMA Pinoy TV, they're still excited to see Filipino artists perform for them," Ai Ai says.)

Maliban sa concert, ang pagpunta niya sa US ang opportune time para ayusin niya ang paglipat ng kanyang mga anak na sina Sean Nicolo at Sofia sa sarili nilang four-bedroom house.

(Aside from the concert, her trip to the US is an opportune time to arrange the move of her children Sean Nicolo and Sofia to their own 4-BR house.)

“Lilipat ko na ang mga anak ko sa bahay namin. Sa ngayon kasi, they live with their biological dad, si Miguel Vera.

("I'm moving my kids to our house. Right now, they live with their biological dad, Miguel Vera.)

“Eh kaso, he is also married na rin. Mas mainam din na may sarili ­silang balay.

("However, he's already married. Better they [the kids] live in their own house.)

“Resident na kasi ang status ko sa US. Pero hindi pa ako citizen, eh.

("I now have LPR status in the US. But I'm not yet a citizen.)

“After 5 years akong nakatira doon, saka pa lang ako pwedeng mag-apply na maging citizen.

("After 5 years living there, that's when I can apply to be a citizen.)

“As a resident, I am required to be there from time to time. Every four to five months, babalik ako doon, sa house namin,” say pa ni Ai Ai.

("As a resident, I am required to be there from time to time. Every 4-5 months, I will return there, to our house," says Ai-Ai.)

Wala siyang balak mag-retire sa US in the nearest future. Vacation house lang ‘yun for her at siempre pa, para ­secure ang residency of her kids.

(She has no plan to retire in the US in the nearest future. It's just a vacation house for her and to secure her kids' residence.)

Paano ‘pag nami-miss niya sina Sophia at Nicky?

(What if she misses Sophia and Nicky?)

“Ay naku, naluluha na lang ako. Tapos, dasal na taimtim kay God na lagi silang babantayan at aalagaan,” sagot nito agad. Aniya pa, “Buti nga, uso na ngayon ang Skype, ang Viber. Maraming paraan para lagi ko silang makakausap.

("Oh I just start to tear up. Then I just pray to God to always watch and take care of them," she answers quickly. "It's a good thing Skype and Viber are in style these days. There's lots of ways so we can always talk.)

“Kaya ko rin sila pinag-aaral du’n, kasi, I want to teach them about independence at siempre, kung paano maging responsableng young adults.

("I want to teach them about independence that's why I had them study there, and also so they can be responsible young adults.)

“Saka gusto na nila ‘yung buhay nila sa Amerika. Kahit pinapauwi ko sila, ayaw na nila. Sanay na sila du’n.

("They like their life in the US. I wanted them to come home but they declined. They're used to the US.)

“Saka wala silang ligalig du’n. Walang gumugulo. Tahimik sila.”

("Their life is peaceful over there. Nobody creates trouble. Life is quiet."

“Si Sofia nga, may trabaho na sa Cafe 86, sa Fullerton. Bongga, neng, ‘di ba?

("Sofia already has a job at Cafe 86 in Fullerton. Fabulous, right?)

how did she get a GC?

Precisely. I don't think she has one. She's not being truthful to the showbiz reporter, in my opinion.

KC concepcion was at the embassy during my interview, there was no special treatment at all, she fell in line like we did, waited and even sat on the pavement while waiting for her turn.. she stood as long as we all stood to wait for our turn :)

she was pretty down to earth, accommodated people who asked for her signature and even chatted with people next to her. :D

CR1

• Consulate : Manila, Philippines
  • Marriage: 2014-10-01
  • I-130 Sent : 2014-10-16
  • I-130 NOA1 (Email) : 2014-10-22
  • I-130 NOA1 (Hardcopy) : 2014-10-26
  • I-130 NOA2 (Email) : 2014-11-26
  • I-130 NOA2 (Hardcopy) : 2014-12-03
  • NVC Case Received : 2014-12-10
  • Case Number Received : 2015-01-15
  • Submitted DS-261 : 2015-01-20
  • NVC Received AOS and IV Packages : 2015-02-25
  • Case Completed at NVC: 2015-03-30
  • Interview Scheduled: 2015-04-18
  • Interview Date: 2015-05-27
  • Interview Result: Approved
  • Visa Received: 2015-06-05
  • POE: 2015-07-03 (JFK)
  • Received Greencard: 2015-08-15
  • Returned Greencard: 2015-08-23
  • Recieved Corrected Greencard: 2015-11-16 (JFK)

ROC

• Sent I-751 Packet: 2017-05-19
  • VSC Received: 2017-05-22
  • Check Cashed: 2017-05-26
  • NOA1 Received2017-05-30
  • Biometrics Letter Received2017-06-16
  • Biometrics Appointment2017-06-27
  • Interview: 2018-11-20
  • Approval Letter: 2018-11-26
  • Received Greencard2018-11-27

I wonder if AiAi has to go through the PERM process too (labor certification) to get her green card.

But then again, she claims to have 'resident status' (in her interview with a showbiz reporter) even if her immigration lawyer said she has an O-1 visa.

Instagram.com/msaiaidelasalas

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.