lostinblue

'British' jihadist who beheaded journalist is Londoner called John

49 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

They could be British, Lord Haw Haw, there were Britons serving in the SS, not many but it happened.

My guess is that most will be Pakistani's with British Citizenship.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

They could be British, Lord Haw Haw, there were Britons serving in the SS, not many but it happened.

Ergo, British.

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Ergo, British.

I think you are a USC, does that make you Native American?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I think you are a USC, does that make you Native American?

...and now we return to our regular programming...

Anyone carrying a British passport is a British citizen, if you are to trust what the bio page of the passport says..

4198536_fc97927c31.jpg

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

The Angles are not technically. English well everybody knows what it is even it would take a few pages to define it.

British is one of those difficult terms often used sloppily. I have stopped using it for reasons evidenced in this thread. In my younger years it was often equated with English as Welsh, Scottish Irish etc used those terms more often.

Edited by Boiler

Timeline

...and now we return to our regular programming...

Anyone carrying a British passport is a British citizen, if you are to trust what the bio page of the passport says..

4198536_fc97927c31.jpg

I would have no issue if the article had used British Citizen.

I might question how they would know.

Filed: Timeline

From Prospect Magazine:

... the Anglo-Saxons and Celts, to the extent that they can be defined genetically, were both small immigrant minorities. Neither group had much more impact on the British Isles gene pool than the Vikings, the Normans or, indeed, immigrants of the past 50 years.

The history of more or less any part of the world shows one thing. Every land is a land of immigrants. It just depends on how far back you go.

Timeline

I would have no issue if the article had used British Citizen.

I might question how they would know.

Alas they did..

'The jihadist who beheaded the American journalist James Foley is believed to be British born militant from London who calls himself John, it can be revealed.'

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Alas they did..

'The jihadist who beheaded the American journalist James Foley is believed to be British born militant from London who calls himself John, it can be revealed.'

Sloppy again, British is not a geographical area.

Lets us say that they meant Great Briton, that does not mean they are a British Citizen.

More logically they could have said he is believed to have been born in the UK and is a British Citizen.

PS Unlike the US, UK does acknowledge dual citizenship, may or may not be relevant here.

Timeline

Ergo, British.

Sloppy again, British is not a geographical area.

Lets us say that they meant Great Briton, that does not mean they are a British Citizen.

More logically they could have said he is believed to have been born in the UK and is a British Citizen.

PS Unlike the US, UK does acknowledge dual citizenship, may or may not be relevant here.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Ergo, British.

Which is why you will not find many Welsh, English etc use that term. Or if they did they would not use it in a sense that would include this Gentleman.

Put it another way, if I naturalise that would make me a US Citizen, it would not make me American. And if somebody called me American I would be wondering what they were smoking.

Timeline

Which is why you will not find many Welsh, English etc use that term. Or if they did they would not use it in a sense that would include this Gentleman.

Put it another way, if I naturalise that would make me a US Citizen, it would not make me American. And if somebody called me American I would be wondering what they were smoking.

Yes it would. A naturalized citizen is as American as anyone born and raised in these United States and don't let anybody tell you differently. If you go through the process of naturalization you earn the right to call yourself and be called an American. Whether you're born here, elsewhere from US parent(s) or naturalized, you're covered by the very same 14th amendment. The constitution makes no differentiation.

That however, is besides the point. An individual carrying a British passport is British, as stated in the bio page of the passport.

The entire point here is that there are Brits who are douches. This fellow would be one such example. However, that should not cast a shadow over the entire British populace. He is not the only British criminal in the world. Saying he represents British values just because he is British would be as inane as stating he represents the entire religion of Islam just because he says so.

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Around half of the 500 who have travelled to the Middle East since Syrias civil war began three years ago have now returned to the UK. Why worry ... See you in NY ... Or Boston spook

I'm more worried about the home grown lunatics than those from overseas. I interact with US citizens everyday and am far more likely to encounter a local nut case than a jihadist.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

These so called British terrorists revoke their citizenship while they are fighting for ISIS and let them live out their days in the caliphate they helped to create

Edited by Hotter Otter

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/