aht30

Advice Wanted Post Interview

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi All,

I was interviewed on the 4th of August and granted a K1 Fiance Visa.

I was told it would take up to 5 - 7 working days, it has gone past this point. Now we are at 11. I haven't been able to get through to anyone on the phone or via email who can give me a reason for the delay or an estimate of how long it will take.

You all know how long this takes, and in the grand scheme of things it is a matter of days ... but we are so close.

Can anyone shed any light on next steps ? I don't know how to progress this.

All the best to you all,

Nina

Oh and my Ceac status still says READY but the status updated date has changed at least 5 times!

Oh and my Ceac status still says READY but the status updated date has changed at least 5 times!

This is generally what we know about London (from the London K1 Guide in the UK FORUM). Read it.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/?p=6741253

It is unusual that it has gone this long. The contact form is the only way to get info from the visa unit. Did you use this?

http://london.usembassy.gov/niv/visa_contact_form.html

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Has your CEAC status changed from Immigrant Visa to Non-immigrant visa yet?

I was also told 5-7 business days and it ended up taking closer to 10- for me it was because of the big computer systems crash ... not sure if that is still affecting the issuance of visas (was in July). I emailed the consulate and asked about it and they responded fairly quick, but every consulate beats to their own drum.

Before the visa gets issued the status will first change to non immigrant visa. From what i have seen, it usually goes something like IV Ready/AP > NIV Ready/AP > NIV Issued.

my status check still just says ready and the text reads like it was pre interview but my status updated today?

The update is a good sign that somebody looked at it. I have not heard of the IV and NIV thing in London. May be a Canadian thing?? All the threads in the UK FORUM on this topic mention Ready/ AP/ Issued and various date changes.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

For Bangkok ours also just changed as described.....

IMMIGRANT VISA READY with the old case creation date earlier today and last few days, and just now updated to:

NONIMMIGRANT VISA

READY with the case creation date now being Aug 19 and Updated Aug 19 and the message below changes also.

K1's seem to do this all around the world at the moment....once this happens it might go to AP for a little while even just a few hours or less.... and then Issued.....Im expecting to see Issued on ours tomorrow since this has been the pattern for others I have observed....

So the IV to NIV thing seems to be system wide at the moment....not sure why your is stuck but the case date updates are good, and its good you contacted them.......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.