garya505

Nagoya airport connection time?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm looking at a flight on NWA that connects in Nagoya Japan with a 55 minute minute connect time. This makes me a little nervous thinking about missing the connection and getting stuck in the airport for a day or so. The connection is NWA flight 72 to NWA flight 78. Has anyone done this? Any ideas?

It's probably the same flight! I've gone through Nagoya before to Manila and it was the same plane. Check with NW call reservations they would know for sure.

Gonna try again.

USS Liberty - Not Forgotten

Timeline
It's probably the same flight! I've gone through Nagoya before to Manila and it was the same plane. Check with NW call reservations they would know for sure.

That's a great idea to call them. I never thought it might be the same plane.

Timeline

Another related question. The Nagoya to Tokyo flight is a Japan domestic flight, so how can an non-Japanese traveler go from Manila-Nagoya-Narita-LAX? Wouldn't you have to go through Japanese immigration when you transfer from the international flight to the domestic flight? How would they deal with a traveler with a Philippine passport and US K1 VISA? :help:

Timeline

Well, here I am answering my on post again. :blink:

NWA couldn't answer my question about connecting flights Nagoya and Japanese immigration. So I'll take that to mean they are happy to sell you a ticket with a 55 minute connection in Nagoya, but if you miss your connection due to Japanses immgration clearance it's not therir problem.

Going from Nagoya to Narita?? That's crazy. Did you alreay buy it?

Once I flew NW to Narita and got a JAL to Manila. Well, JAL is in a different terminal and it takes at least 20-30 min. to get there depending on how long you wait for the shuttle.

what website are you searching on? I've gotten some good deals on Cheaptickets.

http://www.cheaptickets.com/App/Home?z=fetb&r=g

Gonna try again.

USS Liberty - Not Forgotten

Garya505,

I lived in Tokyo for three years, if that helps with qualifying the following:

How in the he!! do they expect you to do that? A domestic transfer without immigration? Never heard of it.

You need to re-examine that itinerary, and fast.

Another related question. The Nagoya to Tokyo flight is a Japan domestic flight, so how can an non-Japanese traveler go from Manila-Nagoya-Narita-LAX? Wouldn't you have to go through Japanese immigration when you transfer from the international flight to the domestic flight? How would they deal with a traveler with a Philippine passport and US K1 VISA? :help:

Timeline
Garya505,

I lived in Tokyo for three years, if that helps with qualifying the following:

How in the he!! do they expect you to do that? A domestic transfer without immigration? Never heard of it.

You need to re-examine that itinerary, and fast.

Yes the flight is MNL->NGO->NRT->LAX. NWA Flight 72, Flight 78 and Flight 2. NWA claims that it's not a problem. Ya sure maybe for a US citizen but what about a Philippine citizen with a US K1 VISA? NWA doesn't care if you have a problem with Japanese immigration, they already sold you the ticket and it's not their problem. Buyer beware.

I didn't buy the ticket. I'm just happy I noticed that flight 78 was a domestic flight about 2 seconds before I bought it. :o

Edited by garya505

I fly NW all the time. I have had that connection several times. No big deal. They are very efficient in getting you to the next flight. NW knows that there are a bunch of connectors on your flight and will hold the other flight if things get delayed. Don't worry and enjoy the flight!!

55 minuntes sounds like just enough time to me - flights can be alittle late but seldom depart at the exact time the tell you for departure..... they give almost an hour for in flight time scedules about 30 minutes on each end .. to account for such - with 55 minutes i would nt worry - 20 minutes i would........ about 50 min or less i would start to worry... - though ur luggage might not connect... it should catch up with you in less than 24 hours- but they even cart luggage out to the runway during - taxi and take-off - so-- it might even make it .. tooo....

my opinion NP for 55 minutes..... anything that can cause a delay greater than that- would probably cause u to miss anythign under 2.5 hours.....

Only problem i see - is if you really like haggin out in airport terminal all day.............

August 2003 met my sweet viktoria online

January 2004 feeling the love..heart.gif

November 2004 Really wanting to meet

August 04, 2005 first moments together St Petersburgdance.gif

August 11, 2005 Proposed marraigehearton.gif

Sept 12, 2005 129f received at TSC mail.gif

Sept 16, 2005 NOA1 received From CSC

Oct 26, 2005 date i had expected to receive my NOA2

(past now with this forever july 7 issue new expected -never)

well maybe not -i expect in about 4 months

Nov 14 NOA2

Dec 7 Sent to embassy

Jan 17 interview - got visa!

Timeline
I fly NW all the time. I have had that connection several times. No big deal. They are very efficient in getting you to the next flight. NW knows that there are a bunch of connectors on your flight and will hold the other flight if things get delayed. Don't worry and enjoy the flight!!

Well, you were traveling on a US passport so I would expect that to be easy. I got another flight because I was worried about the problems or delays that might occur considering my fiancee will be traveling to the US on her K1 VISA, as well as the luggage question. A 55 minute connection freaks me out, after spending too much time sleeping in airports myself. I guess I'm looking for least trouble for her, and this connection doesn't give me a nice warm fuzzy feeling about that.

Timeline

Well, you were traveling on a US passport so I would expect that to be easy. I got another flight because I was worried about the problems or delays that might occur considering my fiancee will be traveling to the US on her K1 VISA, as well as the luggage question. A 55 minute connection freaks me out, after spending too much time sleeping in airports myself. I guess I'm looking for least trouble for her, and this connection doesn't give me a nice warm fuzzy feeling about that.

I think you made the right thing. NWA is a screwed up airline. My ex was coming back to dallas and when the plane left manila the O2 masks deployed and they flew to japan for the eitire flight like that with no food and they flew at 8k flight level the whole way.

Good luck on the flight you choiced.

I've gone from Manila to Nagoya to Narita before. I did not have to process through immigration in Nagoya. You have to go through security again at Nagoya, but then directly to your departure gate. Nagoya is not a large terminal and Northwest often uses the Nagoya - Narita path to balance the load and they will coordinate the arrival/departure times so as not to cause a conflict. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

A moot point now, but NWA has been very good on C.'s visits and mine about holding planes a few minutes. I usually fly out of LaGuardia which has meant more than once I've been the last person squeaking onto the plane in Minneapolis, as what was supposed to be a two-hour layover turned into a five minute sprint.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07