Sparkles2013

Proof of Immunity

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

I am getting my ducks in a row..

Currently awaiting the lovely IV fee from NVC to come through so we can send in the rest of our paperwork... In the mean time, I am attempting to get all of my vaccine information ready for the physical. I went to my doctor a few weeks ago with the list of required vaccines for my age group. He determined i needed a few boosters and that i needed a titer test for chicken pox (i never had them as a child). Today, i went back for the results and to get my "proof."

He simply stamped (with his name, address and phone number) and signed the list that i brought him, and put the date of the most recent booster next to each vaccine. Is this acceptable at the medical? Is there a specific form he needs to sign for me? Do i need to get him to prepare a letter?

I do have the notice from public health regarding my chicken pox titer being acceptable but the MMR, Tetanus etc i only have the aforementioned signed/stamped list that i brought in.

any guidance would be appreciated!

-sparkles

Timeline

I think all that you have should be fine. Don't think he needs to write a letter. Do you have the yellow immunization record as well?

27-09-2013: MARRIED :)

USCIS

23-10-2013: Filed I-130 (TSC)
17-05-2014: NOA2 I-130 Approved!

NVC
02-06-2014: Case arrived at NVC
20-06-2014: Case # and IIN assigned
07-07-2014: DS-261 submitted
08-07-2014: AOS fee invoiced
09-07-2014: AOS fee paid

09-07-2014: NVC said they rec'd DS-261
11-07-2014: AOS package emailed

05-08-2014: IV package emailed
03-09-2014: IV fee invoiced
03-09-2014: IV fee paid

04-09-2014: DS-260 completed

09-09-2014: Checklist Received (I-864ez form, income)
12-09-2014: checklist sent (LAST SCAN DATE)

06-11-2014: Case Complete

Last Leg of the Journey

17-11-2014: Medical (Dr Mascarenhas - Toronto)
18-12-2014: Interview (APPROVED :) )

23-12-2014: Visa Received

24-12-2014: POE (Ambassador Bridge, Detroit-about 35mins processing)

Sounds fine. Most immunization records were hand written to begin with. Heck my daughter's are and she's 11.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Sounds like it should be okay - the info I got from the clinic where I did my medical said immunization records that include the exact date (MM-DD-YYYY) and signature from the doctor are considered valid, among other documents. This was a Vancouver clinic, but I would imagine the standards are similar. You might also be able to scan your record and email the clinic to double check that what you have is fine.

Timeline

I give Vaccinations at the health unit (Im a RN) and thats all it is...Everything is hand written and signed! Some like Yellow fever get an official stamp!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Thank you all so much for your help! :) I really, really appreciate it!!

NB for anyone reading this: I am so glad i went to my MD first...I need to be vaccinated for my current job, so i assumed everything would be up to date.,,turns out i was over due for a tetanus/diphtheria booster and, then a titer check revealed I needed another MMR (even though I had the vaccine as a child I had no immunity to the disease). Pretty sure this would have cost tonnezo extra money had a waited until right before the medical!

Now all i need is a damn flu shot...

Timeline

No flu shot right now, that not till the Fall

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

I have a doctors appointment coming up and am wondering if I should ask for a titer test, is it required for the medical? I have all my vaccination records. I know I need a TD booster, and I've had chickenpox. Might as well take advantage of free healthcare while I still can.

Thanks

Edited by LiliBurd

''No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse''

August 16 2013: Started dating

July 6 2014: Got engaged! (L)

I have a doctors appointment coming up and am wondering if I should ask for a titer test, is it required for the medical? I have all my vaccination records. I know I need a TD booster, and I've had chickenpox. Might as well take advantage of free healthcare while I still can.

Thanks

if you have your vaccination records you are fine. You may want to for Measles mumps and rubella anyhow as those can wear off, but generally not an issue unless you're about 30ish.

I had a yearly physical etc all before I came down too. Might as well right?!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Thanks. My records are all in french... think it matters?

if you have your vaccination records you are fine. You may want to for Measles mumps and rubella anyhow as those can wear off, but generally not an issue unless you're about 30ish.

I had a yearly physical etc all before I came down too. Might as well right?!

Thank you. I am 30 :/ lol. My records are all in french... think it matters?

Edited by LiliBurd

''No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse''

I will be doing my medical at medisys.... so that will be enough? I mean the report that doctor will give me is enough to prove my immunity... it's not like my birth certificate which needs to be translated by an official source? It's soooo complicated being from Quebec!

It should be fine. They don't send that report on, they fill out a special form that gets turned in at interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a question regarding this as well. I am Canadian but was born and raised in Germany, so most of my vaccinations were done there. I have the booklet with the dates etc. and translated it to go over it with my doc who determined I wouldn't need anything else from the list for the US. When the time comes to get the official medical done, should I get this officially translated or get in touch with the physician in Montreal to see what exactly is sufficient for them? Any ideas anyone?

As long as it's translated to english somehow, this should be fine, however you can contact Medisys and see what they recommend.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.