Sparkles2013

Proof of Immunity

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I will be doing my medical at medisys.... so that will be enough? I mean the report that doctor will give me is enough to prove my immunity... it's not like my birth certificate which needs to be translated by an official source? It's soooo complicated being from Quebec!

FYI LiliBurd, your birth cert doesn't have to be translated by an official source. My sister translated mine and certified it (to read: i translated it and my sister certified it, as she was too busy to translate it herself lol) and had no issue at my interview 2 days ago. As long as someone who is fluent in both language certifies it, you are fine.

I used this as a reference for my sister to certify it :

http://www.visajourney.com/content/translations

FYI LiliBurd, your birth cert doesn't have to be translated by an official source. My sister translated mine and certified it (to read: i translated it and my sister certified it, as she was too busy to translate it herself lol) and had no issue at my interview 2 days ago. As long as someone who is fluent in both language certifies it, you are fine.

I used this as a reference for my sister to certify it :

http://www.visajourney.com/content/translations

Oh thank you for the link. I just wish they would reissue one in English, it's kind of silly lol. I was told however that when applying for AOS and other legal things I should get it translated officially. But there are translators everywhere in the US I'm sure it wont be an issue to find someone if need be.

''No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse''

August 16 2013: Started dating

July 6 2014: Got engaged! (L)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Silly is an understatement lol Qc governement should at least offer a free template with translated items on it, since both language are officials here. Or screw it, do like the passport and do it with both, french and english already on it (keep on dreaming Audrey).

Are you 100% sure that later on, a simple certified translation won't be enough again? I'd verify that information, i find silly to have to pay to get 15 words translated, when people in your circle can do it perfectly fine for free.

Silly is an understatement lol Qc governement should at least offer a free template with translated items on it, since both language are officials here. Or screw it, do like the passport and do it with both, french and english already on it (keep on dreaming Audrey).

Are you 100% sure that later on, a simple certified translation won't be enough again? I'd verify that information, i find silly to have to pay to get 15 words translated, when people in your circle can do it perfectly fine for free.

Yep! Vive le Quebec :ranting: lol! It might be enough... I'll look into it. Every time I show my Quebec I.D. in the US its like a complete mystery to them lol so I can only imagine birth certificates!!

Edited by LiliBurd

''No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse''

August 16 2013: Started dating

July 6 2014: Got engaged! (L)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.