fishallday

New to this process, have some questions.

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey All,

I am new to this process. I am a US citizen from California and today I have started to work on the K-1 visa app for my Fiance who is in Pakistan. I was previously married, got a divorce and now am looking to remarry. So as you all can tell i have some questions.

1. It says to mail my package to TX lockbox? What is a lockbox and what is my process center ( i am from California, if that helps any) ?

2. on the example letter of intent to marry it says to put the address of filing location... what address would that be and whats my filing location if i am mailing it to Texas?

3. The date on the G-325a form doesn't fit. Would numbered months be OK?

4. What kind of "bags" do you guys use for the photo? I was thinking sandwich bags or ziplock??

5. Any anyone happen to know whats the average wait for K-1 visa for someone in Pakistan? i heard 6-9 month?

Also, just wanted to say sorry if my questions are silly/common.

This website is VERY VERY helpful, i have gotten a lot of info from here in the past week or so. hope you all have a smooth process!

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey All,

I am new to this process. I am a US citizen from California and today I have started to work on the K-1 visa app for my Fiance who is in Pakistan. I was previously married, got a divorce and now am looking to remarry. So as you all can tell i have some questions.

1. It says to mail my package to TX lockbox? What is a lockbox and what is my process center ( i am from California, if that helps any) ?

2. on the example letter of intent to marry it says to put the address of filing location... what address would that be and whats my filing location if i am mailing it to Texas?

4. What kind of "bags" do you guys use for the photo? I was thinking sandwich bags or ziplock??

5. Any anyone happen to know whats the average wait for K-1 visa for someone in Pakistan? i heard 6-9 month?

This website is VERY VERY helpful, i have gotten a lot of info from here in the past week or so. hope you all have a smooth process!

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey All,

Thanks!

[/quote

1. The Dallas Texas lockbox is where all I-129F applications go and then are distributed to the appropriate service center depending on the USCs state of residence

2. I addressed my letter of intent to the lockbox address since that was where I mailed it too

3. Yes I put the dates in all numbers

4. I used ziplock sandwich bags.

5. You can view average wait times using the guide or processing times at the top of the page

Good Luck and welcome!

Hey All,

Thanks!

1. Dallas Lockbox is address where all petitions of K-1 visa (I-129F) are mailed to. If you are in California, your petition will processing at California Service Center (CSC) which is way more faster now than Texas Service Center (TSC) nowadays.
  2. Put address of Dallas Lockbox and attention to USCIS.
  3. You can put additional sheets if it does not fit. Do not forget signed the sheet.
  4. My husband used small plastic bag and put it on those documents with big clips.
  5. I would say beneficiaries from Pakistan have to deal with administrative processing since it seems mandatory for security background checks. No one can tell how long it takes. Could be a few months to years. Just be ready to deal with one of the toughest US embassies.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.