m&n

Do you find your job rewarding?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ditto. And it doesn't even pay my bills. :P

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I definately enjoy my job.....I am a reporter for a small town newspaper in middle-of-nowhere Ohio. The pay sux but I love to write and the fact that I get paid to write and take pictures is awesome in my book - can't complain.

*************** K1 TIMELINE ****************

November 15, 2005 - I-129F Petition mailed to Vermont Service Center

Nov. 23 NOA-1 RFeceived / December 05, 2005 - NOA-2 Received

December 14, 2005 - Case # and packet received from U.S. embassy in Amman, Jordan

January 15, 2006 - Completed packet mailed to U.S. embassy in Amman, Jordan

March 26, 2006 - Letter received stating Visa Appointment scheduled for October 12, 2006

October 12, 2006 - Visa Interview - Approved!

October - December 2006 - Administrative Processing / Security Check

December 20, 2006 - State Department finishes administrative processing

January 24, 2007 - I FINALLY find out Visa is ready because NO ONE EVER called us from the embassy in Amman

February 27, 2007 - Passport sent off to embassy in Amman to have Visa put in

April 13, 2007 - VISA IN HAND!!! After 17 months....Friday the 13th...how fitting.

April 24, 2007 - Entrance into U.S. at Chicago O'Hare...YAY!!!

***************** AOS TIMELINE ******************

May 15, 2007 - Finally Married!!!!

May 17, 2007- Received Social Security Number

May 29, 2007 - Mailed of AOS/EAD Packet

June 9, 2007 - Received NOA-1

June 28, 2007 - Biometrics Appointment

July 26, 2007 - RFE for I-485 (need to re-submit W-2s for sponsor and joint sponsor)

August 18, 2007 - Recived appointment letter for I-485.

October 25, 2007 - Green Card Interview!

***************** Lifting of Conditions ******************

October 19, 2009 - Interview for 10 yr. Green Card - Lifting of conditions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My job can be rewarding, but I don't particularly like it. But I guess I will stay for another year because my man won't be able to find a job that pays as well and babies like to spend money!

(I teach 7th grade English)

Edited by sonicliz

timeline doesn't matter.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I find my paycheck to be rewarding enough that nothing else matters, lol. :lol:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

What do you do and are they hiring? :D

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

A very boring job lol...very very boring. I manage the intellectual property for my company (Patents) :wacko:, work with engineers and the US Patent office all day. So so fun.

Not hiring right now unfortunatly, I will keep an eye out for ya since you are local. What do you do?

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

A very boring job lol...very very boring. I manage the intellectual property for my company (Patents) :wacko:, work with engineers and the US Patent office all day. So so fun.

Not hiring right now unfortunatly, I will keep an eye out for ya since you are local. What do you do?

Unfortunately nothing interesting. I've been working in offices for the past.... well, alot of years. Customer service, HR assistant, personal assistant, blah blah etc.

I gave my fiance a list of all my job duties and he said it sounded like I managed the office, which I don't but...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.