Boris

Just one easy question

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi guys, thank you for all what you do here, it really helps.

I have a question, as always, my baby has to do more documents and our lawyer said that it's better to get checks from telephone company. We talk hours and hours on the phone but she always calls me with using phone cards - Free connect, so it's not an easy task to get these checks from the telephone company.

Maybe you know if it is really necessary to have telephone bills? Sahe is in so stress now. I'm so worry about everything what's going on around us.

So, if you know the truth about it, I would be glad to hear it.

Thanks you again

we are all of the same kind

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

establishing proof that you've met within the last two years is the biggie...phone records just show you've talked to each other. plane tickets, hotel receipts, photos, emails, that sort of thing is proof of having met. i never sent a phone record (neither did i use an attorney to do this) and the proof i sent was plane tickets, my itinerary, photos, and our letter of intent. hope this helps :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a question, as always, my baby has to do more documents and our lawyer said that it's better to get checks from telephone company. We talk hours and hours on the phone but she always calls me with using phone cards - Free connect, so it's not an easy task to get these checks from the telephone company.

Maybe you know if it is really necessary to have telephone bills? Sahe is in so stress now. I'm so worry about everything what's going on around us.

Thanks you again

Would you have a credit card statement with the calling cards on them? With my I-129F we provided maybe a couple of telephone bills but it was mostly emails, photos, copy of the petitioners life insurance (with me on it) and transportation receipts.

I wouldn't stress over it, if its not going to work then it might be best to focus your energy on finding other proof to submit.

We had a consultation with a lawyer but we submitted everything on our own.

Edited by bride2be

Officially a citizen. My journey took 6 years, 6 months, and 29 days

ruler1.jpg

Hi, as long as you have plenty of other info i. e-mails pics, boarding passes then telephone bills are not really that important although others will say the more evidence you have the better,but I wouldn't stress over it too much, sometimes these lawyers give you undue worry due to their ignorance of what is actually neccesary.

Regards David

• 4 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Don't worry too much. There's not a list with stuff that should or should not be provided as evidence of relationship. If you don't have phone bills, you can get other pieces of evidence, like the other posters have said.

Good luck. :)

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

My Fiancee and I have the same situation. I have collected over 350 calling cards which I have used using a free phone number. I have sometimes called my fiancee directly also. I was stressing as we speak more than 3 times every day and I do not feel that the physical evidence of the calling cards will be sufficient evidence. Fortunatly we see each other 6 times a year so hopefully that will count for something.

Thanks you again

06/17/06- sent New I-129F petition to VSC.

07/26/06- NOA1

07/07/06- IMBRA RFE sent from VSC

07/20/06- IMBRA RFE received at VSC

09/29/06- NOA2

10/17/06- received Packet 3 from London Embassy

10/25/06- Medical

10/27/06- Sent Packet 3

12/13/06- received Packet 4 from London Embassy Interview scheduled for 19th Jan 2007

12/14/06- Emailed embassy to Reschedule interview

01/08/06- received Packet 4 new interview date 26th Feb 2007

Filed: Timeline

Mew,

I don't think he's worried any longer - he's gotten the visa and is in the USA.

Yodrak

Don't worry too much. There's not a list with stuff that should or should not be provided as evidence of relationship. If you don't have phone bills, you can get other pieces of evidence, like the other posters have said.

Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Mew,

I don't think he's worried any longer - he's gotten the visa and is in the USA.

Yodrak

Yeah, I was dumb not to check the thread date. But I guess it's still useful to other VJ's in the same situation.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.