Lifehastomoveon

Interview experience at Mumbai Consulate.

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Friends., I am here sharing my interview experience.

List of Docs that I carried to interview:

1. I130 Packet
# US passport and naturalization photocopy of petitioner.
# Indian Passport of Beneficiary(Original and Photocopy)
# US passport style photos - multiple copies
# Affidavit of bonafide marriage by brother of beneficiary
# Affidavit of bonafide marriage by cousin of beneficiary
# Affidavit of bonafide marriage by Sister of petitioner
# Affidavit of Bonafide marriage by mother of petitioner
# Wedding invitations with certified translation
# Wedding greeting cards from friends.
# Joint bank account statement and copy of bank passbook
# Xoom Transactions.
# Email history, Skype logs, Gtalk text history
# Boarding passes of petitioner for wedding trip to India.
2.AOS Packet
# Federal tax return,W2,1099INT,1099DIV,Tax transcripts of 2013,2012 and 2011.
# Letter of employment
# Recent 6 months pay stubs.
3.IV Packet.
# Original and photocopy of Marriage certificate
# Original and photocopy of Birth certificate
# Original and photocopy of PCC
4. Copy of interview letter
4.DS 260 Confirmation page(stamped by OFC)
5.Sealed Medical packet.
6. Insurance screenshot of petitioner where my name has been list out as beneficiary..
7. screenshots of Wedding announcement in a magazine
8.Screenshots of our wedding website(our stories are there).
9.Wedding album and other few mixed photos together.
10. Wedding invitation of my cousin where my name and my husbands name has been listed or mentioned or highlighted as relatives with certified translation.
11.My employment papers(jus in case)

My interview time was 7.30 AM in mumbai embassy. I arrived there by 7. Since it was raining heavy, An officer called up the 7.30 applicants and let us go inside the building. I was the second person in the queue. So I was nervous.I went inside by 7.10 AM.There are some consular assistants who are helping applicants to arrange papers in order. So Applicants were asked to arrange papers in following order.,

1. DS260 Confirmation Page
2. 2 US style photographs
3. Medical report
4. PCC
5.Original and photocopy of Birth certificate, Marriage certificate( If we submit originals to NVC, we can jus use photocopies at this stage in interview)
6.AOS packet(I864,I864A and updated tax returns)

Since I was aware of this order,I already organized papers at home itself and were waiting for my turn.An Indian officer in a counter called applicants one by one. I approached him in my turn, He jus asked me the interview appointment letter and pasted token number label on it and told me to wait for my number to be flashed on the screen.By 7.45 AM, I saw my number flashed on the screen and approached counter no.4. She was a nice tamil lady from chennai and was talking to me very friendly in tamil. She asked me about my moms maiden name, my maiden name, marriage date, my parents name,husband name. It was jus for verification.
She then returned to me the IV package(photocopy of my passport,original BC,photocopy of PCC, certified copy of MC) and AOS package(Federal tax return,W2,1099INT,1099DIV,Tax transcripts of 2012 and 2011). She was organizing papers like original passport, DS260 confirmation page,2 US style passport fotos, Medical report, Original PCC (which i submitted to NVC, She did not return it to me),Photocopy of BC and MC,Federal tax return,W2,1099INT,1099DIV,Tax transcripts of 2013.She Gave me domestic violence pamphlet and asked me to go through it as i m waiting for interview with US consular. I was jus waiting for my turn and reading the pamphlet.
By 8.20 AM, I saw my token number on screen and approached the mentioned counter.
She was a nice beautiful US consular, Actually i was admiring her. We both greeted each other.She asked me interview letter and taking the oath and fingerprints. started asking me questions.,

1. Who is calling you?
2.When and where did you get married?
3.How did you meet your husband?
4.Whats his profession?
5.In which state does he lives?
6.When was your last meet?
7.What do you like the most about your husband?
8.How many times do you talk to your husband in a day?
9.When did u talk to him last?
I answered, Before entering into this building.She asked me back that if he is waiting outside in this heavy rain? I answered " No, I was on a call with him".
10.Is your visa pick up location Chennai?
11. Did you read and understand the domestic voilence?

I answered for all questions confidently. She said to me that " Ok Ma'am Your visa is approved , You can collect your passport and visa at your pick up location. She then provided me a instruction paper for green card fee payment and was told to pay it before departing to US.I said Thank you and you look very prettyy She thanked me back and smiled.She did not ask me any of my evidences or wedding photos or even a single paper. I walked out of the building with a surprising smile by 8.30 AM. Pheww That was a big relief really.
I came back to my hotel and checked ceac site ryt away by 9 AM and it showed " Administrative processing" I again checked the visa status after lunch by 2 PM, It showed " ISSUED".
Consular assistants and Indian officers were very helpful and friendly.Consular interview also very cool and easy. I still cant believe that I am done coz I did not feel that i took interview. I hope this helps all my i130 friends.
If you are really well prepared for your interview, then you wont be facing any difficulties.

Thank you

I-130 USCIS

NOA1: 08/15/2013

NOA1 Hardcopy: 08/22/2013

Case transferred to CSC: 02/10/2014

Case transfer Hardcopy: 02/19/2014

NOA2: 03/05/2014

NOA2 Hardcopy: 03/10/2014

NVC:

Case arrived at NVC: 03/13/2014

Case number,IIN,BIN assigned and email id given: 04/14/2014

DS261 Available and Completed: 04/18/2014

DS261 accepted and received instruction: 04/21/2014

AOS fee paid and Payment status is "IN PROCESS": 04/21/2014

AOS Payment status shows PAID: 04/24/2014

AOS mailed to NVC: 04/24/2014

IV fee paid and payment status shows " IN PROCESS" : 04/25/2014

IV fee payment status shows PAID: 04/29/2014

Approved IV packet and DS260: 05/20/2014

Interview Date(Got from NVC by call on 05/30/2014): 07/15/2014

Received Interview Letter from NVC by email: 06/02/2014.

Biometrics done at VAC,Chennai: 06/16/2014

Medicals done at Apollo,Chennai: 06/17/2014

VISA APPROVED at Mumbai embassy: 07/15/2014

VISA Pick up at Chennai VFC: 07/18/2014

Port Of Entry: 9/4/2014

SSN Arrived: 10/6/2014

Green Card Arrived: 10/22/2014

Case Complete: 05/27/2014

Removal of Conditional - Joint Waiver/Divorced

Green Card Expired: 9/04/2016

NOA Date: 7/13/2016

Biometric Date: 8/2/2016

I-551 Samping: 7/7/2017 at Dallas Field Office

I-751 Approved: 10/07/2017 (USCIS status: New card is being produced)

New Green Card Received:  

Congratulations!!! :dance:

Met: 12/2011

Married: 12/26/2013

Interview Date: 8/27/2014 - APPROVED

REUNITED!: 9/10/2014

POE: Miami

I-751 & I-912 filed together: 6/16/2016

Package Received In CA Service Center: 6/21/2016

I-912: Denied 8/6/2016

I-751 sent w/payment: 8/22/2016

Package Received at CSC: 8/24/2016

NOA-1: 8/29/2016 (dated 8/24/2016)

Biometrics Appt: 10/11/2016

~~moved to embassy discussion from IR1/CR1 process and procedures. Topic is an embassy review not a question about the IR1 process~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 3 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.