Lenny&Sanna

Current Processing Date at TSC as of 7/8/14

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I would strongly suggest that if you've gone past 5 months, getting your congressman or senator involved.

I filed on December 16th last year. As of June 16th, still nothing and I wasn't allowed to open a service request because they said it was within "normal" processing times. I asked them how 6 months was within 5 months and they didn't know!! But at the time they still had 5 months posted on their website.

Anyway, near the end of June I asked my congressman's office if they could send an inquiry. They did - but they sent it to the wrong place! So I called back on July 2nd and asked him what was going on. He then told me that they got back to him and told him he should have sent it to the TSC. So he overnightted it on July 2nd, TSC received it on July 3rd. And at just before midnight July 3rd, the USCIS website updated to say that not only had it been approved (that day), but that it had been shipped to the NVC!!

So it appears to me that these congressional inquiries really can push things along. We also had a little running competition in the December 2013 filers thread. Another guy and I decided to pursue different strategies to see if we could determine if one worked better than the other. He and I filed within 5 days of each other (he was 5 days after me). He contacted his congressman early in June and was approved on June 16th. I didn't contact my congressman until after he got his approval. And when my congressman finally got it to the right place, I was approved the same day they received his inquiry.

Edited by Jon York

event.png

event.png

event.png

I Am The Petitioner

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? WE WISH!

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-129F Sent : 12/07/2013

I-129F NOA1 : 12/16/2013

Alien Registration Number Changed: 12/24/2013

Wait... wait... wait... wait...

Asked Congressman to send service request to USCIS: 7/1/2014

USCIS received Congressman's inquiry: 7/3/2014

Notification via USCIS Website of NOA2 - Approved: 7/5/2014

NOA2: 6/25/2014 - We found out later it had been approved (but not posted) before congressional inquiry received.

Shipped to Embassy: 7/17/2014

Received by Embassy: 7/21/2014 - Status: READY

Packet 3.5: 7/24/2014

Packet 3.5 Sent: 8/7/2014 (We had delays because of civil unrest in Pakistan)

Embassy Receive: 8/21/2014 (Again delays due to civil unrest)

Receive Appointment Letter/Interview Date: 8/27/2014 (interview date in just 9 days)!

Medical Exam: 8/29/2014 (Yikes! The whole thing has now been postponed for 2 months for TB testing)

Interview Date: Originally 9/5/2014 - Now Postponed for at least two months

TB Test Results: 10/15/2014 - came back 18 days early! And she's negative!

Interview Rescheduled 10/17/2014: (embassy moving at lightning speed)!

New Interview Date: 10/29/2014 APPROVED!!!

CEAC Updates to AP: 11/13/2014

CEAC Updates to ISSUED!! 11/14/2014

Visa In-Hand: 11/24/2014

Arrival in USA: 11/27/2014 -- 11 MONTHS, 1 WEEK, 4 DAYS AFTER NOA1

MARRIED: 11/30/2014 !!!

[/center]

THE END!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im in the same boat as all you too...but I do know reality. Congress has bigger and better things to do, not saying they are doing them but you get what i am saying. This type of visa is a privilege not a right, the USA doesn't have to do this for you nor do they have to do it in a specific time frame. They could deny you for any reason or no reason and you just deal with it. Trillions of dollars of debt here, they aren't going to hire more people just so you can be with your foreign spouce a few months earlier. Life is unfair sometimes, deal with it.

Im in the same boat as all you too...but I do know reality. Congress has bigger and better things to do, not saying they are doing them but you get what i am saying. This type of visa is a privilege not a right, the USA doesn't have to do this for you nor do they have to do it in a specific time frame. They could deny you for any reason or no reason and you just deal with it. Trillions of dollars of debt here, they aren't going to hire more people just so you can be with your foreign spouce a few months earlier. Life is unfair sometimes, deal with it.

Could you please fill out your timeline please :)

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-09-09

(Sent to NVC: 2014-09-15)

NVC Received : 2014-09-22

NVC Left :2014-09-26

Medical : 2014-09-29

Consulate Received : 2014-09-29

Packet 3 Received : 2014-10-06

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2014-10-23

Interview Date : 2014-11-07

Interview Result : APPROVED!!

AP : 2014-11-12 (2 hours)

Issued: 2014- 11- 12

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't mean to hijack this thread but I feel compelled to address a few of the concepts laid out here

1 True. Life is unfair and many of us are learning to "deal with it" in our own ways

2.The processing of these petitions is funded from the fees on submission and not from the people

3.The law provides for families of citizens to be reunited to them, within the framework of protection of the best interest of the nation and its citizens. A privilege supported by law is a right in my mind.

4. The law does not say that they can deny you for no reason. although getting to that reason can be difficult in some cases

5. USCIS is working hard to bring many of their processes under control but is facing a number of challenges. Providing focus on issues of importance can be done through our congressional representatives and may in fact help everyone including the front line people processing these requests

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

I would strongly suggest that if you've gone past 5 months, getting your congressman or senator involved.

I filed on December 16th last year. As of June 16th, still nothing and I wasn't allowed to open a service request because they said it was within "normal" processing times. I asked them how 6 months was within 5 months and they didn't know!! But at the time they still had 5 months posted on their website.

Anyway, near the end of June I asked my congressman's office if they could send an inquiry. They did - but they sent it to the wrong place! So I called back on July 2nd and asked him what was going on. He then told me that they got back to him and told him he should have sent it to the TSC. So he overnightted it on July 2nd, TSC received it on July 3rd. And at just before midnight July 3rd, the USCIS website updated to say that not only had it been approved (that day), but that it had been shipped to the NVC!!

So it appears to me that these congressional inquiries really can push things along. We also had a little running competition in the December 2013 filers thread. Another guy and I decided to pursue different strategies to see if we could determine if one worked better than the other. He and I filed within 5 days of each other (he was 5 days after me). He contacted his congressman early in June and was approved on June 16th. I didn't contact my congressman until after he got his approval. And when my congressman finally got it to the right place, I was approved the same day they received his inquiry.

Hello Jon :)

I feel identify with your case.. Because my fiance is from NY...

Sorry for ask but I'd like to know if you contact congressman Schumer? If yes can you help me how can I do it?

I really appreciate any help!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Muñeca, Chuck Schumer is a senator, not a congressman. But you could contact him too. Although I feel like congressmen do a better job with this. But he should do a good job I guess.

Tell your fiance to check out this page: http://www.schumer.senate.gov/Contact/office_locations.htm and pick the office that's closest to him and then just give them a call. They'll tell him what to do.

He can also go to this page, http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/, and type in his zip code and it will tell him who is congressman is (if he doesn't know). It will also give a link to his web page and he can contact him from there.

Good luck!!

event.png

event.png

event.png

I Am The Petitioner

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? WE WISH!

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-129F Sent : 12/07/2013

I-129F NOA1 : 12/16/2013

Alien Registration Number Changed: 12/24/2013

Wait... wait... wait... wait...

Asked Congressman to send service request to USCIS: 7/1/2014

USCIS received Congressman's inquiry: 7/3/2014

Notification via USCIS Website of NOA2 - Approved: 7/5/2014

NOA2: 6/25/2014 - We found out later it had been approved (but not posted) before congressional inquiry received.

Shipped to Embassy: 7/17/2014

Received by Embassy: 7/21/2014 - Status: READY

Packet 3.5: 7/24/2014

Packet 3.5 Sent: 8/7/2014 (We had delays because of civil unrest in Pakistan)

Embassy Receive: 8/21/2014 (Again delays due to civil unrest)

Receive Appointment Letter/Interview Date: 8/27/2014 (interview date in just 9 days)!

Medical Exam: 8/29/2014 (Yikes! The whole thing has now been postponed for 2 months for TB testing)

Interview Date: Originally 9/5/2014 - Now Postponed for at least two months

TB Test Results: 10/15/2014 - came back 18 days early! And she's negative!

Interview Rescheduled 10/17/2014: (embassy moving at lightning speed)!

New Interview Date: 10/29/2014 APPROVED!!!

CEAC Updates to AP: 11/13/2014

CEAC Updates to ISSUED!! 11/14/2014

Visa In-Hand: 11/24/2014

Arrival in USA: 11/27/2014 -- 11 MONTHS, 1 WEEK, 4 DAYS AFTER NOA1

MARRIED: 11/30/2014 !!!

[/center]

THE END!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

Hi Muñeca, Chuck Schumer is a senator, not a congressman. But you could contact him too. Although I feel like congressmen do a better job with this. But he should do a good job I guess.

Tell your fiance to check out this page: http://www.schumer.senate.gov/Contact/office_locations.htm and pick the office that's closest to him and then just give them a call. They'll tell him what to do.

He can also go to this page, http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/, and type in his zip code and it will tell him who is congressman is (if he doesn't know). It will also give a link to his web page and he can contact him from there.

Good luck!!

:dancing:

Thank you very much Jon!!! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Really? So, we all should be thankful even if we're treated as a second class citizen despite us being Americans? Also, pusuit of happiness is a right, not a prilivage if you read or heard of Declaration of Indepenance.

I suggest getting your facts straight before telling other people how they should feel and act. Nobody will listen anyways, but at least people will take you more seriously.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.