4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hello,

I have filled out my AOS feel and it has been marked as paid on the NVC portal. A few questions filling out the I-864.

a. Do I need to fill a seperate I-864 for my wife and step daugther?

b. In the field 2.a Street number and name, I filled out my street number and name but not the apartment number since there is no space. When I check apartment in 2b the field is disabled and it does not let me put in an apartment number. My address is as: 290 Rio De Janerio terrace, # 415.

c. On page 2, "Information about the immigrants you are sponsoring", When I fill out my wife's I-864, do I have to fill in that I am sponsoring my step daughter? There is a question that asks " I am sponsoring the following family members immigrating at the same time or within 6 months of the principal immigrant named in Part 2" . Do not include any relative listed on a separate visa petition.

c. In part 5, (Sponsors household size), it asks if you are currently married enter 1 for your spouse. I am married but my spouse and step daughter are not yet part of my household. Shouldn't my household size be just 1 for myself?

d. On page 5, where it asks about the Federal tax return on question 13: "I have filed a federal tax return for each of the three recent tax years. ". I filed an extension for 2013. I have the tax returns for the years 2012, 2011 and 2010.

Many thanks for your responses as always. I cannot wait to get the last of these papers behind me.

Regards,

Harry

Hello,

I have filled out my AOS feel and it has been marked as paid on the NVC portal. A few questions filling out the I-864.

a. Do I need to fill a seperate I-864 for my wife and step daugther? ~yes each needs their own AOS package. that includes documentation not just the I-864.

b. In the field 2.a Street number and name, I filled out my street number and name but not the apartment number since there is no space. When I check apartment in 2b the field is disabled and it does not let me put in an apartment number. My address is as: 290 Rio De Janerio terrace, # 415. ~Try hand writing it in.

c. On page 2, "Information about the immigrants you are sponsoring", When I fill out my wife's I-864, do I have to fill in that I am sponsoring my step daughter? There is a question that asks " I am sponsoring the following family members immigrating at the same time or within 6 months of the principal immigrant named in Part 2" . Do not include any relative listed on a separate visa petition. ~no because your step daughter has a separate petition.

c. In part 5, (Sponsors household size), it asks if you are currently married enter 1 for your spouse. I am married but my spouse and step daughter are not yet part of my household. Shouldn't my household size be just 1 for myself? ~no. Will post link below of how your wife's and then your step daughter's should look.

d. On page 5, where it asks about the Federal tax return on question 13: "I have filed a federal tax return for each of the three recent tax years. ". I filed an extension for 2013. I have the tax returns for the years 2012, 2011 and 2010. ~You can put down you have an extension (hand write in again) and include proof of said extension. However at interview they may still require the tax return to be filed. You can always amend it after entering the USA for a refund, but it really is best to file it before hand.

Many thanks for your responses as always. I cannot wait to get the last of these papers behind me.

Regards,

Harry

~~if you do not live or have a job in the USA, you WILL need a joint sponsor unless your employment continues once you get to the USA~~

WIFE AOS household count:

864l.gif

Step daughter AOS household count:

8b5ccca4-0054-41cc-a24e-243a99ea0ee5.gif

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

You may be able to help me out with this question. I filed a tax extension with turbotax. I only have an e mail confirmation from them. This is driving me nuts now. Should I file my taxes and then fill out the 864? I dont want an RFE but I dont want to wait any longer either. I had an RFE earlier asking me to prove my bonafide relationship. I have some complications in last years tax returns because I bought a property and lost a lot of receipts that I used for repairs. Shoot!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.