NikkisPrecious

Anyone applying for I-130, PLEASE READ

34 posts in this topic

This had been added to Section 7 on the I-130 for the requirements: IT WAS NOT ON THE OLD VERSION.

Section 7 is with regards to "What Documents Do You Need to Prove aFamily Relationship?"

BELOW HAS BEEN ADDED

NOTE: In addition to the required documentation listed in 1)through 4) above, you should submit one or more of thefollowing types of documentation that may evidence that bonafides of your marriage:

1) Documentation showing joint ownership or property;

or2) A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence;

or3) Documentation showing co-mingling of financialresources;

or4) Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, thepetitioner, and your spouse together;

or5) Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties havingpersonal knowledge of the bona fides of the maritalrelationship (Each affidavit must contain the full nameand address, date and place of birth of the person makingthe affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner ofbeneficiary, if any, and complete information and detailsexplaining how the person acquired his or herknowledge of your marriage);

or6) Any other relevant documentation to establish that thereis an ongoing marital union.

going through HELL

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Discussed for a while over on Candle, you may like to read about it:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22011

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Hmmm would you say no.3 "Co-mingling of financial resources" counts as bank statements from both parties showing purchases from the others country??

going through HELL

Timeline
Hmmm would you say no.3 "Co-mingling of financial resources" counts as bank statements from both parties showing purchases from the others country??
Co-mingling means shared bank accounts, joint account into which both partners deposit money and pay bills from.

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Then how on earth am i supposed to proove my on going marriage if they won't let me go there to visit!? AND we were unable to open an account in the UK together! How do they expect people to be able conform with all this stuff, what acceptable, whats not? This makes me so angry. What sources are gonna help? I can't do 1-4 on this additional info and 5-6 isn;t very specific.. HEEELLLP!!

Edited by NikkisPrecious

going through HELL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I totally agree. But I guess I would just do the affidavit part, I don't think it has to be very complicated.

Then how on earth am i supposed to proove my on going marriage if they won't let me go there to visit!? AND we were unable to open an account in the UK together! How do they expect people to be able conform with all this stuff, what acceptable, whats not? This makes me so angry. What sources are gonna help? I can't do 1-4 on this additional info and 5-6 isn;t very specific.. HEEELLLP!!

Sandy

Michael's I-130:

NOA1: 5-10-2006----updated w/ citizenship: 9-25-06----had to call back 10/25, touch 10/26

12/06/06 - Approved!- - - 12/08/06 - Touch---01/25/07 - Touch

I130 at NVC

12/14/06 - case number assigned

12/25/06 - DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed (phone system updated 12/27)

12/27/06 - emailed choice of agent; 12/29/06 - received email from NVC confirming choice of agent!

01/01/07 - NVC generated IV Fee Bill (postmarked 1/17 though!)

01/03/07 - returned AoS Fee Bill via Priority Mail (James' shortcut)

01/15/07 - NVC generated AOS package

01/22/07 - received IV Fee Bill - overnighted back to NVC same day

01/27/07 - recieved I864 package; 01/29/07 - overnighted I864 to NVC

01/29/07 - DS230 generated (phone system not updated, email response 2/5/07)

02/05/07 - mailed DS-230 to NVC via express mail

02/20/07 - CASE COMPLETE!!

04/18/07 - INTERVIEW!!!! - APPROVED!!!!

Michael's K-3:

09/28/06 - NOA1

1/25/07 - approved ...NOA2 via snail mail - 1/29/07

03/16/07 - chose not to return packet 3 to Montreal

This has made things difficult for us now, how are we supposed to prove anything? I tried to call the USCIS and ask what would be acceptable forms of other documentation, they said i need to book an appointment to see someone!! GRRRRR!!! I just wanna know whats gonnna be accptable becasue we can't do 1-4, how are we supposed to have a property together or a lease or a child for that fact if we can't live in the same country without a damm visa!!!!!

going through HELL

Timeline

A good example of third party affidavit is the "Letter of Support from friends" listed in the example forms under Lifting Conditions.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/I-751_support.doc

Some simple rewording is all that is needed to change it application but it serves the same purpose, helps establish a bona fide marriage relationship.

Get letters from 3 or more friends that attest to your relationship.

Filed: Timeline

NikkisPrecious,

Item #6 is an open invitation. Examine your situation and take advantage of it.

Yodrak

Edited by Yodrak

NikkisPrecious,

Yodrak

I'm not quite sure i fully understand what you mean, we have pictures, passport stamps, flight stubs, people that can write letters saying we are legit, pictures of us and my new step children all together. But being such a vague open invitation doesn't help us.. how are we to know if these things we have are going to be accepted?

This new addition has made things somewhat more difficult for a couple in a new marriage.

We can't get any of 1-4 without being in the same country, but this is the purpose to file this form, is to live together

going through HELL

NikkisPrecious,

Submit them. The case officer will let you know.

Would it help you more if there was a specific, well defined list - such as the suggested items 1-4 - and you had none of the items on it? I think not.

They are telling you, 'here are a few ideas, or use anything else that you may have that makes the point'. They opened the door for you, walk through.

Yodrak

NikkisPrecious,

Yodrak

I'm not quite sure i fully understand what you mean, we have pictures, passport stamps, flight stubs, people that can write letters saying we are legit, pictures of us and my new step children all together. But being such a vague open invitation doesn't help us.. how are we to know if these things we have are going to be accepted?

Edited by Yodrak

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Nikki,

I'm in the same situation, one idea:

If you are employed, and your employer offers some sort of life insurance, why don't you add your spouse to the coverage. In my case, once I told the company I was married, she automatically became covered. I'm requesting a hard copy of her coverage and will include that with my I-130.

So what happens in my case, I filed the I-130 for my husband last year in. I have a receipt notice of June 15 2006. We have not heard even a peep from USCIS since then. At the that I filed the petition these documents were not required to be submitted with the application. Currently we are still waiting for our NOA2. This week they have finally by the grace of God updated the processing dates to July 17 2006 so I finally became eligible to call and make an inquiry and also get my congressman involved. I hope they can do something for us regarding our application. My question is what do I do in my case, am I supposed to fill out a new form or send in this additional documentation what? Or just sit tight ? I’m totally confused. Also I heard that I130 are being held back and not sent to NVC does that mean that they are still approving them but they are just not forwarded on thought the rest of the process? If my I-129F has not been approved yet and they I130s are being held back what in the world am I supposed to do. I lost now with these changes. =0(

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Nikki,

I'm in the same boat :crying: I am a US citizen and live in California. I'm marrying my boyfriend, who is a Mexican National, next Friday, the 26 of January, in Tijuana, Mexico. I read and re-read the I-130 Petition and can't figure out where I'm going to get those additional documents :help: We were separated months after we met because he developed cancer and had to return to Guadalajara for treatment :( . So we have no pictures. There are plenty of telephone bills and some emails. When he moved to Tijuana, I began visiting, so I also have hotel receipts and some other receipts from stores where we shopped. I wonder if these would be acceptable documents :unsure:

EliyLino

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.