Jedi2155

Delaying Interview Date for K1 Visa

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I finally mailed my K1 Visa about 3 weeks ago on June 11th and recieved my NOA1 on 6/18. Shockingly, I just recieved my NOA2 today dated 07/01 which was less than 3 weeks from the MAIL IN date (I was expecting a few months). Reading forum posts from other members, I discovered that some people have received interview dates within a month of receiving their NOA2. I'm concerned that my process might be too fast as my Fiancee and I were planning for her to arrive sometime in March 2015 which means the earliest she should have her interview date is in October/November for that date to be in the 6 month entry time window for her Visa.

Looking at the K1 Visa Flowchart (Steps 9/10), it looks like I will have some control in the timeby delaying completion and submission of the forms. My NOA2 Approval Notice states that it is valid from 07/01 to 10/31/2014. Does this mean that the interview has to done in this time frame or is that just a timeframe for how long I have before I have to submit the next paperwork required?

While I would love to bring her here earlier, she is currently a ICU nurse on a 2 year contract/residency which isn't due until next March. In order to receive her certificate of completion from her hospital which will help her greatly in finding a job here, she needs to finish her contract. I'd hate to have to reapply for an expired Visa so I'm just trying to cover my bases here.

I would appreciate any help on the matter.

Thanks!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Progress to Phil. Regional Forum~

~Instructions/requirements are often embassy-specific at this stage of the process~

(organizer hat off)

​Check with the embassy.

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I finally mailed my K1 Visa about 3 weeks ago on June 11th and recieved my NOA1 on 6/18. Shockingly, I just recieved my NOA2 today dated 07/01 which was less than 3 weeks from the MAIL IN date (I was expecting a few months). Reading forum posts from other members, I discovered that some people have received interview dates within a month of receiving their NOA2. I'm concerned that my process might be too fast as my Fiancee and I were planning for her to arrive sometime in March 2015 which means the earliest she should have her interview date is in October/November for that date to be in the 6 month entry time window for her Visa.

Looking at the K1 Visa Flowchart (Steps 9/10), it looks like I will have some control in the timeby delaying completion and submission of the forms. My NOA2 Approval Notice states that it is valid from 07/01 to 10/31/2014. Does this mean that the interview has to done in this time frame or is that just a timeframe for how long I have before I have to submit the next paperwork required?

While I would love to bring her here earlier, she is currently a ICU nurse on a 2 year contract/residency which isn't due until next March. In order to receive her certificate of completion from her hospital which will help her greatly in finding a job here, she needs to finish her contract. I'd hate to have to reapply for an expired Visa so I'm just trying to cover my bases here.

I would appreciate any help on the matter.

Thanks!

You shouldn't have an issue delaying. You still need to get your MNL # from NVC, this can be 4-8 weeks. Once your case file has been sent to Manila you can setup your account (info in my link below) and then do nothing. The embassy will extend the petition validity up to a year automatically, so there is no rush.

Take that GUIDE with a grain of salt. ;)

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

she is currently a ICU nurse on a 2 year contract/residency which isn't due until next March. In order to receive her certificate of completion from her hospital which will help her greatly in finding a job here,

I disagree she need 2 years experience to find job in USA.

I would get her here asap and let her pass NCLEX here and get her RN License and let her start looking for a job in USA. Philippines work experience as a RN is not needed in USA to find work.

Timeline

I disagree she need 2 years experience to find job in USA.

I would get her here asap and let her pass NCLEX here and get her RN License and let her start looking for a job in USA. Philippines work experience as a RN is not needed in USA to find work.

She has a 2 year contract, not trying to meet any "work experience" mandate, thus only trying to complete her contract before leaving.

"she is currently a ICU nurse on a 2 year contract/residency "

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

She has a 2 year contract, not trying to meet any "work experience" mandate, thus only trying to complete her contract before leaving.

"she is currently a ICU nurse on a 2 year contract/residency "

Fina a way to get her out of the contract. Or have her walk on it. Why would you remain apart over something like that. Shrug.

Met in Ormoc, Leyte, Philippines: 2007-05-17
Our son was born in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-04-01
Married in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-10-24
CR-1 Visa - California Service Center; Consulate - Manila, Philippines
I-130 mailed: 2010-04-13
I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-24
I-130 NOA2: 2010-09-30
NVC received case: 2010-10-14
Case Complete: 2010-12-01
Interview scheduled: 2010-12-06
Medical, St. Luke's, Manila: 2010-12-09 and 2010-12-10
Interview at US Embassy in Manila 8:30 AM: 2011-01-05 - Approved!
Visa delivered: 2011-01-08
CFO Seminar completed: 2011-01-10
My beloved wife Sol and my beautiful son Nathan arrive in the U.S. (POE San Francisco): 2011-01-26
Lifting Conditions - Vermont Service Center
Date mailed: 2012-11-01
Receipt date: 2012-11-05
NOA received: 2012-11-09
Biometrics letter received: 2012-11-16
Biometrics appointment date: 2012-12-10
Biometrics walk-in successful: 2012-11-20
Removal of Conditions approved date: 2013-04-27
10 year green card mailed: 2013-05-03
10 year green card received: 2013-05-06
Citizenship
N400 mailed: 2013-10-28
N400 delivered: 2013-10-31
NOA1: 2013-11-04
Biometrics: 2013-11-18
In Line: 2013-12-26
Interview scheduled: 2013-12-30
Interview: 2014-02-03

Oath ceremony queue: 2014-02-07

Oath ceremony: 2014-03-28 Sol is a U.S. citizen

Applied for expedited passport: 2014-04-01

Passport received, Priority Express: 2014-04-09 This is journey's end at last!

Naturalization certificate returned, Priority Mail: 2014-04-12

Passport card received, First Class: 2014-04-14

1457 days, I-130 mailed to passport in hand

Jon and Sol, on 05 Jul 2014 - 3:03 PM, said:

Fina a way to get her out of the contract. Or have her walk on it. Why would you remain apart over something like that. Shrug.

Because she might just have integrity and wish to complete her employment commitment. 2059.gif

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You shouldn't have an issue delaying. You still need to get your MNL # from NVC, this can be 4-8 weeks. Once your case file has been sent to Manila you can setup your account (info in my link below) and then do nothing. The embassy will extend the petition validity up to a year automatically, so there is no rush.

Take that GUIDE with a grain of salt. ;)

Thanks for the guide! I'll definitely check out your website and follow that. Definitely a lot of reading involved in this Visa process.

Because she might just have integrity and wish to complete her employment commitment. 2059.gif

:idea: *ding ding ding* And that's why I'm marrying her! She's a very fine and traditional lady. I also believe it would be good to put on her resume when she gets here. To be able to say that she already has work experience would be very helpful when applying for a position in a good hospital. She'll need every bit of support she can get as job's are very competitive in Southern California.

Edited by Jedi2155

Timeline

Thanks for the guide! I'll definitely check out your website and follow that. Definitely a lot of reading involved in this Visa process.

:idea: *ding ding ding* And that's why I'm marrying her! She's a very fine and traditional lady. I also believe it would be good to put on her resume when she gets here. To be able to say that she already has work experience would be very helpful when applying for a position in a good hospital. She'll need every bit of support she can get as job's are very competitive in Southern California.

:thumbs:

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Let me see In Philippines many nurses work for free the first 6 months in order to get a job contract from a hospital, and then they will probably make less than a saleslady working in mall.

Timeline

I had heard the economy in California is still in a recession. Great job voters of Cali for voting for Obama.

I just don't see it worth the wait to have her stay over there working for peanuts.

California BON will have to do a credential Evaluation on her Transcript and now of days you must have a Social Security number to in order to submit a application to the Board there. By the time you get your girl here and she does her AOS and get her EAD and she studys for NCLEZX you maybe be looking in the year 2016.

For me I would get her hear and get her started so she can start looking for job in US, I see it as wasting time her working any longer in Philippines.

Once she has her work experience as US Nurse of at least one year then she can get another part time job as a RN at another hospital and make 30% more then she makes at her full time job with benefits

Timeline

You don't see it because you are looking through the "financial viewer" missing the bigger picture... it is about honor and commitment... not money.

My wife was still working AFTER the interview, she has a very strong sense of honor and stands by her word to a fault... I offered many times to compensate her salary as we got close to the interview process, but she wouldn't do that, she honored her commitments.

Personally I think that is one fine woman there... and I respect their ( OP ) decisions.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I had heard the economy in California is still in a recession. Great job voters of Cali for voting for Obama.

I just don't see it worth the wait to have her stay over there working for peanuts.

California BON will have to do a credential Evaluation on her Transcript and now of days you must have a Social Security number to in order to submit a application to the Board there. By the time you get your girl here and she does her AOS and get her EAD and she studys for NCLEZX you maybe be looking in the year 2016.

For me I would get her hear and get her started so she can start looking for job in US, I see it as wasting time her working any longer in Philippines.

Once she has her work experience as US Nurse of at least one year then she can get another part time job as a RN at another hospital and make 30% more then she makes at her full time job with benefits

The OP's outlook is it's about us not about ME!! Think about it.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

NCLEX...heard it's much tougher there in California.. Hospital experience is highly required for us Nurses, we need updates,seminars to attend to..etc...We deal with life and with those knowledge and experiences we gain more confidence on what to do with our patients..It's not just earning money..but committing ourselves to render quality service.

MY TIMELINE K1/K2 VISA

04/07/2014 : NOA 2

04/22/2014 : NVC w/ MNL case number

07/30/2014 : Medicals SLEC w/ (2)K2

08/04/2014 : My Psych Evaluation Schedule (due to my Annulment)

08/07/2014 : Psych Interview Passed (received a call from SLEC)

08/08/2014 : My Immunization

08/15/2014 : Pending approved due to CRBA and NBI

09/05/2014 : Applied for CRBA

11/12/2014 : CRBA approved

12/04/2014 : Visa Issued

12/16/2014 : POE-SFO

12/26/2014 : Married

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS W/ MY K2

03/09/2015 : Packet Sent thru USPS

03/12/2015 : Packet delivered CHICAGO lockbox

04/07/2015: : Done w/ biometrics (early walk-in)

04/13/2015: : Status changed to "Case Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

05/21/2015 : EAD/AP Approved

05/22/2015 : EAD updated to "Card being ordered to be produced"

05/28/2015 : EAD card mailed to me

05/30/2015 : EAD/AP combo card and notice 1-797 received

You don't see it because you are looking through the "financial viewer" missing the bigger picture... it is about honor and commitment... not money.

My wife was still working AFTER the interview, she has a very strong sense of honor and stands by her word to a fault... I offered many times to compensate her salary as we got close to the interview process, but she wouldn't do that, she honored her commitments.

Personally I think that is one fine woman there... and I respect their ( OP ) decisions.

I agree and admire your wife for that Hank.. (F)(F)(F)

MY TIMELINE K1/K2 VISA

04/07/2014 : NOA 2

04/22/2014 : NVC w/ MNL case number

07/30/2014 : Medicals SLEC w/ (2)K2

08/04/2014 : My Psych Evaluation Schedule (due to my Annulment)

08/07/2014 : Psych Interview Passed (received a call from SLEC)

08/08/2014 : My Immunization

08/15/2014 : Pending approved due to CRBA and NBI

09/05/2014 : Applied for CRBA

11/12/2014 : CRBA approved

12/04/2014 : Visa Issued

12/16/2014 : POE-SFO

12/26/2014 : Married

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS W/ MY K2

03/09/2015 : Packet Sent thru USPS

03/12/2015 : Packet delivered CHICAGO lockbox

04/07/2015: : Done w/ biometrics (early walk-in)

04/13/2015: : Status changed to "Case Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

05/21/2015 : EAD/AP Approved

05/22/2015 : EAD updated to "Card being ordered to be produced"

05/28/2015 : EAD card mailed to me

05/30/2015 : EAD/AP combo card and notice 1-797 received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.