Anna_S90

Lost...help please

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi everyone, any help is greatly appreciated. I'm an American citizen but living in Armenia. I'm married and have an 11 month old baby. I filed for a CRBA for my son but was denied because I didn't have enough evidence. We want to go to US but I don't know which route to take. Do I file form I-130 for my husband and child? Is there anything else I can do? Which is the best and fastest way to take them with me? I'm scared of being denied. Thanks again.

Probably not enough time as USC to pass the citizenship to your child.

Follow this guide http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1 - file 2 I-130s - one for spouse, one for child.

There's no fast - there's how long the USCIS takes to approve the petition - currently around 6 months. Then it goes to NVC for another 2-3 months before interview is scheduled.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

You're looking at about 9-12 months processing time. Sorry there won't be a faster way for you. Chances for your baby beeing approved are pretty good. For your husband it will depend if you meet the income requirements.

On the other hands, once your baby has a green card and travels with you to the US, he/she will become an automatic USC under the CCA. Read the following for further reference:

--Automatic Citizenship through the Child Citizenship Act of 2000 (CCA)--

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/431566-our-story-crba-for-our-child-denied-entering-the-us-with-a-baby-transportation-letter-and-citizenship-through-the-cca/

It's amazing how many questions can be resolved with a 2 minute Google search...

Filed: Other Timeline

Thanks for the replies! I'm filing today and mailing tomorrow (hopefully). Just a question I hope you'll answer: can I send my baby's and husband's I-130 forms in one package? For ex: in my cover letter, can I write "I, <Petitioner's Full Name>, a citizen of the United States, would like to file a petition I-130 for my spouse, <Beneficiary's Full Name> and child <Beneficiary's Full Name>.". Or do I have to send separate packages?

Edited by Anna_S90

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.