rmarkwallace

How much does an RFE from Texas slow the processing time?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Texas requested a statement of intent to marry and plans for a wedding. The computer projection on this web site re predicted the processing time from August to October. The petition was filed April 24th and the RFE was returned within 48 hours. The computer reset might be because is difficult to predict whether or not the additional information is acceptable or did the petitioner reply promptly. It also might be based on information provided by Immigration. Immigration sometimes advises a long time frame because they want you to complain after the deadline. What has happened to other people when additional evidence was requested by Texas Service Center? In other bureaucracies that I have worked at, the norm is that new information be processed withing two weeks of receipt. Usually ther was only a complete reset of the time line when the application was sent back being too incomplete to work on (Immigration does that a lot with the uncashed check attached). A copy of the RFE is attached.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Texas requested a statement of intent to marry and plans for a wedding. The computer projection on this web site re predicted the processing time from August to October. The petition was filed April 24th and the RFE was returned within 48 hours. The computer reset might be because is difficult to predict whether or not the additional information is acceptable or did the petitioner reply promptly. It also might be based on information provided by Immigration. Immigration sometimes advises a long time frame because they want you to complain after the deadline.attachicon.gifRequest for Evidence.pdf What has happened to other people when additional evidence was requested by Texas Service Center? In other bureaucracies that I have worked at, the norm is that new information be processed withing two weeks of receipt. Usually ther was only a complete reset of the time line when the application was sent back being too incomplete to work on (Immigration does that a lot with the uncashed check attached). A copy of the RFE is attached.

I suggest that you resubmit that attachment with your personal details blacked out....

K-1 Visa

**AOS**

09/03/2014 AOS packet (I-485, I-765, I-131) delivered to Chicago lockbox

09/08/2014 NOA1 received for AOS, EAD, AP

10/01/2014 Biometrics

11/04/2014 I-485: Status changed to Testing and Interview

11/12/2014 EAD & AP Approved, combo card in production

11/22/2014 EAD/AP Combo card received

02/04/2015 AOS Interview - approved! Card in production

02/12/2015 Card received!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Texas requested a statement of intent to marry and plans for a wedding. The computer projection on this web site re predicted the processing time from August to October. The petition was filed April 24th and the RFE was returned within 48 hours. The computer reset might be because is difficult to predict whether or not the additional information is acceptable or did the petitioner reply promptly. It also might be based on information provided by Immigration. Immigration sometimes advises a long time frame because they want you to complain after the deadline.attachicon.gifRequest for Evidence.pdf What has happened to other people when additional evidence was requested by Texas Service Center? In other bureaucracies that I have worked at, the norm is that new information be processed withing two weeks of receipt. Usually ther was only a complete reset of the time line when the application was sent back being too incomplete to work on (Immigration does that a lot with the uncashed check attached). A copy of the RFE is attached.

Edit your post! We can see all your details in that PDF!

Once you respond to the RFE it usually takes a few weeks for them to review and respond to you.

It says that I don't have permission to edit it. I tried.

It appears that somebody asked for it to be removed already. Your RFE is straightforward. Submit two Letters of Intent to Marry, one from the petitioner and another from the beneficiary. And of course, the other examples as specifically stated.

It can take weeks or months for them to review your case again after receipt of your RFE response. So just respond to it timely to avoid further delay.

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Timeline

That was my guess, Bunny Girl. In most of the bureaucracies that I have worked for, once the case is assigned to an analyst, they want it to be kept moving. What I saw the practice was in other bureaucracies that I have been worked for is that the "clean case" is completely examined and then, if additional information is requested a full list of problems is made up, rather than processing stopping every time that there is a question. That way there only needs to be ONE round of correspondence, rather than it bouncing back and forth forever. When I worked for the Internal Revenue Service, a comment was once made on an employee evaluation that I had requested information that was not necessary to resolve the issue.

This probably means that it was really slowed down by less than a month and that there are no other problems, but I can't say that for sure. If there were other problems, I would have gotten a complete list of things needed. The RFE itself is probably written by the examiner hitting a key or series of keys at his computer which results in the main frame cranking out a stock letter that he doesn't see before it goes out. The "Put this page on top letter" has at the top the number of the analyst that it is assigned to. He is XM0012 and the computer generates lists for his supervisor of how many cases he is handling and how long it is taking to resolve them.

Timeline

It could be that I did delete it. I notice that sometimes the web site says that it can't do something when it just did it that second.

My guess is that it cost me three weeks but that is just a guess and that the next thing that I will hear is that this stage of the process is approved. If it had serious problems, I am guessing that they could deny it and say in the denial letter that I could submit additional evidence. That would technically resolve the case and take it out of pending.

Resolving cases was what drove the dozen or so bureaucracies that I worked for. I was once told that the goal was to make decisions and, if they were right, that was even better!!! It's a numbers game, how many is very important. How well is too, if only because unnecessary appeals gum up the system even worse. At DMV, I once saw an office manager riding in the back seat on the road tests of an examiner who was failing too many people. Inappropriate denials create work because people appeal them or reapply. At every bureaucracy that I worked at, the supervisors and managers too were being evaluated on the overall "back log" of the office. This is just speculation but I never worked for a bureaucracy where that wasn't the dynamic. Notice at the US Veterans Administration when they fudged the data the commissioner's head rolled.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to USCIS Service Centers Forum~

~Inquiry about service centers~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

You would be surprised how much of that goes on. At the IRS, 11% of all tax returns arrived unsigned. By the time that you sign it and resubmit it, the filing deadline may have passed and you might have to pay late filing penalties. I once filled out an application for permanent residence in Canada and it was rejected because a box wasn't filled in and in the meantime, the law changed and he was no longer eligible to file!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My question is; how did you get a signed letter of intent to marry from your fiancee in the Philippines and send it in within 48 hours? Did you have the letter and forgot to submit it? You know is has to be an original signature, right?

Edit: I just read yout timeline comments and you mention your fiancee FAXED you a letter of intent. I don't believe they will accept that. It used to be that the letters had to have an original signature. Most of us had to have our fiancees mail the signed letter to us.

Edited by G&D

Timeline

It was sent as a PDF file that I printed out. The basis on which I got it was disclosed in the response. My fiancee wrote it ou tin long hand, had it scanned and sent as a PDF file. Chances are they will accept it.

In the absence of other issues, a good supervisor should tell XM0012 that the case is resolveable and Manila can question that further if they really want to.

The reason why Immigration handles the petitioner's end of it here and then the Consulate handles the beneficiaries end of it there is so that the consulate, which knows local conditions, can verify the the beneficiary's side of the story.

She also is sending me the original that I will forward to them when I get it. This is a common practice in the legal field. Nowadays, faxes are what make the world go round.

It also didn't say that her signed intent was the only proof, that it was a possible proof. They listed other possible proofs. For instance, they said that if I had made a deposit on a reception hall or had exchanged emails about wedding plans, they would consider that.

When I went through my divorce, the filing was done that way, and most of the correspondence was annotated "signed in the writer's absence to avoid delay."

In fact, the Immigration doesn't want originals of a lot of documents because they might get lost. They ask for photocopies and will request an original if they have a doubt. They accepted a photocopy of my divorce decree and my birth certificate.

Their real issue was to make sure that I hadn't filed a petition for somebody who hadn't agreed to marry me at all.

Timeline

I got an email and a text message at 10:30 PM June 30th logging in the response and telling me that I should hear further when it is evaluated, which should be within 60 days, I am guessing that it will be much less. When the original comes in the mail I will forward it to them.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Based on you giving out your personal information like that for all the world to see, maybe it should take a long time..

Need to learn and keep private online.

April 15, 2014 : I-129F Package Sent

April 19, 2014 : I-129F Package Delivery Confirmation via USPS

April 24, 2014 - NOA1 received via email/text

April 25, 2014 - Alien Registration Number changed

April 28, 2014 - NOA1 received in mail.

May 23, 2014 - RFE received in mail.

June 5, 2014 - Response to RFE Sent

June 11, 2014 - NOA2 Approval via website!!!

June 14, 2014 - NOA2 received in mail.

June 24, 2014 - NVC Case # via phone!

June 25, 2014 - NVC forwarded case to Embassy

June 26, 2014 - Embassy received case.

June 26, 2014 - NVC letter in mail.

August 4-5, 2014 - Medical

August 6, 2014 - CFO Seminar

August 13, 2014 - VIsa Interview (Expedited)

August 19, 2014 - VISA ready for pick up!

August 20, 2014 - Packet 3 Arrived

August 26, 2014 - POE!

August 26, 2014 - Notice to schedule an Interview...

October 23, 2014 - AOS/EAD Package Sent

October 30, 2014 - NOA1 via website

November 1, 2014 - NOA1 received in mail

November 6, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment Scheduled in mail

November 19, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I now have the origina but I am holding it because if I send additional information, they would hold up sending it on the the consulate while they read the information. Their computer only tells them that additional information is submitted, not what it is. They don't know that I am only substituting the original for a copy. For all that they know, The unsolicited additional information might be my withdrawing the petition so they will hold up everything until they can read it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.