GlowMe90

Are Philippine Filers still getting expedited?

80 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Well, I am April 2014 Filers I got Auto Expedited Also within 14 Days ( CSC) we Filed Our 1-130 Petition Last April 23, 2014 , and I am from Philippines Living here in Japan for almost 26 yrs . if you can check the April Filers not only me got Auto expedited from CSC on that time . I think we just lucky :) Goodluck to all of us . " Mabuhay " :)

USCIS :

IR-1/IR-2 Visa
Service Center :
California Service Center
Consulate : Tokyo, Japan
Marriage : 2005-12-02
I-130 Sent : 2014-04-23
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-04-29
I-130 RFE : None
I-130 RFE Sent : None
I-130 Approved : 2014-05-13
NVC :
NVC Received : 2014-06-06
Case Number Received : 2014-19-06

DS-261 Sent : 2014-21-06

AOS Bill Generated : 2014-25-06

AOS Bill Paid Online : 2014-25-06

Edited by e.l.e.214

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Are you June filler and you already sad ?! Think at those people who filled last year and they still didnt get the noa2. I am a JANUARY filler and I still didnt get the noa2, and you after not even 1 month you sad ?! wake up dude !!!!

You are far past the 5 months that USCIS is stating for processing times. Call for tier 2 help or engage your senator or congressman to dig into this.

K-1 Visa

**AOS**

09/03/2014 AOS packet (I-485, I-765, I-131) delivered to Chicago lockbox

09/08/2014 NOA1 received for AOS, EAD, AP

10/01/2014 Biometrics

11/04/2014 I-485: Status changed to Testing and Interview

11/12/2014 EAD & AP Approved, combo card in production

11/22/2014 EAD/AP Combo card received

02/04/2015 AOS Interview - approved! Card in production

02/12/2015 Card received!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

And where are all these petitions headed? To NVC, that's where. And do you think that all these expedited petitions may be creating a backlog in NVC? I think they might.

I'm not passing judgement on the situation, just making a supposition. I have been reading the forums and following timelines, watching the expedites, and yeah...I'm a little jealous that someone who has filed months after me has been approved. I am human. I wish everyone here the best of luck on their journeys. If my petition get adjudicated within USCIS's posted 5 month timeline, then fine...I am content to wait. If it drags on much longer than that, well let's just say people are going to hear about it.

The effects of a typhoon the size that hit Phillipines in November can last a very long time. Heck, Louisiana is still feeling Katrina...we just don't hear about it. We don't really know the criteria USCIS is using to expedite those petitions, so I am not going to waste my energy and emotion worrying about someone else's journey. I will just pray there won't be a backlog at NVC when I finally get there.

Just my two cents (or whichever currency you prefer :). Peace out.

ROC

01/18/2017   Sent in I-751

01/26/2017   Check cashed

01/28/2017   Received NOA dated 01/20/2017

02/16/2017   Biometrics done

10/24/2017   Traveled to Minneapolis for I551 stamp

02/26/2018     Case received by Field Office - S. Paul

05/012018     Case transferred to another USCIS office for processing 

N-400

02/02/2018    Filed N-400 online

02/05/2018    NOA online - NOA letter 02/09/2018

02/21/2018     Biometrics walk-in

CONGRATS:) Your case was being expedite maybe. Are you a CSC filer?We filed June 12,2014, just closed to your date.Hopefully, we will hear about ours soon.Goodluck.

thank you :) we send ours to AZ then it was transferred to Nebraska SC.,:) i am praying for everyones quick approval :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Andrei25 FYI, I'm a woman,not a dude.and i have the right to express myself. Did you read the topic? You shouldn't be here in the first place. You chill dude. Relax. I'm not complaining anything, I am just asking here about others petitions. I know the normal time of processing and i'm into it. Waiting for 3-5 or months or more is not bad, it's worth it though after all.

Edited by GlowMe90

June 12,2014 -I-129F sent to Lewisville Texas

June 13, 2014 = Package accepted

June 15,2014 = NoA1 (email & text)

June 16, 2014 = Alien Registration Number changed

June 17, 2014 = Hardcopy NOA1 received

Aug. 5, 2014 = NOA2 approved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

And where are all these petitions headed? To NVC, that's where. And do you think that all these expedited petitions may be creating a backlog in NVC? I think they might.

I'm not passing judgement on the situation, just making a supposition. I have been reading the forums and following timelines, watching the expedites, and yeah...I'm a little jealous that someone who has filed months after me has been approved. I am human. I wish everyone here the best of luck on their journeys. If my petition get adjudicated within USCIS's posted 5 month timeline, then fine...I am content to wait. If it drags on much longer than that, well let's just say people are going to hear about it.

The effects of a typhoon the size that hit Phillipines in November can last a very long time. Heck, Louisiana is still feeling Katrina...we just don't hear about it. We don't really know the criteria USCIS is using to expedite those petitions, so I am not going to waste my energy and emotion worrying about someone else's journey. I will just pray there won't be a backlog at NVC when I finally get there.

Just my two cents (or whichever currency you prefer :). Peace out.

If it were me, I would say all Philippines petitions get priority and expedite. The typhoon was a big blow and they deserve to go super fast.

April 15, 2014 : I-129F Package Sent

April 19, 2014 : I-129F Package Delivery Confirmation via USPS

April 24, 2014 - NOA1 received via email/text

April 25, 2014 - Alien Registration Number changed

April 28, 2014 - NOA1 received in mail.

May 23, 2014 - RFE received in mail.

June 5, 2014 - Response to RFE Sent

June 11, 2014 - NOA2 Approval via website!!!

June 14, 2014 - NOA2 received in mail.

June 24, 2014 - NVC Case # via phone!

June 25, 2014 - NVC forwarded case to Embassy

June 26, 2014 - Embassy received case.

June 26, 2014 - NVC letter in mail.

August 4-5, 2014 - Medical

August 6, 2014 - CFO Seminar

August 13, 2014 - VIsa Interview (Expedited)

August 19, 2014 - VISA ready for pick up!

August 20, 2014 - Packet 3 Arrived

August 26, 2014 - POE!

August 26, 2014 - Notice to schedule an Interview...

October 23, 2014 - AOS/EAD Package Sent

October 30, 2014 - NOA1 via website

November 1, 2014 - NOA1 received in mail

November 6, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment Scheduled in mail

November 19, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment

Timeline

With what has happened there in mostly Leyte, and surrounding area's, reaching down to some of Cebu, being married to a lady from Cebu.,.,...this area, is devastated, and around Leyte.,.,.,.there is nothing left, people living in cardboard boxes, as my wife stays in constant contact with her family in that general region, God knows, if proper paperwork has been filed for Immigration, then it should continue to be expidicted to some extent.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello guys,,, :) i am not sure if they are still expediting the petitions from philippines..just want to share that we got our approval today, :) 3weeks since our Priority date (may 29,2014),, :) i think NVC is the next :) hoping for everyones quick approval :)

Yes, NVC is the next..and I am waiting for my case number for more than 2 months already..Haven't heard from NVC for a month now..I think they misplaced our documents and they can't still find those..

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

They probably are but who knows but our I-130 which was received by the USCIS May 30, 2014 had been approved a little over 3 weeks. We sent in a letter tho requesting our case to be expedited ( my child lives in the Yolanda devasted area and we wantd our previous petition for my sonand this latest I130 for my daughter that just got approved to be processed same time) it was transferred to Nebraska from AZ. Not sure how it is at the NVC yet.

If you are a US Citizen and you have children living in the Philippines, you don't need to file for the I-130 for them, you wife will just file for the CRBA for your daughter and son, and if approved, they will be a us citizen and your wife will apply for a us passport for them..you just need to file a petition for your wife..

Timeline

All I know is that we are getting no special treatment. While we certainly support the expedition of the victims of Yolonda/Haiyan visas, we have been constantly trying to get a K-1 interview for the last month and the only message we get is "Currently, there are no slots available"

As you can see from our timeline, I applied to bring her over her in early November 2013. No RFE's. No support issues. No complications. Yet, when all the paperwork gets there, everything is frozen in time. Does anyone know why no K visa interview slots are open? Does anyone know when the Embassy usually opens the internet calendar gate, so to speak, to allow interview dates to be made? I have never heard of such a freeze before.

We have a strong relationship so I know we will survive this. But, it seems so unusual. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue or if anyone else on this forum has any insight into the why, how, or when this problem will be resolved.

Sincerely,

James

Yes, NVC is the next..and I am waiting for my case number for more than 2 months already..Haven't heard from NVC for a month now..I think they misplaced our documents and they can't still find those..

sorry to hear that .from what i have read in some threads once the NVC received your package you will need to call them as often as you can for you to get the case number,..,

Timeline

All I know is that we are getting no special treatment. While we certainly support the expedition of the victims of Yolonda/Haiyan visas, we have been constantly trying to get a K-1 interview for the last month and the only message we get is "Currently, there are no slots available"

As you can see from our timeline, I applied to bring her over her in early November 2013. No RFE's. No support issues. No complications. Yet, when all the paperwork gets there, everything is frozen in time. Does anyone know why no K visa interview slots are open? Does anyone know when the Embassy usually opens the internet calendar gate, so to speak, to allow interview dates to be made? I have never heard of such a freeze before.

We have a strong relationship so I know we will survive this. But, it seems so unusual. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue or if anyone else on this forum has any insight into the why, how, or when this problem will be resolved.

Sincerely,

James

The slots did open up and there are plenty of threads that shows that.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/498666-manila-embassy-appointment-issues/page-1

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/498903-please-udpate-us-for-any-interview-slot-opening/page-1

Now based on what happen for the opening of july dates I would say that on June 30th in usa at 9pm or 10pm they might open dates for August. Not a guarantee but based on what happen last month and how I got a appointment for my fiancée.

Now about when you filed in November which is when the typhoon hit and im assuming you filed before the typhoon. When they made the decision to expedite the petition it started from the date on so im guessing that was after you filed so that's why your petition wasn't expedited.

I hope you get your NOA2 soon...Good Luck

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sincerely,

James

USEM is very backed up. We had our interview on June 18 and it was crazy how many people are there for some kind of visa related issue. It is a very frustrating process. I think the interview appointment scheduling is far more stressful than the actual interview...

I suggest that you "automate" the monitoring the dashboard using something that can watch for changes, such as Check4Change in Firefox. We were very lucky to get notified of a slot that opened up within a few hours of monitoring.

K-1 Visa

**AOS**

09/03/2014 AOS packet (I-485, I-765, I-131) delivered to Chicago lockbox

09/08/2014 NOA1 received for AOS, EAD, AP

10/01/2014 Biometrics

11/04/2014 I-485: Status changed to Testing and Interview

11/12/2014 EAD & AP Approved, combo card in production

11/22/2014 EAD/AP Combo card received

02/04/2015 AOS Interview - approved! Card in production

02/12/2015 Card received!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.