Bandar

My Interview time

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi,

I won DV2015 and I just want to know the estimating of my interview time.

My case number AS 11*** is that high number?

Did I just answer you somewhere else?

Anyway the number is Ok. Interview in August next year. (unless you are from Nepal or maybe Iran - special countries vary from year to year).

Filed: Other Country: Yemen
Timeline

Did I just answer you somewhere else?

Anyway the number is Ok. Interview in August next year. (unless you are from Nepal or maybe Iran - special countries vary from year to year).

Thank you for your answer.
Could you please tell me what will happen after the interview? and How many months I will wait until I get the visa?

Thank you for your answer.

Could you please tell me what will happen after the interview? and How many months I will wait until I get the visa?

No one can tell you that for sure. Most people, if they are approved for a visa, get it within a week, but some people get put on "administrative processing" (AP) where they need to extra background checks and that can take anywhere from weeks to months.

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline
Thank you so much guys for your kindness.
Just one more question :) Is there any need to a sponsor in USA?

Maybe. If they think you will request welfare (become a public charge) they will refuse you.

Probably people will disagree with this but:

• Do you have money in the bank? $10,000 per adult. It isn't written anywhere, just the forum thinks this.
  • Do you have a useful degree from a recognised university?
  • Which country do you come from? Is it poor or troubled? Is your english ok?

If you want to be certain you'll get the visa, get a sponsor.

Maybe. If they think you will request welfare (become a public charge) they will refuse you.

Probably people will disagree with this but:

• Do you have money in the bank? $10,000 per adult. It isn't written anywhere, just the forum thinks this.
  • Do you have a useful degree from a recognised university?
  • Which country do you come from? Is it poor or troubled? Is your english ok?

If you want to be certain you'll get the visa, get a sponsor.

It is "written" ;) - it is based on the poverty guidelines. $10K is a bit low. It also doesn't go up linearly when you add family members - see:

http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/14poverty.cfm

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.