Karam and Jamie

This process..........

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

...and "immigration reform" means granting citizenship to people who came illegally.

That's why so many are massing on the border now. They're smart enough to come illegally whereas all of us are so dumb we try to follow the law.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yeah I know. It has two speeds: Slow and stop. But it works in the end. My fiance is here with me in New York. It took forever for us too. But forever got here. And it will get there for you too.

Thank you for your encouraging words! So happy for you :D

Get prepering your mind , just in case after the interview they put in administrative processing.

I dont know what is more frustating, if waiting for the interview date or wait in ap after your be approved at the interview

Relax and prepare your mind.

I know. Trying not to get my hopes too high! ughhhhh I am deathly afraid of AP being long

So funny! I was just thinking the same thing so I decided to logon to VJ and see what was going on with everybody else - and ran across your post - perfectly expressing what I was thinking!

HEHE! Glad I could post your thoughts :P I'll check out your timeline !

Timeline

I know easier said than done, but just try keep your mind on other things. I was away from my now husband for 6 months, and no matter how hard I tried there was just a constant ache. But we are now married, and been living together for 5 months and all of that waiting and being apart just seems like a distant nightmare. It's all worth it in the end :)

Some days I am ok, really. Other days feels like a day lasts a month lol I know it will be worth it in the end, it's just SO HARD NOWWWWWWWWWW!!! ahhhhhhhhhh lol!

Timeline

Actually, since we are on what is the worst :

Interviewed, AP 16 months, visa refused, starting over = years and years !

This is one thing I REFUSE to think about right now!!!! I am sorry you are going through this or went through it. If it happened then I would just have to start planning for another trip to Egypt and have that to look forward to. I can't imagine a nightmare happening right now. UGH!

...and "immigration reform" means granting citizenship to people who came illegally.

That's why so many are massing on the border now. They're smart enough to come illegally whereas all of us are so dumb we try to follow the law.

Thanks to OUR wonderful amazing president. :bonk: Sorry for those who like him. I DO NOT!

Timeline

Same here !....and I made the dumb mistake of getting back to Egypt before my interview (I was in Moscow when we started the process and was supposed to be interviewed there )and transferred our case from Moscow to Cairo...I awfully regret that now....we're starting to get so damn bored

Hmmmmmmmmm, I heard both places can take some time for an interview? I might be wrong. Tell me about it, I am SO SICK OF HAVING A RELATIONSHIP over the computer. Totally inactive and boringgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg. So ready to start our livessss together and do thingssss

Timeline

oh trust me ,we've almost broken a record...we're been in a distance relationship on and off for 8 years now hopelessly and I am sensing me getting back to Egypt will just make it worse now

Timeline

oh trust me ,we've almost broken a record...we're been in a distance relationship on and off for 8 years now hopelessly and I am sensing me getting back to Egypt will just make it worse now

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY 8 years????????????????????!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

By the way, you can cheer yourself up by looking at my timeline!

Awww, I just clicked on your timeline (because you told us to!) - you were hoping to get married in 2 months? Sorry you're not going to make it :( Have you got a plan b now? Was that a special date for you guys?

We're (hopefully!) getting married on 5th November which will be exactly 3 years since we met :)

Really hope you get your approval soon!

Timeline

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY 8 years????????????????????!!!!!!!!!

we met 8 years ago (in 2006) ,then it has been a long distance relationship on and off...we've been fully committed to each other for all that long while having no hope to ever get married because of so many reasons...then after our last meeting in Moscow last February ,we finally applied for our k1 visa...now I got back to Egypt and he's back in the USA waiting for the sloooooow process to go on and we're nowhere near being sure that it might eventually work out

Timeline

we met 8 years ago (in 2006) ,then it has been a long distance relationship on and off...we've been fully committed to each other for all that long while having no hope to ever get married because of so many reasons...then after our last meeting in Moscow last February ,we finally applied for our k1 visa...now I got back to Egypt and he's back in the USA waiting for the sloooooow process to go on and we're nowhere near being sure that it might eventually work out

Hmmmmm, not to sound rude but seems this may have been on some part your guys' fault? I know you probably don't want to be specific but I guess if it was about money I can understand. If two people really want to be together I think they can do anything to do that; just that the process takes a long time for some but definitely usually not 8 years lol Holy moly. I think you guys have a unique relationship/situation going on.

You said on and off and no hope to get married. Maybe religious or age differences. You are an Egyptian woman ?

Timeline

Hmmmmm, not to sound rude but seems this may have been on some part your guys' fault? I know you probably don't want to be specific but I guess if it was about money I can understand. If two people really want to be together I think they can do anything to do that; just that the process takes a long time for some but definitely usually not 8 years lol Holy moly. I think you guys have a unique relationship/situation going on.

You said on and off and no hope to get married. Maybe religious or age differences. You are an Egyptian woman ?

exactly...cultural issues for the most part...and yep ,I am an Egyptian woman but my story is more complicated than what you usually hear about

Timeline

exactly...cultural issues for the most part...and yep ,I am an Egyptian woman but my story is more complicated than what you usually hear about

Awwww I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just throw in my 2 cents? Who cares what anyone thinks, go for what you want and what you believe in :D I know it's hard when family doesn't agree! ugh

Actually, since we are on what is the worst :

Interviewed, AP 16 months, visa refused, starting over = years and years !

Omg, sorry to hear that, 16 on ap and after they refused you? Omg, they dont have heart.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Awww, I just clicked on your timeline (because you told us to!) - you were hoping to get married in 2 months? Sorry you're not going to make it :( Have you got a plan b now? Was that a special date for you guys?

We're (hopefully!) getting married on 5th November which will be exactly 3 years since we met :)

Really hope you get your approval soon!

Thanks for your kind words! But no, we weren't hoping to get married in two months (not sure where you got that from). I put marriage date of 8/23/2014 - hoping to be done with all this by August. That was just a guess on my part in December. But looks like we're not gonna make it by then.

I wish you the best at getting married on November 5th! What a great anniversary that will be! You almost have to hope things slow down a bit for you - or he might get here too soon for a November 5th wedding!

Edited by Jon York

event.png

event.png

event.png

I Am The Petitioner

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? WE WISH!

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-129F Sent : 12/07/2013

I-129F NOA1 : 12/16/2013

Alien Registration Number Changed: 12/24/2013

Wait... wait... wait... wait...

Asked Congressman to send service request to USCIS: 7/1/2014

USCIS received Congressman's inquiry: 7/3/2014

Notification via USCIS Website of NOA2 - Approved: 7/5/2014

NOA2: 6/25/2014 - We found out later it had been approved (but not posted) before congressional inquiry received.

Shipped to Embassy: 7/17/2014

Received by Embassy: 7/21/2014 - Status: READY

Packet 3.5: 7/24/2014

Packet 3.5 Sent: 8/7/2014 (We had delays because of civil unrest in Pakistan)

Embassy Receive: 8/21/2014 (Again delays due to civil unrest)

Receive Appointment Letter/Interview Date: 8/27/2014 (interview date in just 9 days)!

Medical Exam: 8/29/2014 (Yikes! The whole thing has now been postponed for 2 months for TB testing)

Interview Date: Originally 9/5/2014 - Now Postponed for at least two months

TB Test Results: 10/15/2014 - came back 18 days early! And she's negative!

Interview Rescheduled 10/17/2014: (embassy moving at lightning speed)!

New Interview Date: 10/29/2014 APPROVED!!!

CEAC Updates to AP: 11/13/2014

CEAC Updates to ISSUED!! 11/14/2014

Visa In-Hand: 11/24/2014

Arrival in USA: 11/27/2014 -- 11 MONTHS, 1 WEEK, 4 DAYS AFTER NOA1

MARRIED: 11/30/2014 !!!

[/center]

THE END!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.