lilly

Birth Certificate

5 posts in this topic

Hi again,

In regards to the I-129F

Can I submit a copy of my Birth Certifiicate? Or i have to send an original? Also would my fiance need to send his also?

What is a ADIT Picture? Are they different then the passport pictures?

I started filling out the forms the G-325A and Part of the I-129F....

Should I get a Immigration Lawyer? or can I do this on my own? If I get a lawyer does anyone know exactly how much they charge (estimate wise).

Thanks

Lillytiger

2009- Van and I met online

3/31/2010- We had a Nikah (Islamic Marriage)

5/27/2010- Van and I met in person and celebrated our Islamic marriage with family

01/2011- We spent the our first New Years together

12/2011- We're planning on Filing for the K-1 Visa

12/21/2011- Van mailed out the G-325, Fiance Letter out :-)

01/09/2012- Recieved Van's G-325 Form and letter to marry... :-)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Submit a copy of the birth certificate (front and back) and take the original with you to the Interview.

blackribbonsmall.png

Walk with the angels

let them keep you safe

we'll join you one day

in that wonderful place

stand on the clouds and never forget

we're holding on to you

in our memories and thoughts

until one day we'll meet again

Truly missed but never forgotten:

Diana

RIP 1982-08/2008

Verena

RIP 1983-03/2008

Daddy

RIP

"IMMIGRATION" PROCESS (TIMELINE):CLICK HERE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Photo requirements: click here

blackribbonsmall.png

Walk with the angels

let them keep you safe

we'll join you one day

in that wonderful place

stand on the clouds and never forget

we're holding on to you

in our memories and thoughts

until one day we'll meet again

Truly missed but never forgotten:

Diana

RIP 1982-08/2008

Verena

RIP 1983-03/2008

Daddy

RIP

"IMMIGRATION" PROCESS (TIMELINE):CLICK HERE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi again,

In regards to the I-129F

Can I submit a copy of my Birth Certifiicate? Or i have to send an original? Also would my fiance need to send his also?

What is a ADIT Picture? Are they different then the passport pictures?

I started filling out the forms the G-325A and Part of the I-129F....

Should I get a Immigration Lawyer? or can I do this on my own? If I get a lawyer does anyone know exactly how much they charge (estimate wise).

Thanks

The only original documents required to be submitted with the petition is the petition itself (I-129F), G-325a's (both USC and non USC) and Statement of Intent (both USC and non USC). The reason is due to the signature requirement. All other documents submitted as evidence can be copies.

Forget ADIT that is long been changed (but error exists in form instructions).

Most people here have navigated without legal assistance. It can be done if you are willing to spend the time educating yourself. Final decision however is yours and yours alone.

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The photos are basically passport photos. You need one of each of you with the application. You don't want to send originals of anything like a birth certificate or divorce decree. You will never see them again if you do. If you have no complications you are better off doing it yourself. If you do use a lawyer look for between $ 1000 and $ 2000. Look for it to add about 3-6 weeks to the time it takes to get the visa.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.