snikit15

Post NVC questions IR-1

3 posts in this topic

Hi all!

My interview is July 1st and I have a couple questions (already e-mail the embassy but heard they don't get back to people in a timely manner):

1) How soon after the interview would you book your flights. I wanted to fly out July 10th but I am afraid we wouldn't have our passport back by then...July 16th maybe? What do you think?

2) Is it possible to pick up the passport from the embassy instead of having it sent out?

Thanks everyone!

USCIS

August 16, 2013: NOA 1, February 25, 2014: NOA 2

NVC

April 4, 2014: Case number, IIN and BIN assigned

April 9, 2014: AOS bill paid and DS-261 filled out online

April 11, 2014: AOS bill showing paid

April 17, 2014: AOS package sent

April 24, 2014: IV bill paid

April 25, 2014: AOS Received

April 28, 2014: AOS Package 2 Received (mistake caught after sending first package)

April 29, 2014: IV Bills showing paid and DS-260 Completed Online

April 29, 2014: IV Supporting Documents Sent

May 2, 2014: IV Supporting Documents Received

May 15, 2014: Checklist for I-864 and tax transcripts even though they already have them...

May 16, 2014: AOS Package Accepted

May 19, 2014: IV False Checklist

May 27, 2014: Case Complete! :) :)

June 2, 2014: Called to see if my interview had been scheduled and now they are saying my case is still under review?? #######.

June 2, 2014: Called again and my case complete date has changed to today for some reason.

June 11, 2014: Interview Date/Appointment Letter Received

Consulate

June 19?, 2014: Embassy Received

June 17, 2014: Medical

July 1, 2014: Interview! Woot!

July 4, 2014 (Australia time): Visa in Hand!!

July 16, 2014: POE

Citizenship

August 31, 2017: N-400 filed

September 15, 2017: NOA date

October 12, 2017: Biometric screening

November 26, 2018: Interview 

I have same interview date as you and I was thinking of flying out the 12th but I don't want to bring myself stress so I'm flying out the 18th, well prepared though to possibly have the papers by the 9th of course, but I'd rather that than to be waiting by the mail box because I have a flight to catch!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.