KVE

Got my interview date for the K-1, what is faster home delivery or pickup on Courier?

10 posts in this topic

So I've got my visa interview date. Less than 2 weeks away for my K-1 visa.

What is the fastest way to get the passport/documents back? To pick up from the depot (if so where is it)? Or home delivery? Also how do they inform you that the package has been dispatched (via email or letter)? Any other information would be great. I searched around but couldn't find a way to search just this forum, instead of the whole website.

Nervous about the interview, hope I've got everything (which I should). Then gotta book those tickets in July (most expensive time of the year).

Luckily I will be out in time to be there for the birth of my son in late July/early August!

Previous Visa & EAD/AP Timeline

K-1 Visa Timeline

22 March 2014 - Sent I-129F

See timeline for data in between these dates.

24 June 2014 - Interview

25 June 2014 - CEAC Status: Administrative Processing

26 June 2014 - CEAC Status: Issued

01 July 2014 - Received Visa

POE & Marriage

03 July 2014 - POE (BWI airport)

14 July 2014 - Marriage

Advanced Parole (I131)Timeline
21 July 2014 - Sent off
23 July 2014 - Initial Review - Received
31 July 2014 - NOA1 Received
27 September 2014 - EAD Combo Card Received

Employment Authorisation (I765) Timeline
21 July 2014 - Sent off
30 July 2014 - NOA1 Received
20 September 2014 - Card in Production Update
22 September 2014 - Card in Production Update Again
25 September 2014 - Card Sent Update (Another update came later that day with USPS tracking code)
27 September 2014 - Card Received

Adjustment of Status (I-148) Timeline
21 July 2014 - Sent off
24 July 2014 - Acceptance - Fingerprint fee accepted and case processed at Nebraska Service Center
26 August 2014 - Biometrics Done
12 November 2014 - Notification of Potential Interview Waiver (NPIW) Received
26 March 2014 - Cleveland Field Office is requesting my file from NBC.
23 April 2014 - Green Card Ordered!

Avatar Photo by Henry Mühlpfordt / CC-BY

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

What is the fastest way to get the passport/documents back? To pick up from the depot (if so where is it)? Or home delivery? Also how do they inform you that the package has been dispatched (via email or letter)? Any other information would be great. I searched around but couldn't find a way to search just this forum, instead of the whole website.

Nervous about the interview, hope I've got everything (which I should). Then gotta book those tickets in July (most expensive time of the year).

Luckily I will be out in time to be there for the birth of my son in late July/early August!

There are 30 or so depots in the UK, if you are close to one then go with that as it's free. The details of their location are on the website when you register. http://london.usembassy.gov/mail.html The embassy sends you an email that includes a tracking number when they release the visa to the courier.

Edited by Hotter Otter

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I am also in this very same boat! I'm pretty surprised that a "courier service" we have to use doesn't even go to my home address! Sounds abit like a train to me. (unless I pay extra ofc).

I'm wondering if anyone knows how long it would take to get delivery to the 50-52 Chancery Lane location (a 40 min walk from the embassy itself) and instead wait maybe an extra night in London?

To pick up from the depot (if so where is it)?

!

There is a list of the depots posted in the London K1 guide. Last post http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/?p=6978899

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I know this has nothing to do with your question, seeing as I can't be of help because my fiancé has no choice but to do home delivery because of the depot locations. But I was wondering when you had your medical and sent in your notification of readiness form, just so I can get a slim idea of when my fiancé would hopefully get an interview letter? :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I know this has nothing to do with your question, seeing as I can't be of help because my fiancé has no choice but to do home delivery because of the depot locations. But I was wondering when you had your medical and sent in your notification of readiness form, just so I can get a slim idea of when my fiancé would hopefully get an interview letter? :)

I had my medical on the 2nd june (sent my readiness before then) My interview letter is dated the 9th june.

Edit: I got informed that my medical results would be at the embassy on the 5th June.

Edited by blupi

I had my medical on the 2nd june (sent my readiness before then) My interview letter is dated the 9th june.

Edit: I got informed that my medical results would be at the embassy on the 5th June.

I also had my medical on the 2nd June. My interview letter is also dated 9th June. I wonder if I saw you at the doctors, I got the earliest slot though. I think it was 8.50am.

It takes about a week from the medical to get the interview letter (from what I've seen). Although it is a bit disappointing that Visajourney timelines don't have a section for the medical...

Previous Visa & EAD/AP Timeline

K-1 Visa Timeline

22 March 2014 - Sent I-129F

See timeline for data in between these dates.

24 June 2014 - Interview

25 June 2014 - CEAC Status: Administrative Processing

26 June 2014 - CEAC Status: Issued

01 July 2014 - Received Visa

POE & Marriage

03 July 2014 - POE (BWI airport)

14 July 2014 - Marriage

Advanced Parole (I131)Timeline
21 July 2014 - Sent off
31 July 2014 - NOA1 Received
27 September 2014 - EAD Combo Card Received

Employment Authorisation (I765) Timeline
21 July 2014 - Sent off
20 September 2014 - Card in Production Update
22 September 2014 - Card in Production Update Again
25 September 2014 - Card Sent Update (Another update came later that day with USPS tracking code)
27 September 2014 - Card Received

Adjustment of Status (I-148) Timeline
21 July 2014 - Sent off
24 July 2014 - Acceptance - Fingerprint fee accepted and case processed at Nebraska Service Center
26 August 2014 - Biometrics Done
12 November 2014 - Notification of Potential Interview Waiver (NPIW) Received
26 March 2014 - Cleveland Field Office is requesting my file from NBC.
23 April 2014 - Green Card Ordered!

Avatar Photo by Henry Mühlpfordt / CC-BY

Timeline

I also had my medical on the 2nd June. My interview letter is also dated 9th June. I wonder if I saw you at the doctors, I got the earliest slot though. I think it was 8.50am.

It takes about a week from the medical to get the interview letter (from what I've seen). Although it is a bit disappointing that Visajourney timelines don't have a section for the medical...

Thank you both for the replies! So glad to see some London interviews being soon. My fiancé had his medical on June 4th and we sent everything in before then so hopefully he gets a letter soon. And yes it is dissapointing it can't be put into the timeline, I always like to see other UK timelines but it's more difficult to determine anything without the medical date included :/

Good luck on your interviews!

Edited by Stef & Andrew

Timeline

I am also in this very same boat! I'm pretty surprised that a "courier service" we have to use doesn't even go to my home address! Sounds abit like a train to me. (unless I pay extra ofc).

I'm wondering if anyone knows how long it would take to get delivery to the 50-52 Chancery Lane location (a 40 min walk from the embassy itself) and instead wait maybe an extra night in London?

You are not going to have the visa issued the night after your interview. Expect to wait around a week for visa to be ready for collection or home delivery.

I opted for collection since i'm just a couple of miles from the Central London depot and would rather grab it ASAP myself than wait around for delivery. And that day, my friends, is today. Very excited! Such a simple pleasure just to see that damn envelope!

Edited by PBJ

I surprised her with a proposal in Los Angeles, and this is how it went down!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

You are not going to have the visa issued the night after your interview. Expect to wait around a week for visa to be ready for collection or home delivery.

I opted for collection since i'm just a couple of miles from the Central London depot and would rather grab it ASAP myself than wait around for delivery. And that day, my friends, is today. Very excited! Such a simple pleasure just to see that damn envelope!

FAB!

we already paid a 30 dollar fee for it coming to our house, nearest depot is an hour away.. I wonder if we can get it from depot last min if we see it is not coming in time.

Click for full timeline

USCIS

2013-Aug-5th- NOA1 received

2014-Feb-3rd - Transferred to CSC

2014-Feb-12 - Approved! - 191 days.

NVC

2014-Feb-21 NVC received

2014-Mar-27 NVC case# received

2014-Mar-28 Received IIN#

2014-Mar-28 Received AOS and IV bills- pending payment

2014-March-31 AOS paid

2014-April 1st Sent AOS and civil docs package

2014-April-4th IV bill shows as Paid---- AOS and civil docs delivered

2014-April-8th DS-260 completed online

2014-April-8th AOS and civil docs in system and under review

2014-April-23rd Received checklist for certified court record

2014- May -9th checklist documents received

2014-May-28 - Case completed!! :)

2014- June 17th- Medical

2014 -July 2nd- Interview - APPROVED!

2014 July 3rd- CEAC website says ISSUED :goofy:

2014 July 10th- PASSPORT ARRIVED VIA ROYAL MAIL SPECIAL DELIVERY!!!! :goofy:

2014-July 13th- POE with no probs.. happy in sunny FL! :)

ROC

2016-May -9th receipt notice

2016-May -17th check came out of the bank

​2016- August- 11th Biometrics done

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.