aht30

Booking Visa Interview

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi All,

I am aware I am asking a simple question, but am afraid I have made a mistake.

I had my medical exam last Tuesday and so the information was with the US Consulate in London by Friday but I still haven't heard about booking the interview.

I thought I had to wait for a letter, but I now think I have missed something.

All the best,

Nina

Hi Nina,

I also had my medical last Tuesday and have yet to hear anything.

Have you checked the CEAC website for any updates? I sent an email to the embassy yesterday to see what's happening.

Getting very nervous now!

You dont book an interview, London will schedule it and let you know by letter. Might be a couple of weeks before you hear of an appt and that will probably be about 4 weeks ahead. Hopefully someone more current than me will give you n idea how long people are waiting at the moment.

Timeline

I thought you're supposed to wait for interview date and then do your medical?..

I am in the process of getting a K1 Visa which might have different requirements, we need a medical before booking the interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I thought you're supposed to wait for interview date and then do your medical?..

You can book your medical when you have your case number from NVC.

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Timeline

Hi All,

I am aware I am asking a simple question, but am afraid I have made a mistake.

I had my medical exam last Tuesday and so the information was with the US Consulate in London by Friday but I still haven't heard about booking the interview.

I thought I had to wait for a letter, but I now think I have missed something.

All the best,

Nina

Have you sent in the Notification of Readiness form and the DS-160? They won't assign an interview date until all of that and the medical results are in. And people say London takes a little bit longer to assign an interview date and receive the letter.

Timeline

Have you sent in the Notification of Readiness form and the DS-160? They won't assign an interview date until all of that and the medical results are in. And people say London takes a little bit longer to assign an interview date and receive the letter.

Yes to both, so now we wait

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to UK Regional Forum~

~At this stage of the visa process instructions/requirements are often embassy/consulate-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

I had my medical on the 9th April, and received my letter from the embassy with interview date on the 17th April, my interview was then on the 23rd May.

Once they have your DS-160, Notice of Readiness and Medical results it's just a matter of time before you get your interview date!! Good luck!

AOS

23-10-2014 : Submitted to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

29-10-2014 : NOA-1

21-11-2014 : Biometrics

31-12-2014 : EAD approved and card in production (approved in 69 days)

09-01-2015 : EAD card received

22-07-2015 : AOS interview

K1 Visa

06-01-2014 : Submitted I-129F to Dallas Lockbox via USPS

10-01-2014 : Received delivery confirmation

13-01-2014 : NOA-1

15-01-2014 : Alien registration number changed

14-02-2014 : NOA-2 (approved in 32 days)

21-02-2014 : NOA-2 (hardcopy)

27-02-2014 : NVC Received

03-03-2014 : NVC Left

07-03-2014 : Embassy Received

21-03-2014 : Packet 3 Received

27-03-2014 : Packet 3 Sent

09-04-2014 : Medical

17-04-2014 : Packet 4 Received

23-05-2014 : Interview - Approved

28-05-2014 : Ceac Status - AP

29-05-2014 : Ceac Status - Issued

03-06-2014 : Visa in hand

16-09-2014 : POE

27-09-2014 : Wedding (L)

My transition from Britain to Americahttps://abitofenglishblog.wordpress.com/

Likewise, I had to wait a couple of weeks after medical & notice of readiness until I received my interview date. From memory I think I submitted on March 25th and received the interview date on April 12th. I was then assigned an interview date of May 6th. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.