staceydinesh

How do you deal?

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

I agree!!! Why do they get to decide???? UGHHH! I feel just like you, it's SO hard!!! Some days I am too depressed to even get on Skype with my honey and then he gets hurt then I get frustrated ahhhhh! This whole thing SUCKS!!! But I won't be with ANYONE else. He is my soul mate. Really, NOTHING helps the time pass blah

I do the same thing :( and he literally spends the whole call trying to make me smile. I also agree with you, I finally found my soulmate, and if I cant be with him here, I will be with him somewheres. I just wish they would skip all this paperwork junk, go strait to interviews and background checks during that. Seems like they are just wasting time and money doing all this, that being our time and money. To them its just a job they do everyday, too us however they are playing God with our lives. Good luck to you, hope your with your love soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

“But our trip was different. It was a classic affirmation of everything right and true and decent in the national character. It was a gross, physical salute to the fantastic possibilities of life in this country-but only for those with true grit. And we were chock full of that.”

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

I feel your pain ? my husband and I talk everyday through skype we use whatsapp and text messaging to communicate throughout the day. We got approval from USCIS on Jan 2014, NVC received our case on Feb 2014 since then it's still there we sent everything the asked for and today I called again to check status they haven't even open my package :'(. It's so frustrating my last trip to see him was on Jan 2014 and i haven't seen him since just through Skype. God knows how much longer it'll take us, but we are trying to hang in there our love for each other helps us get by day by day. Praying it won't be much longer. :'(

I guess we were a bit old school, at least older. He didn't, and still does not, have a cellphone. We didn't have skype either. It wasn't until we got yanked out of the K1 processing queue at nvc, and dropped into the black hole of AP for nearly 2 months, that he went out and bought a webcam. I must say it was lovely to be able to talk 'in person' again.

We also had to contend with the time problem, I was a day plus 7 hours ahead, and worked 12 hour day and night shifts, so it was tricky to keep in touch.

He used to remind me that it could have been worse. It could have been a very long time ago, and we might have to be dealing with letters, sent by ship, which meant a reply would takes months. I stopped moaning after that one. :goofy:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I do the same thing :( and he literally spends the whole call trying to make me smile. I also agree with you, I finally found my soulmate, and if I cant be with him here, I will be with him somewheres. I just wish they would skip all this paperwork junk, go strait to interviews and background checks during that. Seems like they are just wasting time and money doing all this, that being our time and money. To them its just a job they do everyday, too us however they are playing God with our lives. Good luck to you, hope your with your love soon.

Yeah, they love the money I bet ugh. Thank you and I hope you get to be with your man soon too

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My fiancé and I have a set(ish) time that we Skype every night, it helps me to know that about this time he will be connecting and we can be with each other for the rest of the night. While we chat we both try to stay off of social networking sites or off of our phones and just make it really our time, which seems to help. We also spend every night with the webcam on (all you can see is darkness) but if he wants to talk to me in the middle of the night he can and vise versa, and then in the morning whomever wakes up first for work will wake up the other and we say goodbye and have a good day at that point. It does not satisfy my wishes to be with him and does not completely cure the pain that we both go through on a daily basis but it helps.

We also speak through Line and Viber using the data on our phones everyday. We send each other photos, goofy stickers and enjoy each other throughout the day. Because of these applications we never really leave each others side.

Another thing we make sure to do is have the lines of communication open, if I am having a really bad day that day and am having a difficult time dealing with us being apart I tell him. He has a way of speaking to me that calms me, he reminds me that we will be together again one day, tells me what that day will be like and now reminds me of how close (hopefully) that day is.

Ive found that if I am not working and he's not around on either Skype, Viber or Line, I need to find something to do to preoccupy me. I've started reading again, planning our wedding always makes me smile and happy, even talking to someone about him or about the experiences we've lived together makes me happy, or revisiting our photos and videos together.

Its a hard time, a really hard time. But its all worth it in the end and what makes you happy is worth waiting and fighting for. I am not a patient person either, but if I get it in my head how long its gong to take (I exaggerated it to he will be here in October we started our process in March) and don't count the days, they go by faster ;) … hang in there!

This was like reading the story of my life (even though we use what's ap :)).

Editing to add: I also need some wine at night to relax my nerves...!

Edited by Sugarized

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

This was like reading the story of my life (even though we use what's ap :)).

Editing to add: I also need some wine at night to relax my nerves...!

Isn't that funny? I think that the situation we all go through is so unique yet we all go through the same thing, its really interesting to see the similarities and what people come up with in order to be with their loved ones.

Oh yes! I forgot to mention that… totally agreed, got to have the wine! I tend to be biased but I usually go for the Chilean wine we drank while I was there with him.

(10.04.2014) AOS Package Sent

(10.08.2014) NOA-1 e-mail & text messages received
(10.14.2014) NOA-1 hard copy received in mail

(10.20.2014) Biometrics appointment notice received in mail

(10.29.2014) RFE received

(10.30.2014) Biometrics appointment

(11.03.2014) USCIS Local Office appointment

(11.13.2014) Sent RFE response

(12.19.2014) EAD/AP Approved, card being produced

(12.24.2014) EAD/AP Official approval notice received in mail

(12.29.2014) EAD/AP sent to address

(12.30.2014) EAD/AP received in the mail

(01.20.2015) Potential interview waiver notice received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.