beckysj80

K-1 visa for beneficiary in Laos

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

Ok...I am new to this webpage and may not make sense but so far I have not seen any post about the US embassy process in Vientaine Laos. I am preparing my I129 application for my fiancee in Laos. Does anyone know what the process is in Laos once they receive the approved package from NVC? Any experience? Difficult? Easy? what additional infor is the consular there seeking to have? any info would be appreciate. thanks.

it's hard to answer the difficult or easy or what additional info will be needed as every person will have a unique situation...

but this is what i did...I emailed the embassy a couple of weeks after recieving my NOA2 hardcopy (scanned NOA2 was attached to the email) and inquired the next steps for my fiance. The embassy replied back stating they already recieved my case, along with the case number, and that my fiance can go to the embassy and recieve further instructions. I forwarded that email to my fiance and she went to the embassy.

The link below was the list/instructions my fiance got. It is outdated (espcially the forms needed) but the majority of what is listed still applies.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/laos/19452/pdfs/Visa_Instruction_for_Fiance_e__Visa_Applicants-Eng.pdf

Since you have not even sent in your I-129F, first thing first, concentrate on the the I-129F before worrying about what needs to be done in Laos. It's good to be prepared but it won't matter if the I-129F is not approved.

(don't know why the font posted so small before???)

Edited by Jungle2013

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

Here's the link to the webpage at the US Embassy in Laos to help you prepare for when your I-129 is approved and shipped to Laos by the NVC: http://laos.usembassy.gov/fiance_2011.html

feel free to ask more questions always glad to help.

What other joy is there but being with the one you love

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from K-1 Process to Asia: East and Pacific regional - topic specific to Laos ~

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.