i have attened naturalisation interivew last week
the examiner told me they have to do a internal security clearance
what does it mean? any one can guide
i am kind of worries

thanks
mani

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

With internal they probably mean FBI check. This is usually done before the interview but maybe they didn't have time.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Explain you situacion where you live?

yes i live in a shared apartment

in San Fransisco, It is internal security check ! not clearance

With internal they probably mean FBI check. This is usually done before the interview but maybe they didn't have time.

it is internal security check.....!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Sir

i have not heard any response they put me in oath que it is 10 days over

those in my batch got oath letter. they not even in scheduled me it

san fransisco office. Will i get deported? can you advice?

manny

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

If you have not committed a felony, lied on an immigration document, entered the country illegally, or claimed to be a US Citizen then there should be no reason for you to worry about being deported.

Even if your application is denied, you will still be a permanent resident unless one of the conditions above applies.

But it is likely that there is just an administrative delay in your application. I honestly don't know what an internal security check is. Like the other replier said, I would have assumed that it was related to the FBI check, but you have said that it is something else. All I can say is that while it is not common, some people have waited months for a decision on their interview. You can find a couple of people who applied in April 2013 who waited for over a year.

I suggest you make an appointment, go in, and see if you can find out what is happening. They may tell you you have to wait for a certain amount of time first... I'm not sure if it is 90 days or 120 days. Someone else can confirm this maybe.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Why do you think you will be deported? Is there something off/unusual about your application?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

As far as i know, internal security check is part of Background Check.

Please see here..

http://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume12-PartB-Chapter3.html

Timeline

Thanks to all

i will keep you posted the out come

Ball is not in my court now ..

any way either or i am preparad

i have a great slum dog country in which i can be one among millions in the worst, i dont have a car or home just a hand bag ... with passport

m

Timeline

Why do you think you will be deported? Is there something off/unusual about your application?

i dont know, as said i will keep you posted

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.