cornmayeat

what happens after i submit the ds 260 form?

27 posts in this topic

Hi to all,

I filled out DS - 260 form on August, 25th.

Still didnt' get any e-mail from KCC.

I have some questions

1. when you receive e-mail from KCC, what is in the subject and sender ? I just want to be sure,that my spam filter do not make mess and problem, and put that mail, somehow, in junk folder

2. I see that you mention some web site where I can check out, about availability and to see the current status . Can you please give me the full address of that web site ?

3. I still didn't get any feedback from KCC. By now is 7 weeks as I sent my application. When can I expect to get confirmation mail is everything OK with my application, and about the date of scheduled interview in embassy ?

many thanks for help in addvance

You won't get any email telling you the application is ok... Your next communication will be your intervidw date. KCC are taking around 3 months to process applications at the moment it seems. You didn't mention your case number so if you are not current yet you will have to wait even longer.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

Hi,

I am a new member and it is the first time I have been selected for further processing for the dv2015.

I have filled the ds-260 form around early june and I am waiting for the 2nl.

I'd like to ask if there might be a problem with my case or a potential delay for my interview appointment,

for unlocking the ds260 form 3 times since I first submitted it, with the more recent one being around september.

My case no. is 2015EU00037***

From what I learned looking at previous bulletins for my regions, I should be excepting for an interview schedule, around summer of 2015.

So from what understand I have rather slim chances of making it in time before the lottery closes in september, right?

Hi Alex,

You won't get a 2NL until 6-8 weeks before your interview.

Yes your number is quite high so you will interview relatively late, but I think you will still be comfortably in time to get a visa before the fiscal year end.

Filed: Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline

1.How long does it take for interview date to be out

I submitted the DS 260 forms on the 29th july

my cn 2015AF000106XX

2. Am from Sierra Leone to be presice and I really wanna know if the current deadly epidemic (Ebola) have any detriment to cases of selectees from the three disturbing countries?

Timeline

Hi Alex,

You won't get a 2NL until 6-8 weeks before your interview.

Yes your number is quite high so you will interview relatively late, but I think you will still be comfortably in time to get a visa before the fiscal year end.

Thanks. I'm just a bit discouraged though cause from the previous year bulletins, the numbers stopped at around 30-35000.

And a last question please, in the ds-260 form, it states in the beginning that we shouldn’t insert any special characters of our native language that are non-latin,

only if we are asked to do so.

So, my surname which has a special character like ” ϊ “, is written ” i ” in english.

In the first field of the form Name Provided: I inserted my name in latin characters

Full name in native language: I inserted my name in greek with that special character letter.

Did I do it correct?

I hope I was clear enough.

post-195785-0-30440300-1414504517_thumb.jpg

Thanks. I'm just a bit discouraged though cause from the previous year bulletins, the numbers stopped at around 30-35000.

And a last question please, in the ds-260 form, it states in the beginning that we shouldnt insert any special characters of our native language that are non-latin,

only if we are asked to do so.

So, my surname which has a special character like ϊ , is written i in english.

In the first field of the form Name Provided: I inserted my name in latin characters

Full name in native language: I inserted my name in greek with that special character letter.

Did I do it correct?

I hope I was clear enough.

I'm not sure about the foreign characters, but I can't see it will be a major problem. It may mean a CO had to re-type something, but it won't be a reason for disqualification.

Re the case numbers - I think you have misunderstood the previous bulletins. When they have switched to "current", that means that all selectees are eligible for interview. You seem to have interpreted this as meaning case numbers did not change from the last published monthly cutoff? There was a cutoff at fiscal year end in DV2014 but it was well above your number - somewhere in 43xxx if I recall correctly.

1.How long does it take for interview date to be out

I submitted the DS 260 forms on the 29th july

my cn 2015AF000106XX

2. Am from Sierra Leone to be presice and I really wanna know if the current deadly epidemic (Ebola) have any detriment to cases of selectees from the three disturbing countries?

Hi, your number is current but it takes them a few months to process forms...there is a probably a good chance you will get your interview letter in the next batch (around mid-Nov for January interviews).

I think only the embassy in Freetown can answer your question about the effect of ebola on visa processes. It's a tragedy what is happening there - I hope that you and everyone you know stay safe and healthy.

Timeline

I'm not sure about the foreign characters, but I can't see it will be a major problem. It may mean a CO had to re-type something, but it won't be a reason for disqualification.

Re the case numbers - I think you have misunderstood the previous bulletins. When they have switched to "current", that means that all selectees are eligible for interview. You seem to have interpreted this as meaning case numbers did not change from the last published monthly cutoff? There was a cutoff at fiscal year end in DV2014 but it was well above your number - somewhere in 43xxx if I recall correctly.

Ah..thanks for explaining the cutoff number thing. Yeah, I didn't know that by "current" it meant that all selectees are eligible for interview.

Much appreciated.

Filed: Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline

Thanks for the briefing, I also want to know if it is compulsory to first visit the home of the sponsor signing the Affidavit of support as I my Affidavit of support will fill by my uncle in NY but I wanna visit a friend in VA upon arival before heading to NY?

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for the briefing, I also want to know if it is compulsory to first visit the home of the sponsor signing the Affidavit of support as I my Affidavit of support will fill by my uncle in NY but I wanna visit a friend in VA upon arival before heading to NY?

You're not required to visit or stay with the person signing your AOS, you're free to stay with anyone of your choosing in any State.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.