8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

Has anyone recently obtained police certificates from Venezuela? If so, did you use the internet? I have been trying to request certificates for my husband from http://www.mpprij.gob.ve/, and the site never seems to work. Sometimes later in the day I get a registration/login screen, but claiming that they only offer the service in the morning. In the morning it never displays that screen.

Any helpful tips would be appreciated. In the event that my husband has to travel to Caracas to request them in person (possible but not easy) any tips on that process would be appreciated as well.

My husband has a document that he requested from the local police department, and his friend who works there says that is the only document used at the national level, but I am assuming the certificación de antecedentes penales is something different, which will be required by the NVC?

Thanks for all the helpful answers in the past, both to me and to others trying to make their way through the confusing maze of U.S. immigration visas...

Hey i did, and yes i used the website...you can register in the afternoon,,,,then next day from 7am-11am you petition for it...5 days you pick it up.

Thanks so much for a prompt response-- Maybe I can have my husband do it all-- I wonder what people who live outside of the country have done?

Filed: Timeline

Well usually people who lives outside of the country contacts the Venezuelan embassy located with the U.S. Some sends their authorization letters to family members so they can do the paperwork for them. Some hire a company.

No problem! Glad i could help! :rolleyes:

Edited by Zach<3Katiuska

Well usually people who lives outside of the country contacts the Venezuelan embassy located with the U.S. Some sends their authorization letters to family members so they can do the paperwork for them. Some hire a company.

No problem! Glad i could help! :rolleyes:

Thank you again Zach<3Katiuska-- Do you mind if I ask for a bit more information? I was wondering what exactly you need to request online-- The website sometimes gives me the ayuda page, but only the first step, which says that you need to have documents in pdf form, but doesn't specify which documents... I am guessing that it would be necessary to scan a cedula, maybe a passport? Could I do that with the photocopies of his id that I have, or would I need to have him scan them and send them to me? He recently found work, and so is busier than I am right now, so I am trying to do as much as I can from the US-- but I am sure he could do that if necessary.

Thanks again! Good luck with your NOA2-- I remember waiting forever for ours.

Filed: Timeline

Thank you again Zach<3Katiuska-- Do you mind if I ask for a bit more information? I was wondering what exactly you need to request online-- The website sometimes gives me the ayuda page, but only the first step, which says that you need to have documents in pdf form, but doesn't specify which documents... I am guessing that it would be necessary to scan a cedula, maybe a passport? Could I do that with the photocopies of his id that I have, or would I need to have him scan them and send them to me? He recently found work, and so is busier than I am right now, so I am trying to do as much as I can from the US-- but I am sure he could do that if necessary.

Thanks again! Good luck with your NOA2-- I remember waiting forever for ours.

No problem! Well actually you don't need anything! Your fiance needs to just REGISTER online..even though the site is tricky because it doesn't work properly the majority of times...your fiance needs to keep going until it works! Then after registering..during morning time he will proceed to petition for it, He will need to print out the confirmation registration and after 5 business days he will need to go pick it up...

1) click : http://www.mpprij.gob.ve/

2)Then click : Servicios a la ciudania---> CERTIFICACIONES PARA TRAMITES INTERNACIONALES

3) Then probably an error page pops up stating if you want to continue with the link. Click to continue anyways!

4) Then scroll down and what is doing is having to register your computer.

5) Then a new page will load...SOLICITUD DE CERTIFICACIONES DE ANTECEDENTES PENALES PARA TRAMITES INTERNACIONALES.Las solicitudes se realizan en el horario comprendido de 7:00am a 12:00pm.

O Se han Cumplido los 150 tramites diarios,

6) You would have to click where it says REGISTRARSE( Register)...it'll start LOADING

7) He will fill it out and remember his E-mail and his Clave (Password/Key)

8) Then the next day..AM SHIFT (Try to sign-in Early)

Inicio de Sesión

Correo

Clave

¿Olvidaste tu Clave?

10) Then he will proceed from there. and Lastly print out his CONFIRMATION!

After 5 business days,,,he will then go and pick it up to the address:Dirección: Avenida Urdaneta, Edificio París, piso 5, . I had to go pick it up in the afternoon between 1-4pm (that's what it stated on my confirmation page)

Tell him to take his I.D with him and his confirmation page because they will be asking for it!

POLICE RECORDS/ANTECEDENTES PENALES EXPIRES WITHIN 3 MONTHS!!!

:) Thanks!! It is sad how others are getting approved before us...! :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi Dawning,

I believe your husband doesn't need the Venezuelan police certificate. I am Venezuelan doing the process through the Bogota Embassy. I went to this page http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/submit.html and looked for the Bogota additional requirements and explicitly states that Venezuelan police certificate is not needed. If you pull the requirements for Caracas, the police certificate is not even mention as part of additional documentation.

I went through the pain of trying to get the certificate on the website and it was a waste of time. Most of the time it doesn't work.

As far as the NVC process goes, I was getting also frustrated because my I-130 got approved on May 2nd and no case number was being generated. When I was calling, I was using the English speaker option. But on Thursday May 28th I tried the Spanish line and the waiting time was shorter. Also the agent was very pleasant and helpful. She gave me the case number right away and got both ours email addresses. I asked her if I could do now the AOS payment, but she said I needed to wait 10-20 business days to get an email from them. But I was surprised when yesterday we got the email from NVC with the AOS invoice bill and to complete Form DS-261. It seems things are moving faster.

I hope this helps a bit.

Hi Dawning,

I believe your husband doesn't need the Venezuelan police certificate. I am Venezuelan doing the process through the Bogota Embassy. I went to this page http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/submit.html and looked for the Bogota additional requirements and explicitly states that Venezuelan police certificate is not needed. If you pull the requirements for Caracas, the police certificate is not even mention as part of additional documentation.

I went through the pain of trying to get the certificate on the website and it was a waste of time. Most of the time it doesn't work.

As far as the NVC process goes, I was getting also frustrated because my I-130 got approved on May 2nd and no case number was being generated. When I was calling, I was using the English speaker option. But on Thursday May 28th I tried the Spanish line and the waiting time was shorter. Also the agent was very pleasant and helpful. She gave me the case number right away and got both ours email addresses. I asked her if I could do now the AOS payment, but she said I needed to wait 10-20 business days to get an email from them. But I was surprised when yesterday we got the email from NVC with the AOS invoice bill and to complete Form DS-261. It seems things are moving faster.

I hope this helps a bit.

Thanks for the input LGBT VENUSA-- I am surprised to hear that-- I was going off the information on visajourney relating to the NVC process. Might they need to be sent to NVC and not need to be brought to the embassy? I already have the marriage certificate, birth certificate et cetera... It's just that my husband got a police report from the state where he lives, and his friend who's in the police told him that there isn't anything else for use at a national level....I was going off Saylin's advice on general procedures and the country-specific information found here:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html

But that would be great if it's not necessary-- as you say, the website doesn't work very well, and my husband lives in Yaracuy, so while it's a big effort to go to Caracas to get them. Does anyone else out their know about this?

Thanks for the tip on the NVC-- maybe I will try the Spanish line next time-- my Spanish isn't perfect but it's pretty good. Good luck on a speedy process for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.