manale88

Great Delay in the arrival of the plastic green card.

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I need to ask for more clarification regarding this scenario. I am a US permanent resident and my 11-months-old son entered the US on a NA3 Visa and got his creation of record of permanent resident at the port of entry in Michigan.They told me he will receive his green card in a few weeks. However, it has been 4 months now and the green card hadn't arrived. After calling USCIS and inquiring about it, they said the GC has not been processed yet and that it in the local USCIS office in Michigan. What does this mean?!! Is it delayed only because they have a big log of Greencards to process? Or did I have to pay the 160$ fee??? The problem is that I couldn't pay online on the USCIS ELis system because my child only has an alien file number and not a receipt number or DOS number since I didn't apply for a petition for him...So I am thinking that maybe this is not required to pay in my case maybe ?? They hadn't sent me the Welcome note yet either.

Regards,

Manelle

• 1 year later...

Hi Manalee,

We are in the same situation with a new born abroad and landed in DFW. We got our NA3 creation of record and A# but did not recieve the green card. Appreciate your advice on how you managed the case.

Thanks

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

BTW, did you pay the $165 to USCIS Elis? If yes, you can track the case by logging there as well.

how can I track it by uscis elis?

BTW, did you pay the $165 to USCIS Elis? If yes, you can track the case by logging there as well.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

If you have IOE number then it can be tracked at uscis website under my case status. If you dont have case # starting with IOE you need to contact USCIS over phone or visiting nearest office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.