m&n

NVC Case#

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a NVC case # after having received a NOA2 for an approved I-130? My I-130 was approved on December 14th, 2006. Does it usually take about a month or more? I call everyday only to find out that "we have not record of your case."

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Timeline

Soory....meant "we have no record"

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a NVC case # after having received a NOA2 for an approved I-130? My I-130 was approved on December 14th, 2006. Does it usually take about a month or more? I call everyday only to find out that "we have not record of your case."

I-130

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The next step is NVC will assign you a case number and in about 1-2 weeks after assigning the case number, they will generate DS 3032 and AOS Fee Bill. Send those only after NVC will generate those above. You will get an NVC number to check on your case. They have an autumatic telphone service so you can check on it daily. They update it every Saturday and Tuesdays.

You can have your spouse email the Choice of Agent to NVC when it has been generated and u get your case number.

AOS Fee bill I sent with James Shortcuts and it worked also.

I hope this helps!!

Please fill in your time line it will help other VJ CR-1's thanks

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am having the same problem. Mine was approved on dec 19th. But I am yet to receive a case number. I keep getting the same message you are getting. i am dead worried. I have no clue what the matter could be. Anyone with an idea if the one month plus wait period before case number assignmen could be normal or rather weird. Help pls

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have seen others wait a month or more, although that doesn't seem to be the average. Also, they seemed to really slow down over the holidays so that may have something to do with it.

Hope you get it soon!

Sandy

Michael's I-130:

NOA1: 5-10-2006----updated w/ citizenship: 9-25-06----had to call back 10/25, touch 10/26

12/06/06 - Approved!- - - 12/08/06 - Touch---01/25/07 - Touch

I130 at NVC

12/14/06 - case number assigned

12/25/06 - DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed (phone system updated 12/27)

12/27/06 - emailed choice of agent; 12/29/06 - received email from NVC confirming choice of agent!

01/01/07 - NVC generated IV Fee Bill (postmarked 1/17 though!)

01/03/07 - returned AoS Fee Bill via Priority Mail (James' shortcut)

01/15/07 - NVC generated AOS package

01/22/07 - received IV Fee Bill - overnighted back to NVC same day

01/27/07 - recieved I864 package; 01/29/07 - overnighted I864 to NVC

01/29/07 - DS230 generated (phone system not updated, email response 2/5/07)

02/05/07 - mailed DS-230 to NVC via express mail

02/20/07 - CASE COMPLETE!!

04/18/07 - INTERVIEW!!!! - APPROVED!!!!

Michael's K-3:

09/28/06 - NOA1

1/25/07 - approved ...NOA2 via snail mail - 1/29/07

03/16/07 - chose not to return packet 3 to Montreal

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It took nearly a month for our case to be received at the NVC and entered into the system. It took 2 weeks from the time the recording said they had sent out the choice of agent form to reach my husband and nearly 3weeks for me to receive the Affidavit of Support bill.

Hope that sheds some light............Good Luck!

google.gif

Timeline

I just wanted to thank everyone who replied to my message....... it is comforting to know that my petition isn't the only one that hasn't been assigned a NVC case number in over 35 days. I was soooooooooooo unbelievably happy when my I130 was approved.... I called everyone & told them and I thought the worst was over........ but I'm right back at square one.......now I have wa to wait for my petition to reach the NVC....... I actually think it's worse than waiting for the I130 approval because I have NO IDEA where my papers are................. at least we could check on line to see the status of the I130 and we'd get excited when our case was updated or "touched"............ but there's no way to know where you petition is once it's approved .............WHERE ARE MY I130 PAPERS........... are they in the lovely office of the Vermont Service Center?.............. or are they in New Hampshire sitting on a dusty desk somewhere in a cubicle at the ever-so-efficient National Visa Center........... or perhaps my poor neglected I130 package is being shuffled about at one of the US postal offices............. who knows!!

Good luck to us all...........

It took nearly a month for our case to be received at the NVC and entered into the system. It took 2 weeks from the time the recording said they had sent out the choice of agent form to reach my husband and nearly 3weeks for me to receive the Affidavit of Support bill.

I-130

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I just wanted to thank everyone who replied to my message....... it is comforting to know that my petition isn't the only one that hasn't been assigned a NVC case number in over 35 days. I was soooooooooooo unbelievably happy when my I130 was approved.... I called everyone & told them and I thought the worst was over........ but I'm right back at square one.......now I have wa to wait for my petition to reach the NVC....... I actually think it's worse than waiting for the I130 approval because I have NO IDEA where my papers are................. at least we could check on line to see the status of the I130 and we'd get excited when our case was updated or "touched"............ but there's no way to know where you petition is once it's approved .............WHERE ARE MY I130 PAPERS........... are they in the lovely office of the Vermont Service Center?.............. or are they in New Hampshire sitting on a dusty desk somewhere in a cubicle at the ever-so-efficient National Visa Center........... or perhaps my poor neglected I130 package is being shuffled about at one of the US postal offices............. who knows!!

There is a thread in the K-1 section with someone from Vermont and apparently instead of forwarding the K-1 on to the NVC they mistakenly sent it to a storage facility. You may want to check into that just to be on the safe side since who knows how many others were sent there by mistake.

off topic, how long did it take vermont to approve the K-3?

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

It took Vermont about 94 days to approve the K-3

There is a thread in the K-1 section with someone from Vermont and apparently instead of forwarding the K-1 on to the NVC they mistakenly sent it to a storage facility. You may want to check into that just to be on the safe side since who knows how many others were sent there by mistake.

I-130

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

Timeline

A STORAGE FACILITY :o OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Could my life get any better.....

Are you serious.........is that legal.............are they allowed to make such mistakes.......... I mean this is precious time we're dealing with here............ there's no time for them to make mistakes with sending off petitions to storage places in God only knows where............

I-130

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.