janRay

Medical Exam with no appointment date yet

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I am just new here. Same with others, I am still waiting for any available appointment date. On the other hand, I would like to know if it's alright to have my medical exam at St.Lukes Extension without any Interview Appointment Date yet?

Thank you so much.

Hi JanRay,

Just to be sure I wrote St. Lukes and asked if I could take an advance medical exam. This is their reply:

Normally, appointment letter from the US Embassy or Instruction letter from the NVC with the date of interview is presented to us during the medical examination. However it is your discretion to have the medical examination without the appointment letter, for as long as you know your case number and visa preference category.

I think the results of the medical exam is valid for 6 months only :)

Angelbijoi, on 22 May 2014 - 03:28 AM, said:

Hi JanRay,

Just to be sure I wrote St. Lukes and asked if I could take an advance medical exam. This is their reply:

Normally, appointment letter from the US Embassy or Instruction letter from the NVC with the date of interview is presented to us during the medical examination. However it is your discretion to have the medical examination without the appointment letter, for as long as you know your case number and visa preference category.

I think the results of the medical exam is valid for 6 months only :)

The validity of your visa is based on the medical exam date and not the date you receive your visa. You may want to wait till you have a interview date. July dates should be opening up soon.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I am just new here. Same with others, I am still waiting for any available appointment date. On the other hand, I would like to know if it's alright to have my medical exam at St.Lukes Extension without any Interview Appointment Date yet?

Thank you so much.

You can. Did you get the letter from NVC with the MNL # on it? If not email NVC to request the case file number (even if you already have the number), info in my link. Use that email from NVC with the MNL# on it for SLEC.

Just remember the visa validity is tied to the date of the medical, not the issue date for the visa. Doing the medial too early could give you a very short time to get to the USA and clear POE, but as long as you are aware you should be fine.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

There have also been reports here on VJ where people have been admitted to their medical at St. Lukes using their USCIS petition-approval NOA and a verbal MNL case number.

Also, some people have reported that they were admitted into their medical using only a verbal MNL case number.

Last Year October, my husband took his medical at St Lukes even without the Interview Appt letter on hand (and we haven't really scheduled one yet at that time coz there were no slots.) Once I got the MNL case number thru phone, I emailed NVC to have them email me a copy of it showing the MNL case number.. then I just forwarded it to my husband, he printed it and showed it to SLEC.. along with his NOA2 copy.. had no problems.. follow hank_ link coz that's what I followed and it was great.. never had problems.. Luckily, the next week after his medicals, there were open slots and so we had his interview scheduled with no problems.. We got the earliest date we could find.. Although, you gotta remember, like what they said here, visa validity is tied with the date of ur medicals and not the date of visa issuance.. If you wanna take chances, that's up to you.. Depending on how ready you are and how complete your papers/requirements are.. Or you can wait for another week or two and keep checking for open slots.. sometimes, there maybe some cancellations too.. Don't worry, am sure there will be open slots pretty soon.. :)

Good Luck!

Edited by HunNee

K-1 Journey:

05/23/2013: I-129F packet mailed 05/29/2013: NOA1 (E-mail) 06/01/2013: NOA1 (Hardcopy) - - w/ typo error, my name's wrong 06/06/2013: Alien Registration Number Changed

08/07/2013: Case Transferred to my local USCIS office (E-mail)  08/12/2013: Case Received at Texas Service Center; Received NOA-T Hardcopy   09/05/2013: NOA2 (Email) - On our 9th Anniversary! Best Gift!

09/09/2013: NOA2 (Hardcopy) 09/10/2013: Case Shipped to DOS 09/19/2013: Case Shipped to Manila Embassy (Received MNL case number thru Phone 09/20/2013) 09/28/2013: NVC Letter Received (Petitioner)

10/24/2013: Fiance Medical Day 1 10/25/2013: Fiance Medical Day 2 (Passed) Yey! 11/09/2013: Approved I-129F Packet/Notification Letter from USEM Manila received by beneficiary

11/18/2013: Visa Interview - Approved! 11/21/2013: CEAC - "Issued" 11/26/2013: Visa picked up at 2GO MOA 12/02/2013: CFO done 12/27/2013: POE LAX

02/14/14: GOT MARRIED!

AOS Journey: EAD/AP Journey:

03/25/14: I-693 Vaccine Form Completed 04/15/14: AOS/EAD/AP packet mailed 04/21/14: NOA1 (Email) 04/25/14: NOA1 Hard Copy (Mail)

05/21/14: Biometrics done 06/26/14: Card Production 07/29/14: NPIWC letter received 07/02/14: Card Mailed w/ Tracking #

03/03/15: Inquiry sent (extended review) 07/07/14: EAD/AP Combo Card Received 04/03/15: 2nd inquiry 04/17/15: EAD/AP Renewal Request Sent

04/10/15: RFE for AOS received thru mail 04/20/15: EAD/AP NOA1 (Email) 06/20/15: Green Card approved 

ROC Journey:

06-12-17: I-751 Form/packet mailed  06-15-17: delivered to CSC 

06-19-17: Check was cashed  06-19-17: NOA1 received thru mail dated 06-15-17

07-18-17: Biometrics done

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

A potential advantage of an early medical is that it would give you a head start on dealing with the two-month-plus TB culture.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.