LiliBurd

Proof or relationship

15 posts in this topic

Hello,

We are about to start our I-129F package. We met online, and have been officially dating since August 2013. I was wondering if screenshots of facebook posts can be submitted for proof of relationship? I have my plane tickets, he will checking for his. We also have some pictures of both of us with his family, as well as booking confirmation for a cruise during Christmas time. Just wondering how much they actually need since we have seen each other many times in the last year.

Thank you

''No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse''

August 16 2013: Started dating

July 6 2014: Got engaged! (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sounds like you've got it covered. All I submitted were several boarding passes and hotel receipts, along with photos of us together (signed and dated by both of us on the back) and that part was never an issue for me.

21 Sep 2013 - Filed i-129F

27 Nov - NOA2 email received (63 days since NOA1)

30 Jan 2014 - NOA2 sent to NVC (64 agonizing days) P.S. Apparently VJ doesn't care about accurate timelines.

11 Feb - Got Case number

24 Feb - Packet 3 Received and Submitted

25 Feb - Packet 4 Received and Submitted

29 Apr - Medical (Dr Cheema)

01 May - Vancouver Consulate Interview - Approved!

06 May - Visa in hand!

06 June - Entered the USA!

14 June - Married!

Ok thanks, we have more than enough of that. I think I just want to make sure we have everything covered.

Edited by LiliBurd

''No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse''

Thanks but when you travel from Canada to the States they don't usually stamp your passport.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I know they don't when using a border crossing, but you mentioned plane tickets so there was a chance of getting the passports stamped when traveling by air. If neither of you have passport stamps from any of your visits, then just provide all the other documentation you mentioned.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

As I posted to another thread, I sent all of this and more. Got an RFE, for only proving I went to USA, not proof of meeting.

There is no reason to it, I wouldn't worry, if you get an RFE just send more stuff.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

As I posted to another thread, I sent all of this and more. Got an RFE, for only proving I went to USA, not proof of meeting.

There is no reason to it, I wouldn't worry, if you get an RFE just send more stuff.

No pictures? I sent visa stamps, boarding passes and pictures, and it flew just fine.

Just so everyone is clear, you do not need proof of a relationship at I129(f) time. You do however need that at interview time.

All you need at I129(f) time is proof that you met once in the last 2 years.

Just so everyone is clear, you do not need proof of a relationship at I129(f) time. You do however need that at interview time.

OH yeah that's true.

Anyways I just looked into a few things and in the last year we have over 726 hours talking on skype! I don't think proving we have an ongoing relationship will be an issue lol. And we have plenty of pictures and boarding passes to prove we have seen each other recently. Everything is looking good!

Thank you everyone :thumbs:

Timeline

No pictures? I sent visa stamps, boarding passes and pictures, and it flew just fine.

I sent photos, boarding passes, train tickets with both names on, receipts. Got an RFE.........

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I sent photos, boarding passes, train tickets with both names on, receipts. Got an RFE.........

Are you serious? I sent the same thing pictures with family and friends and boarding passes to the U.S. We have been dating for almost 4 years now. The first time we met was in NY and we have a picture in Time Square which is easily noticeable... I have recent pictures in Canada during Winter time but that's about it..

ugh... I don't understand how you can get a RFE...

*** I am the beneficiary ***

laB4m4.png

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2014-02-10

NOA1 : 2014-02-18

NOA2 USCIS Notification - Hardcopy : 2014-08-11 (174 days)

Case received by NVC: 2014-08-15

Case number assigned: 2014-08-27

Case left NVC to consulate: 2014-08-28

Received by consulate: 2014-09-08

Received Packet 3: 2014-09-12

Sent Packet 3: 2014-12-05

Received Packet 4: 2014-12-11

Medical: 2015-01-19

Interview Date: 2015-02-06 (APPROVED)

Timeline

Are you serious? I sent the same thing pictures with family and friends and boarding passes to the U.S. We have been dating for almost 4 years now. The first time we met was in NY and we have a picture in Time Square which is easily noticeable... I have recent pictures in Canada during Winter time but that's about it..

ugh... I don't understand how you can get a RFE...

I don't understand either......as some people have progressed by sending in less than I have. However if this is the only RFE we get I'll take it.........easier to prove that, than deal with other things.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Im curious...I sent boarding passes & passport stamps for me. Some photos, screenshots from checkins on Facebook, an engagement ring receipt with his card on my visit (I stayed at his flat in England) 3 photos, a photo of me wearing the engagement ring & a letter from his roommate stating I was there. We didn't go anywhere because money is tight & everything was paid in cash. Do you think I'll get an rfe? I just visited him again & I have more boarding passes & stamps & more photos of us this time (including ones with his family) in case I do get an rfe...

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

Im curious...I sent boarding passes & passport stamps for me. Some photos, screenshots from checkins on Facebook, an engagement ring receipt with his card on my visit (I stayed at his flat in England) 3 photos, a photo of me wearing the engagement ring & a letter from his roommate stating I was there. We didn't go anywhere because money is tight & everything was paid in cash. Do you think I'll get an rfe? I just visited him again & I have more boarding passes & stamps & more photos of us this time (including ones with his family) in case I do get an rfe...

From what I understand I believe you have enough. As stated earlier in this thread, they are only looking for proof that you have met in the last 2 years. Proof of bona fide relationship is for the interview... So I do not think you have too much to worry about.

Good luck and keep us posted! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.