Abdrehman

DV-2015 Winners - Asia - GULF States

25 posts in this topic

Hi

I have some questions about DVLottery and DS-260. I hope you will help me. first of fall i have a problem about my crime case.

i am from pakistan and before i was in middle east and at that time i did a cirme in middle east. i was sentence six month in prison and was deport. this case more then 15 year before. So my question is that is this case effect my DV case?

My next question is about DS-260 Questions. In form the question is

1 -Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject or a pardon, amnesty, or other similar action? Yes

2 -Have you ever been the subject of a removal or deportation hearing? Yes

If you answer yes to any of the following questions, please explain below

how i explain this questions

My case number is

2015**000*****

It might well affect the case. As for how you explain the questions...tell the truth, for the first one what the crime was and what the sentence was, and for the second that the deportation was for the crime.

I don't particularly want to know what the crime was, but it might be worth you calling the embassy to find out if it will make you ineligible for a visa. Certain crimes will not make you ineligible but others will. You don't want to go through all the hassle and expense of the process if they will deny you for this crime at the end of it.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

My friend just checked and she's been a successful candidate and now filling out her DS260. She saved it and tried to continue the next day.

1. All her previous school and employment data was totally wiped out when she logged in the next day. Has anyone else experienced this? How to overcome this?

2. How do you answer the question below:

- Do you seek to enter the United States for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but have not yet been certified by the Secretary of Labor?

I got my GC based on an F2B which later converted to an F2A. It took close to 10yrs during which I tried applying for the DV unsuccessfully. My GF who is a first time applicant got selected for DV2015! We're keeping our fingers crossed.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
ey hav

It might well affect the case. As for how you explain the questions...tell the truth, for the first one what the crime was and what the sentence was, and for the second that the deportation was for the crime.

I don't particularly want to know what the crime was, but it might be worth you calling the embassy to find out if it will make you ineligible for a visa. Certain crimes will not make you ineligible but others will. You don't want to go through all the hassle and expense of the process if they will deny you for this crime at the end of it.

The case was i was been forcel f*** and medical report they have. i born in middle east

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The case was i was been forcel f*** and medical report they have. i born in middle east

Hi

Actually i was F***** by a person in middle east and according to their law its a crime.

this was happen 15 years before. I was deport from middle east but not all middle east country only one of middle east country where i born and deport and i cannot enter in that arab country but the rest of arab country i can visit.

So tell me is this also crime in american law?

AH

Firstly, I'm sorry for your experience. Second, I'm not a lawyer and can't give advice, no being raped is definitely not a crime in the US but the fact that you have been convicted of something still requires explanation and I don't think anyone on the forum is well placed to say how this will affect your case. For example no-one here will know what the actual conviction stated it was for and how an American consular official will interpret that. As another poster said in a different thread though, get help on the English terms (from a Pakistani who is fluent in English so you can be sure the translation is accurate) because using profanities to describe things is probably not going to go down very well in an interview.

Filed: Timeline

Hello guys,

1) I have been selected for DV2015, (I born in united Arab emirates) my case number is AS000099XX, Is it high or low? and what are my chances of being called for the interview?

2) While filling the registration form I didn't write the middle name, I just put my first & last name, is this will affect my chances of getting green card.

Regards,

i filled most of it .. waiting for my wife to complete her from

about your doubts, you should have a friend or relative permanent address, anf if you dont, google it, you will find some instructions on how to find a permanent address, like i heared you can rent a P O BOX.

for the Vaccinations, answer No, and mention that you will take it prior to your interview.

Wish you All the Best .. Your case number will be probably in October .. Good Luck

hi , am from palestine

CN : 2015AS00008***

what about the Vaccinations i answered yes because i'll take it prior the interview , is that ok ?

Hi

I have some questions about DVLottery and DS-260. I hope you will help me. first of fall i have a problem about my crime case.

i am from pakistan and before i was in middle east and at that time i did a cirme in middle east. i was sentence six month in prison and was deport. this case more then 15 year before. So my question is that is this case effect my DV case?

My next question is about DS-260 Questions. In form the question is

1 -Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject or a pardon, amnesty, or other similar action? Yes

2 -Have you ever been the subject of a removal or deportation hearing? Yes

If you answer yes to any of the following questions, please explain below

how i explain this questions

My case number is

2015**000*****

How did you apply DV since Pakistan are excluded to qualify.

**Natives of the following Asia Region countries are not eligible for this year’s diversity program:
Bangladesh, China (mainland-born), India, Pakistan, South Korea, Philippines, and Vietnam. Hong Kong S.A.R. (Asia
region), Macau S.A.R. (Europe region), and Taiwan (Asia region) do qualify and are listed here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.