janmaria

I badly need your assistance

46 posts in this topic

That made me laugh.. I know that he sent it because he sent me the copy if the receipt. ;)

If you haven't yet, you can track it using the waybill or tracking number that you can see in the receipt, so you can know when it was actually delivered and confirmed received.

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Filed: P-3 Visa Country: Congo DR
Timeline

Hello there everyone,

This is Maria. I am kind a new here in VJ. I read and learned alot in this website. Here is my situation.

My Fiance lives in Arnold Maryland, USA. We've met 2 years ago in US and got engaged December of last year (2013). He filed the first part of K-1 Visa which is the I-129F last March 20, 2014. He sent it to Dallas,TX Office. We waited for few weeks and he did't received any notification or something up until this day May 16, 2014. He called USCIS several times, and they kept saying that the can see the name of my fiance in there system. I understand that as long as they received the I-129F they will notify/inform us, right? He (my fiance) constantly check his email and mail box everyday but seems like up to this day he didnt received anything.

I finally got the urged to send this because We really badly need your assistance. I am worried now. Next week it will be 2 months already that we havent heard anything yet. I know that most of you knows the process better.

We would really appreciate your assistance. I hope to hear from you soon guys.

Thank you and God Bless.

Maria, The Texas Service Center is the WORST service center they have...Your looking at probably August-October before they process your paperwork and another 2-3 months until you finally get your visa.. TSC is now working on 11/18/13 apps that were filed..that should give you an idea of your time frame..I hate telling people this,but, it will help in the long run so your not going ay to day and wondering why your papers haven't been processed...

Maria, The Texas Service Center is the WORST service center they have...Your looking at probably August-October before they process your paperwork and another 2-3 months until you finally get your visa.. TSC is now working on 11/18/13 apps that were filed..that should give you an idea of your time frame..I hate telling people this,but, it will help in the long run so your not going ay to day and wondering why your papers haven't been processed...

OP has no confirmation yet that her case is assigned to ANY service center. The USCIS Dallas TX lockbox is where all I-129f petitions are mailed to. This is different from the Texas Service Center.

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh my God! Thank you for that info but this really make me sad. Really sad. How about we will send it "AGAIN" to a diffent office?! Would that work? :) If that make sense..

Oh my God! Thank you for that info but this really make me sad. Really sad. How about we will send it "AGAIN" to a diffent office?! Would that work? :) If that make sense..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

If you are showing in the system you application was received. His failure to receive the NOA-1 (receipt) has no affect on your processing. Just sit back and wait....this is a long process with lots of waiting. Seems K-1s are moving fairly fast but it has only been two months since he filed. Give it another two or three months before you begin to worry.

DO NOT file another application. This will just confuse the system.

Timeline

OP has no confirmation yet that her case is assigned to ANY service center. The USCIS Dallas TX lockbox is where all I-129f petitions are mailed to. This is different from the Texas Service Center.

That made me breath. And that make sense though. So it doesnt mean that we will wait Aug-Oct before they will confirm right?

That made me breath. And that make sense though. So it doesnt mean that we will wait Aug-Oct before they will confirm right?

Technically, nobody can say. Recent timelines vary mainly because of the Haiyan expedites. It's estimated to be about 5 months from NOA1, could be earlier or longer. Just wait and make sure first that your file has been received. Have you checked the tracking number that you can see from the receipt?

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

N-400

Timeline

If you are showing in the system you application was received. His failure to receive the NOA-1 (receipt) has no affect on your processing. Just sit back and wait....this is a long process with lots of waiting. Seems K-1s are moving fairly fast but it has only been two months since he filed. Give it another two or three months before you begin to worry.

DO NOT file another application. This will just confuse the system.

Thanks alot Belinda63. Ill take note of that. Just a back up plan. But naah.. we are patiently waiting.. we're just worried if there is something wrong in our papers/documents that we sent.

Timeline

Technically, nobody can say. Recent timelines vary mainly because of the Haiyan expedites. It's estimated to be about 5 months from NOA1, could be earlier or longer. Just wait and make sure first that your file has been received. Have you checked the tracking number that you can see from the receipt?

I told my fiance about it already and he will check it today. This really helped me alot. I was very concerned. I heard it from my friends, it took them 3 months and she had everything i mean her visa. And my other friend took them 5 months only. So thats what i am looking at.

I told my fiance about it already and he will check it today. This really helped me alot. I was very concerned. I heard it from my friends, it took them 3 months and she had everything i mean her visa. And my other friend took them 5 months only. So thats what i am looking at.

You can check the tracking number yourself. What's the courier service used?

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

N-400

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Have your fiance call the USCIS service center back and talk to a Tier 2 officer. He needs to confirm with them that the case was received at the lockbox and routed to a service center, and if confirmed ask them to resend the NOA1 since you guys have obviously not received it. He needs to double-check with the tier 2 ISO that they have the correct address to send mail - a missing NOA1 does not have consequences but not receiving the NOA2 for a K1 would cause issues further down the road.

An alternate option would be to try making an e-request from the uscis website choosing the option "I have not received a document", however without a case # I don't know how that would work.

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
03/27/12: interview at Paris embassy - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

05/14/24: approved at interview, same-day oath ceremony in San Francisco 🥳 🇺🇸

Passport

06/10/24: application submitted at post office for passport book and card, paid for expedited processing and shipping

06/24/24: received email notification that passport was approved, then shipped with tracking number

06/25/24: passport received

Timeline

Hello there everyone,

This is Maria. I am kind a new here in VJ. I read and learned alot in this website. Here is my situation.

My Fiance lives in Arnold Maryland, USA. We've met 2 years ago in US and got engaged December of last year (2013). He filed the first part of K-1 Visa which is the I-129F last March 20, 2014. He sent it to Dallas,TX Office. We waited for few weeks and he did't received any notification or something up until this day May 16, 2014. He called USCIS several times, and they kept saying that the can see the name of my fiance in there system. I understand that as long as they received the I-129F they will notify/inform us, right? He (my fiance) constantly check his email and mail box everyday but seems like up to this day he didnt received anything.

I finally got the urged to send this because We really badly need your assistance. I am worried now. Next week it will be 2 months already that we havent heard anything yet. I know that most of you knows the process better.

Thank you and God Bless.

I don't want to make you feel bad, but this has really happened to me and my lover, too.. We filed in July 2013.. We waited for 7 months... No kidding.. 7 months for nothing.. We did not receive anything at all. No confirmation, no email.. The check was cashed, still no mail or anything..

So I asked my love to call them and do follow ups. They said, they have our packet and wait 2 weeks for an email. After 2 weeks, no email again. We called once again and they said the same information, still no email..

On March 25, we received a rejection notice, saying that our form was outdated.. Yes!! We filed our application and things were okay.. All forms were checked before submitting of course.

We received our packet to redo it and change the K1 visa form which we believed was not our fault at all. This makes us April 2014 filer.

It is okay to wait.. Just have patience.. They have your packet. They just dont look at it yet.

Timeline

And oh! One more thing.. Each case is different.

I strongly suggest not to compare yours to theirs.. It will make you upset, mad, and hate them. I was like you. I kept on checking til I become impatient.

Just think that after this process, you have lifetime to be with your love. :)

Timeline

Hello there everyone,

Thank you and God Bless.

Hello Maria, yes he should have received something by now. In our case, it took almost two month to get the NOA1 even though the letter was dated a month earlier. The government is slow, you know.

Like everybody is saying here, he should have sent the package at least with a confirmation delivery, but also track the check when was deposited.

Also, I signed up to get updates by email and text message. That is just for the NOA1, the NOA2 comes from NVC. Then you track it here because you will have a case number in Manila :

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

Edited by Him and Her

Filed: P-3 Visa Country: Congo DR
Timeline

I really do appreciate your responces. And I will inform my Fiance about his account, so that he can check it today and for some reason we havent discuss about the cash check.

And yes, he called USCIS Customer Service(he talked to real person) several times and the only thing that they are saying is that they can see the name of my Fiance in their system and we'll just for the response or something. But how come, he didnt received any confirmation yet?!.

don't ever bother to call the service center and talk to those Drones that answer the phones...They are entry level people and all they do is read off generic answers to you.,.You need to have your atty call and he can get past the Nit Wits that answer the phone and talk to a supervisor and actually get a REAL answer from them..well...most of the time anyway..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.