Beautifulday

Relationship evidence at the interview

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Do I really need to have a bunch of brand new evidence, and by that I mean evidence that we didn't send in with the i129.

Can I get denied if I present very little or no new evidence?

I'd like to know myself, We didn't send a lot with the I-129F, Just enough evidence, But we have extra photos and chat logs here, Just incase we get an RFE, So we can send these straight away and try and minimise any delay's etc, But if we don't get an RFE we will present these at the interview stage :)

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-09-09

(Sent to NVC: 2014-09-15)

NVC Received : 2014-09-22

NVC Left :2014-09-26

Medical : 2014-09-29

Consulate Received : 2014-09-29

Packet 3 Received : 2014-10-06

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2014-10-23

Interview Date : 2014-11-07

Interview Result : APPROVED!!

AP : 2014-11-12 (2 hours)

Issued: 2014- 11- 12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

For the cost of a printer cartridge (or two) it wouldn't do any harm to have some 'evidence' with you.

I'm taking the original flight tickets from my fiancee's visit to the UK last month, a couple of photo's printed off from that visit including one of us together at Stonehenge and a selection of emails spread over the time the application was in process.

Hopefully that should be fine. If they want more then there is plenty more if necessary and I am going to put the rest on a memory stick on my key ring just incase I need it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'd like to know myself, We didn't send a lot with the I-129F, Just enough evidence, But we have extra photos and chat logs here, Just incase we get an RFE, So we can send these straight away and try and minimise any delay's etc, But if we don't get an RFE we will present these at the interview stage :)

Yes, this. We'll have met up twice since submitting the I129F so I'll take more photos and a few more chat logs to the interview, just in case.

From all the interview experiences I've read from the London Embassy though, these are never asked for. I'm sure you'll be fine :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Do I really need to have a bunch of brand new evidence, and by that I mean evidence that we didn't send in with the i129.

Can I get denied if I present very little or no new evidence?

Depends on what you already submitted and how it can prove you have a legitimate relationship. Your word alone in not good enough.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

That's what I'm saying. So tired of providing evidence and I've only done it for the petition so far lol I provided 3 chat conversations from each month that we've talked, phone call records, letters we wrote to each other and sent in the mail and pictures. Passed through USCIS in 50 days just wonder about the Embassy now.

Typically, from what I have read here, they ask questions and proofs based from what you have submitted from the I-129f. If you have submitted a few evidences, they might ask for more. and if you have front-loaded it, they will ask you some specific questions about your meetings. But just the same, it doesn't hurt to be more prepared than not. If you have met after I-129f, might as well bring more recent pictures about 10-15, all the better if with family and friends; boarding passes, snapshots of texts, some emails, etc. Not necessarily a lot, but a good amount to prove you are both in a loving and genuine ongoing relationship.

Also, you might find it helpful to check-out the consulate reviews for your country: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/

All the best! :thumbs:

Edited by sweet cakes

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

it depends entirely on the Embassy you will interview at. The US Embassy in London does not require any further evidence. They don't ask for it, you can take it along but they won't ask to see it so save the some trees and just take they documentation they ask for.

Look at the reviews of the Embassy you're going through as sweet cakes advises, this will tell you what you're likely to experience.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I am currently here with my fiance and will be for several more days so well have so new pictures, I'll also save the boarding pass for my way back home, and I obviously have all the original documents from the i129, I guess a few chat logs. Should be fine I'd think. Thanks everyone

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I am currently here with my fiance and will be for several more days so well have so new pictures, I'll also save the boarding pass for my way back home, and I obviously have all the original documents from the i129, I guess a few chat logs. Should be fine I'd think. Thanks everyone

I've said it before and don't mind saying it again.......it's not about quantity, it's all about content or quality.

Photos together are great but are secondary since they can be altered. Summaries of chat logs or emails or phone calls do nothing on their own except to say you two email a lot, for example. They don't say anything to what you talk about. Most relationships follow a normal course of events. Your evidence, when all put together, should be able to prove to a total stranger, the Embassy CO in this case, that you have a real and legitimate relationship with the intention to marry and permanently reside in the US together.

So the evidences you submit should show snippets of the evolution of your relationship....the initial getting to know you phase, to the more serious let's meet in person, to the even more serious about intending to marry and follow the visa process to the planning of the move and the future lives together.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.