payxibka

The Kyiv Beat......

787 posts in this topic

You probably won't even cause any confusion if you refer to her as Natasha. There are a number of people, my wife included that had problems with names and spelling. We had to get my wife a new passport before she left because hers was due to expire. Her last name translated to English changed dramatically when the conversion was from Russian to Ukrainian on the new passport. There were two y's that changed to i's and her name changed from Elena to Olena. We were just starting the paperwork so it didn't hurt us, but you shouldn't have much of a problem. The visa is issued in her passport and that's the name she will need upon arrival.

Flying into Minneapolis should be fine. There are lots of POE's that people enter. Some are better than others, but all know what to do.

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My fiancee got a new passport in May (we filed in March). Viktoriya became Viktoriia and her last name changed too. I e-mailed and faxed the embassy with the changes. We were all worried about this at the interview and it turned out to be a non-issue.

4-30-2007 Met Vika online

8-11-2007 First trip to Ukraine

3-15-2008 Second trip to Ukraine ENGAGED!!

3-28-2008 Sent I129F to CSC

4-01-2008 NOA1

6-23-2008 3rd trip to Ukraine

7-31-2008 NOA2 !!!!!

8-12-2008 Called NVC; my petition is not in the system yet : (

8-14-2008 Called NVC; petition has arrived

8-18-2008 Petition leaves NVC

10-22-2008 Interview in Kyiv

10-22-2008 Interview PASSED!!

10-28-2008 Visa received

11-06-2008 Welcome to America Vika!!

12-06-2008 Marriage : )

01-09-2009 AOS package sent to Chicago lockbox

01-16-2009 NOA1

02-09-2009 Biometrics

04-08-2009 AOS Interview - Approved!!

04-18-2009 Green Card arrived

01-18-2011 Sent I-751

02-25-2011 Biometrics

03-23-2011 Approved!!

03-29-2011 10 year Green Card arrived

855vcc.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks much for the quick responses to my questions.

'payxibka' - I am assuming a 'Congratulations' is in order - my brilliant detective abilities deduces that Sveta is pregnant?

Jkmac - I see you are in Janesville - I have been through that town dozens of times. - My uncles lives outside of Chicago (St. Charles), so I head there quite often, and an old girl-friend of mine lived in Crystal Lake, IL, and so I always took the 14 shortcut via the Janesville exit - and always stopped for food and gas there.

Cheers..

Sean

K1

May 05, 2008 - Petition Sent to CSC

May 06, 2008 - Petition Received by CSC

May 09, 2008 - I received NOA1 in mail

Sep 17, 2008 - NOA2 approval via Email (4 months, 11 days)

Sep 24, 2008 - Petition arrived at NVC

Sep 29, 2008 - Letter from NVC stating they received Petition (3 more identical letters received on Sept 30, Oct 2 and Oct 3???)

Oct 06, 2008 - Petition finally forwarded from NVC to Embassy (2 stupid weeks at NVC!!!)

Oct 22, 2008 - Interview scheduled for November 7, 2008 (only 2 1/2 weeks out for interview !! - Sweet..)

Nov 07, 2008 - Interview - Approved!!! - no questions asked at all about relationship

Nov 14, 2008 - Visa Received

Nov 20, 2008 - I fly to Ukraine

Nov 23, 2008 - We both arrive in America via Minneapolos/St. Paul International Airport

- No Problem through customs/immigration

-we both got through quicker than when I was by myself, because we were the only ones

for this special line

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Is Detroit a POE?

Any airport that accepts direct foreign or international flights has arrival passenger processing facilities and capabilities.... So to answer your question, YES of course it is.....

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

• 3 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.