1,074 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Which one are you missing? Most of them you can get at your own doctor. CZ covers all shots up to 100% (DTP).

What does the medical mean anyway? Just some blood work, xray and check on your vaccs?

I think I'm missing the DTP. I'll look into it if I can get it from my own doctor before I fly over, that would be nice.

And since you're going to the same doctor I assume you'll go through it the same way I did.

You'll have to fill out some forms, one of which you bring to the xray place. Then the doctor calls you in, takes your blood and you have to answer a bunch of medical questions. Most are pretty basic (have you had cancer? chickenpox? an STD?). Then you take off your shirt, he will measure your blood pressure and listen to your heart and lungs.

You pay the lady (145 euros + any vaccinations) and you're sent off to the xray place. Which is about a 10-15 minute almost straight walk. I barely spent any time there, I walked in and I was the only one there. You go in, take your shirt off and stand infront of the xray machine for 5 seconds and you're done. You pay the 50 euros fee and you can go back home.

You can only pay in cash, I just brought 300 euros and deposited the left over money back when I was done just to make sure I'd have enough for everything.

Edited by Jhalil&Mandy

February 15th - sent package to Dallas. Took a long time to get to Dallas because of weather conditions and delays.

March 3rd - NOA1.

March 5th - Received alien registration number.

August 21st- NOA2.
September 8th - NVC received package and assigned case #
September 11th - Embassy received package.
September 16th - Received Packet 3.
September 17th - Sent packet 3 back.
September 23rd - Received packet 4.
October 14th - Medical.
October 21st - Interview. - Interview approved, visa granted!

November 1st - Moving to the U.S.

whew! Fiance finally got Packet 3 today! He would have had it yesterday, but was flooded in. He was determined to get it today, besides the fact that the main road was flooded at several points. He went across another way, forded several flooded creeks with his motorcycle, then made the rest of the 5 hour trip by bus. I'm just glad he made it. Interview is scheduled for November 11th. Sure wish it could be sooner!

Edited by belizedreams
event.png

event.png
3-18-2014 - Mailed I-129F
3-24-2014 - NOA1 (email)
9-2-2014 - NOA2 (email)
9-16-2014 - NVC Received
9-17-21014 - NVC Case #
9-19-2014 - Belize Embassy Received electronically
10-15-2014 - Notice that Packet 3 was ready.
10-17-2014 - Fiance picked up both Packet 3 and Packet 4
11-11-2014 - Interview!! **Embassy cancelled because they remembered it was Veteran's day :wacko:
11-18-2014 - Interview!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Well, Jean and I had our interview at the U.S. Consulate in Costa Rica today -- and we were approved! He gets to pick up his passport with the visa on Monday. Thank you so much to everyone on this forum for keeping us sane and helping us along in this process. Even if we didn't write much... we have been following everyone's progress and we wish the best for you all! Every day is one step closer to being next to the one you love.

Thanks again, everyone! Good luck!

"Depth over distance, every time, my dear,

and this tree of ours may grow tall in the woods,

but its the roots that will bind us here,

to the ground..." - Ben Howard

K-1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate: San Jose, Costa Rica

I-129F Sent: 3/17/14

I-129F NOA1: 3/24/14

I-129F NOA2: 8/28/14

NVC Sent: 9/4/14

NVC Received: 9/12/14

NVC Left: 9/18/14

Consulate Received: 9/29/14

Packet 3 Received: 10/6/14

Packet 3 Sent: N/A

Packet 4 Received: N/A

Interview Date: 10/16/14

Interview Result: Approved!!

Visa Received: 10/20/14

US Entry: 11/15/15

Marriage: 1/24/15

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Well, Jean and I had our interview at the U.S. Consulate in Costa Rica today -- and we were approved! He gets to pick up his passport with the visa on Monday. Thank you so much to everyone on this forum for keeping us sane and helping us along in this process. Even if we didn't write much... we have been following everyone's progress and we wish the best for you all! Every day is one step closer to being next to the one you love.

Congrats!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

whew! Fiance finally got Packet 3 today! He would have had it yesterday, but was flooded in. He was determined to get it today, besides the fact that the main road was flooded at several points. He went across another way, forded several flooded creeks with his motorcycle, then made the rest of the 5 hour trip by bus. I'm just glad he made it. Interview is scheduled for November 11th. Sure wish it could be sooner!

That man is determined :). Glad to hear things are moving along :dancing:

Congrats!! :dancing: Soooooo close....

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/04/2014 - NOA1 Notice Date / NOA1 Уведомление Дата

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/05/2014 - Check Cashed by TSC / Чек обналичены TSC

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

03/08/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy / Поступило NOA1 Печатная

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/14/2014 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy / Поступила NOA2 Жесткий диск

10/16/2014 - Case Shipped to NVC / Дело Отгружено NVC

10/23/2014 - Case Received by NVC / Дело Поступило NVC

10/24/2014 - Case Number Assigned by NVC / Номер дела, присвоенный NVC

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

11/24/2014 - Medical Exam / Медицинский экзамен

11/26/2014 - K-1 Interview (Approved!!) / K-1 Интервью (утвержденный!!)

event.png

Timeline

Well I guess Thursday is proving to be my lucky day of the week. I just received a text stating my case was shipped to NVC. This is exactly one week after NOA2. This is, at least, one shining spot I have seen with TSC over CSC over the months in that even with the lightning fast approvals, CSC still takes 3 to 4 weeks to ship them out. I will still take that over our long NOA2 waits however....

Post Decision Activity

On October 16, 2014, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

event.png

Yay!!!!! Congratulations!!!

event.png

event.png
3-18-2014 - Mailed I-129F
3-24-2014 - NOA1 (email)
9-2-2014 - NOA2 (email)
9-16-2014 - NVC Received
9-17-21014 - NVC Case #
9-19-2014 - Belize Embassy Received electronically
10-15-2014 - Notice that Packet 3 was ready.
10-17-2014 - Fiance picked up both Packet 3 and Packet 4
11-11-2014 - Interview!! **Embassy cancelled because they remembered it was Veteran's day :wacko:
11-18-2014 - Interview!!!

Timeline

I just realized, it will be up to 4 months before you are able to work. This sucks. I have a job interview in an hour (via Skype) and probably have to tell them I won't be able to work for another 4 months or (this includes all the waiting time and processing times).

Congrats everyone on the recent status updates!

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Timeline

I just realized, it will be up to 4 months before you are able to work. This sucks. I have a job interview in an hour (via Skype) and probably have to tell them I won't be able to work for another 4 months or (this includes all the waiting time and processing times).

Yeah, one thing that really bothers me about the U.S is their timelines for paperwork and official business. We're used here in the Netherlands to be told 1 to 2 weeks and usually get it exactly in that time frame.

In the U.S you get told 1 week to 6 months on various things and most of the time it's on the later end of the estimation. It's something we'll have to get used to, I guess. :(

February 15th - sent package to Dallas. Took a long time to get to Dallas because of weather conditions and delays.

March 3rd - NOA1.

August 21st- NOA2.
October 14th - Medical.

Timeline

Yeah, one thing that really bothers me about the U.S is their timelines for paperwork and official business. We're used here in the Netherlands to be told 1 to 2 weeks and usually get it exactly in that time frame.

In the U.S you get told 1 week to 6 months on various things and most of the time it's on the later end of the estimation. It's something we'll have to get used to, I guess. :(

Yes. Kind of annoying. Btw I forgot to ask what do I have to bring again? Passport photos, vacc book and money right? Of course passport but cannot leave the house without it lol.

Good luck this week also! Let me know how it went :-)

Timeline

Yes. Kind of annoying. Btw I forgot to ask what do I have to bring again? Passport photos, vacc book and money right? Of course passport but cannot leave the house without it lol.

Good luck this week also! Let me know how it went :-)

Yes, that's all you need. I brought the letter that had the instructions and interview date in it as well. Just keep in mind that the passport photos have to be U.S size. Which is 2 inches by 2 inches or 51MM by 51MM. So regular passport photos you get made at most Dutch photo shops won't be accepted. You need 4 in total, 2 for the medical and 2 for the interview.

March 3rd - NOA1.

August 21st- NOA2.
October 14th - Medical.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello everyone! I just wanted to tell my story. I already tolled you that we wrote a letter to the congressman so we thought it's gonna help. His secretary answered very quickly and asked us to fill the form with wich they can ask the Texas center about our case. The Texas center never answered her so she asked us if we wanna expedite the case. We said yes. So... Last Friday my fiancé called to the uscis and they said they r working on the March 4th cases!!! But we r from the 3rd!!!! So the girl (guess just call center operator) said that only now she can send a form with wich we will get the official answer what is going on via mail!!!! Idk what's going on. Just hope they didn't lose our documents ??

Timeline

Hello everyone! I just wanted to tell my story. I already tolled you that we wrote a letter to the congressman so we thought it's gonna help. His secretary answered very quickly and asked us to fill the form with wich they can ask the Texas center about our case. The Texas center never answered her so she asked us if we wanna expedite the case. We said yes. So... Last Friday my fiancé called to the uscis and they said they r working on the March 4th cases!!! But we r from the 3rd!!!! So the girl (guess just call center operator) said that only now she can send a form with wich we will get the official answer what is going on via mail!!!! Idk what's going on. Just hope they didn't lose our documents ??

I was March 4th and pretty much did the same thing as you. I engaged my congressman and they actually called and spoke with a liaison at TSC who found my case and placed it with an adjudicator. One week later, I opened a case with the ombudsman and then 2 days later I filed a service request online (I was able to when they changed the date to March 4). Two days after that I received my NOA2. I am not sure which method worked but all 3 seemed to play a role. Don't wait...get a case open with the ombudsman and file a service request. You are way beyond normal processing times and it is well past time for you to put pressure on them as much as possible. Udachi!!

Edited by Texasav8r

event.png

Timeline

T Minus ~15 hours till my interview. Nervousness. :clock:

Congratulations to those that received their NOA2's lately. Those still waiting, I hope you hear something soon!

March 3rd - NOA1.

August 21st- NOA2.
October 14th - Medical.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.