w0ndering

Where can I find details on the entire process

21 posts in this topic

I saw something with some written out but not with details.

for example. you file. and i dont even know what you file....

then you complete an I-129F. (do you do two or one for woman and child) you send this in. it requires $XXX. you are sent a notice they recieved it. then you get notice for xyz...

is there anything with ALL the details?

Paul

HERE: http://www.visajourney.com/content/guides

I saw something with some written out but not with details.

for example. you file. and i dont even know what you file....

then you complete an I-129F. (do you do two or one for woman and child) you send this in. it requires $XXX. you are sent a notice they recieved it. then you get notice for xyz...

is there anything with ALL the details?

Paul

HERE: http://www.visajourney.com/content/guides

If you do end up using a lawyer there is a very good chance that the proccess will take even longer than if you do it yourself.

I agree. Unfortunatley, sometimes we try to help others but they don't like the answers given to them. The guides are the place to go to get all the information needed to decide which visa is best for each couple. We all have different issues, circumstance and needs. My wife and I used the guides and it took 8 months from start to finish to complete the spouse visa process (CR-1) for us by following the guides on Visajourney. No attorney needed. Follow the step by step guides and you will be fine.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I don't see the cost(s) listed.

1. how do i file for her and her son? Do i need to file this form twice?

The other thing is how her country could be in some sort of limbo soon. She doesn't live in Crimea but many other parts of the country could be in the same situation as there. We dont know what this will do to the process. So for example if she lived in crimea would she file or do things in moscow now?

OK i see the cost is $340.00. And now I see on the I-129F the child gets listed on there. OK,... good grief. 1200 for this? I'll just use my sister and then brother-in-law and the spell check and let them find errors.

I really dont know though how it will work since she in UA and its quite .. screwed up.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I don't see the cost(s) listed.

1. how do i file for her and her son? Do i need to file this form twice?

What form? You list all children on the 129f and the g325a forms. You really need to read the guides, look at the example forms and read the sticky notes. This is not complicated but you are obviously hunting and pecking and not doing your complete homework. You can use a lawyer, but this is just the beginning of many forms with the USCIS and if you totally rely on others, you'll at least be spending tons of money to have them spoon feed you the request for info.

The other thing is how her country could be in some sort of limbo soon. She doesn't live in Crimea but many other parts of the country could be in the same situation as there. We dont know what this will do to the process.

Maybe so and maybe no. The Kiev Embassy is still open and working.

So for example if she lived in crimea would she file or do things in moscow now?

Yes, it's now Russia

OK i see the cost is $340.00. And now I see on the I-129F the child gets listed on there. OK,... good grief. 1200 for this?

1200 how? It's only 340.

I'll just use my sister and then brother-in-law and the spell check and let them find errors.

????

I really dont know though how it will work since she in UA and its quite .. screwed up.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

sorry. the lawyer wanted 1200 for I-129F. I said I will do it myself and ask my brother in law and my sister to look over each form for errors rather than using the lawyer for/as a spell check.

just wonder how it will be with the RU/UA situation. she is in another city. Crimea is just an example since its already part of RU. So if she was there would she go to moscow for her interview? (that would suck). only about 200 miles, but moscow is 550 miles away, different country etc. (would be foreign to her)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.