denispat

Supposedly wrong birth date!!! SOS!!!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My spouse's original birth date is different than what written in she's passport (mistake in passport registration office). When I first time filled my spouse's details in DV registration form, I don't remember which date I've specified there. I won!

1. Is there any way to retrieve details which being filled in registration form?

2. If she will change birth date in the passport according to she's birth certificate and get proof letter, is this suppose to disqualify my application or is there any way to fix it and provide REAL birth date in DV-260 or explain the situation to somebody?

This is extremely important to me and any help is appreciated.

My spouse's original birth date is different than what written in she's passport (mistake in passport registration office). When I first time filled my spouse's details in DV registration form, I don't remember which date I've specified there. I won!

1. Is there any way to retrieve details which being filled in registration form?

2. If she will change birth date in the passport according to she's birth certificate and get proof letter, is this suppose to disqualify my application or is there any way to fix it and provide REAL birth date in DV-260 or explain the situation to somebody?

She should get the passport rectified to match her birth certificate immediately, and she should not travel on that passport. Border agencies keep records and this record-keeping is becoming more and more sophisticated - and if they find a discrepancy for the same person on something like that she may have problems travelling anywhere. Why didn't she have it corrected as soon as she found out?

No, you can't retrieve the details from the entry but in any case it does not matter. Do not knowingly enter anything incorrect on the DS260. This will be classed as immigration fraud and earn you a lifetime ban from the US. Write the correct date of birth on the DS260, get a new passport with the correct date, and take the old one along (or if she has to hand it back to replace it, make a copy of the page with the biodata first) to show the consular officer in case you entered the incorrect one.

Now that that's sorted out.... how on earth can you not know your wife's birthday? :bonk:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Unfortunatly there is no way to retrive infos from your application, and if you try to phone kcc and inquire that !

They will probably red flag you and they won't cooperate on such a case.

And finally no matter what you put on the application you will still have to provide an accurate birth certficate for your spouse as well as police CC and all other documents that will show the authentic birth-day.

You will have to prove your case to the CO.

But since you included her on your application, I don't think he will think of usurpation of identity...he will propably take it as a typo...

Good luck

I'm not an official or an attorney!

Its all about a guess work...

I'm just a DVHOLIC :)

• 8 years later...
On 5/10/2014 at 8:51 PM, denispat said:

Hy denispat was your case solved? If yes please explain how did you do it? 

Hy denispat was your case solved? If yes please expain. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

old thread locked to further replies

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.