kcros

a few I-864 questions before I mail in AOS package

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I apologize if these questions have been asked millions of times before! I'd just feel better if someone could confirm if I did this correctly or not. I didn't make enough to sponsor my husband alone so my uncle is going to be joint sponsoring for me. Here's where I'm a bit unsure.

1. My uncle is filing a I-864 and his wife will be filling the I-864a out. When filling out the individual forms, on the parts that ask for previous years income from the 1040s which they filed married filing jointly, do they separate their incomes so it would show for example that my uncle made 31k on his I-864 and my aunt made 20k on hers totaling the 51k that is the figure on the transcript?

2. Due to health reasons, my uncle didn't work a full year in 2013. Their combined income for 2013 is about $200 short of the current poverty 125% amount needed. This current year, my uncle has already earned 30k and is on track to earn close to 65k. Considering that he will earn well over the amount needed to sponsor, will this current years income satisfy them or will the fact that he was a little short on last year's taxes be a issue?

Thanks in advance for the help!

AOS Journey
6/13/2014 AOS package sent
6/17/2014 package received at Chicago Lockbox
6/23/2014 Received text messages that all forms have been accepted. 1-485 is at Nebraska Service Center.
6/23/2014 Checks Cashed
6/28/2014 Hard copy NOA1s received in mail today!
6/30/2014 received letter for Biometrics appointment on July 17th
7/17/2014 went to biometrics appointment at Cranston, Rhode Island office. Only took ten minutes.6
7/22/2014 Received text and email that case is in Interviewing and Testing stage
7/28/2014 received interview date for 9/4/2014 (day 45)

8/28/2014 received email that EAD has been approved...Will have interview before EAD is mailed though LOL!

9/04/2014 AOS Interview in Boston. Approved!!!! (day 83)

9/6/2014 EAD delivered

9/11/2014 GC delivered

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You put their individual current incomes where it asks on their forms, and put the Total Income amount from their joint tax returns. The current income will be different, but since they filed jointly, the Total Income from tax returns would be the same on both forms. The I-864 and I-864A both ask for the Total Income amount, which is line 22 of the 1040 or just find the line on an IRS transcript that says Total Income.

They should provide letters from their employers and/or recent pay stubs to prove their current income amounts, and the current income being well above the income requirement needed should be what is most important, not the past income amount.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Thanks for answering so quickly! I had a feeling that's what it was supposed to be for the 1040 but started second guessing myself and totally got confused lol!

AOS Journey
6/13/2014 AOS package sent
6/17/2014 package received at Chicago Lockbox
6/23/2014 Received text messages that all forms have been accepted. 1-485 is at Nebraska Service Center.
6/23/2014 Checks Cashed
6/28/2014 Hard copy NOA1s received in mail today!
6/30/2014 received letter for Biometrics appointment on July 17th
7/17/2014 went to biometrics appointment at Cranston, Rhode Island office. Only took ten minutes.6
7/22/2014 Received text and email that case is in Interviewing and Testing stage
7/28/2014 received interview date for 9/4/2014 (day 45)

8/28/2014 received email that EAD has been approved...Will have interview before EAD is mailed though LOL!

9/04/2014 AOS Interview in Boston. Approved!!!! (day 83)

9/6/2014 EAD delivered

9/11/2014 GC delivered

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Please I have a Question, on Form N 400, My mum is a US Citizen, and I answered Yes and i have completed the space, but I do not know my Dad's immigration status, Please what do i do? can i check Yes or No? in the father's space or I should leave it blank. Please your advice is needed urgently.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.