vladek15425

Dv2015 high cn report here !

213 posts in this topic

Sussie as you said yesterday its all a guess according to previous years, and I concured with you!

Now one thing, I can't say to any one that he won't get an interview ! Don't wanna sound like raevsky :(

Yes but the person you answered may not have seen the other discussion. He may think you have info from somewhere and that he is 100% certain of interview in September ....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Yes but the person you answered may not have seen the other discussion. He may think you have info from somewhere and that he is 100% certain of interview in September ....

How do I put a signature ?

I'm not an official or an attorney!

Its all about a guess work...

I'm just a DVHOLIC :)

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline

hey i'm from asia i got selected for the dv 2015, my CN is 13,xxx, is it high? i lose sleep over my cn number coz my friend said basically if your cn number is above 10k for asia region then your chance of getting the visa is quite small, can you vouch for this ? thanks in advance

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

hey i'm from asia i got selected for the dv 2015, my CN is 13,xxx, is it high? i lose sleep over my cn number coz my friend said basically if your cn number is above 10k for asia region then your chance of getting the visa is quite small, can you vouch for this ? thanks in advance

wait 3 months, everything will become clear. :clock:

New software in action! :alien:

Timeline

wait 3 months, everything will become clear. :clock:

what's gonna happen ?

plus i have one more question...

so i applied for a dvlottery right on the first day it became available which was on october 1st,2013, and i checked the result on may 1st,2014 (last thursday) and i got selected, problem is, my daughter is now 20 and about to turn 21 on august 3rd, (her birth year is 1993) and i happenened to get a pretty high case number for my region (asia) 13,xxx

does this mean that should i pass the interview, my daughter won't be considered eligible to get a visa ? i've read something called "child status protection act" but i don't really understand all the legalese, can someone explain to me ?

i'm really worried now about my daughter not being eligible to get a visa :(

Timeline

what's gonna happen ?

so i applied for a dvlottery right on the first day it became available which was on october 1st,2013, and i checked the result on may 1st,2014 (last thursday) and i got selected, problem is, my daughter is now 20 and about to turn 21 on august 3rd, (her birth year is 1993) and i happenened to get a pretty high case number for my region (asia) 13,xxx

does this mean that should i pass the interview, my daughter won't be considered eligible to get a visa ? i've read something called "child status protection act" but i don't really understand all the legalese, can someone explain to me ?

Look after she turns 21, you have an extra 211 days according to the child protec act law.

But let's wait for britsimon to confirm this calculation ? He will pop out soon

Edited by vladek15425

Timeline

Look after she turns 21, you have an extra 211 days according to the child protec act law.

But let's wait for britsimon to confirm this calculation ? He will pop out soon

ouch, am i f**ked ?

august 3rd + 211 days (7 months) = march

that, plus my high CN number which means that i won't be called for an interview before march

oh god why...

Timeline

ouch, am i f**ked ?

august 3rd + 211 days (7 months) = march

that, plus my high CN number which means that i won't be called for an interview before march

oh god why...

That's the thing if you had a low CN she would make it :(

what's gonna happen ?

Yeah I think britsimon has the link or calcs somewhere but I believe that unfortunately she will age out before your interview. You would still be able to apply for her once you land under F2B visa but it would be a very long wait - around 7 years at present. Moreover that petition will only be valid as long as she stays single as only US citizens can petition for married children ... so 5 years to citizen then another around 11 years wait for F3 visa.

Timeline

Yeah I think britsimon has the link or calcs somewhere but I believe that unfortunately she will age out before your interview. You would still be able to apply for her once you land under F2B visa but it would be a very long wait - around 7 years at present. Moreover that petition will only be valid as long as she stays single as only US citizens can petition for married children ... so 5 years to citizen then another around 11 years wait for F3 visa.

can a lawyer help ? is there a light at the end of the tunnel ? like, i get my interview before march comes around, y'know, the past 2 years the cut-off numbers are running at a snail's speed, before then it went above 20k

so my only hope is to get my interview before march comes around ?

can a lawyer help ? is there a light at the end of the tunnel ? like, i get my interview before march comes around, y'know, the past 2 years the cut-off numbers are running at a snail's speed, before then it went above 20k

so my only hope is to get my interview before march comes around ?

The calculations you have been given above are correct. She will be considered age 21 until March, so you would need an interview date in March. A lawyer will simply charge you a lot of money to tell you the same thing, but feel free to check with one. As Susie described, there is a way to sponsor her later, but it will take a while. Once you are in the USA you could start that process, and a lawyer could help at that point - but again - it will then cost time AND money.

There is a nice description of the allowance for CSPA in this document. However, she will probably be 22 by the time you interview, so it won't help you. Sorry.

http://www.wolfsdorf.com/articles/DV_Article_2004-05.pdf

DV Lottery information - www.BritSimonSays.com

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys,

This is my first time applying to the DV lottery. My case number is AF84XXX. Its a pretty high number.

- Could I have an interview (I am from Tunisia) ? If yes I guess it would be around September 2015, right ?

- I was checking the visa bulletin of last years and I saw that generally in the months of August/September they put "Current". What does "Current" means ? Does it mean that everybody WILL be interviewed? Or its simply everybody MAY be interviewed ?

Thank you

Hi guys,

This is my first time applying to the DV lottery. My case number is AF84XXX. Its a pretty high number.

- Could I have an interview (I am from Tunisia) ? If yes I guess it would be around September 2015, right ?

- I was checking the visa bulletin of last years and I saw that generally in the months of August/September they put "Current". What does "Current" means ? Does it mean that everybody WILL be interviewed? Or its simply everybody MAY be interviewed ?

Thank you

Yes September 2015 is about right - and yes I think "may" be interviewed is the better way to put it. DV2014 will give us more info about that...

DV Lottery information - www.BritSimonSays.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.