cornmayeat

help regarding my invoice id number

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nepal
Timeline

haha yeah. its been only a day and it already feels like an eternity. but idk why they wwould want to conduct an interview... i had my schengen visa without any formal interview so i was wondering if there is a chance of rejecting my visa in the interview process if i say the wrong things or something.

haha yeah. its been only a day and it already feels like an eternity. but idk why they wwould want to conduct an interview... i had my schengen visa without any formal interview so i was wondering if there is a chance of rejecting my visa in the interview process if i say the wrong things or something.

There is a massive difference between a tourist visa and an immigrant visa, my friend. It is not so much 'saying the wrong things', but you are not guaranteed a visa - as all the information makes clear. You need to prove that you are eligible in terms of the education or work experience requirements, have no criminal record, and that you will not become a public charge, among other things. If there are any inconsistencies on your original entry that can also disqualify you eg wrong country of chargeability or you left off dependents. They will also do a background check on you.

Timeline

There is a massive difference between a tourist visa and an immigrant visa, my friend. It is not so much 'saying the wrong things', but you are not guaranteed a visa - as all the information makes clear. You need to prove that you are eligible in terms of the education or work experience requirements, have no criminal record, and that you will not become a public charge, among other things. If there are any inconsistencies on your original entry that can also disqualify you eg wrong country of chargeability or you left off dependents. They will also do a background check on you.

okay so umm... if i meet all those criterias you just mentioned then i am guaranteed a GC then? from my understanding, 50,000 people will be given GCs out of 125,000 people who have been randomly selected. so the rest 75,000 people whose GCs will be rejected will be based on those criterias? what if then lets say 90,000 people meet the criterias? or am i thinking a bit too much? :|

okay so umm... if i meet all those criterias you just mentioned then i am guaranteed a GC then? from my understanding, 50,000 people will be given GCs out of 125,000 people who have been randomly selected. so the rest 75,000 people whose GCs will be rejected will be based on those criterias? what if then lets say 90,000 people meet the criterias? or am i thinking a bit too much? :|

A lot of people don't bother to send back forms after they have been selected, for various reasons including not checking to see if they've won, realizing they don't meet the minimum requirements or have otherwise disqualified themselves, changing their mind about wanting to move, or be put off when they realise the process of obtaining that visa is actually quite expensive, especially if you have a family. Others are rejected at interview, or are put into administrative processing and never make it out, sometimes because they haven't bothered to submit a missing document.

Once they have issued 50000 visas, actually it's 55000, they close the program for the year. They don't rank people on any factor other than case number. So if your case number is low enough to get an interview, and you meet all the requirements and all your paperwork is in order, yes you will get a visa. This has to be the easiest way in the world to get an immigrant visa.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

A lot of people don't bother to send back forms after they have been selected, for various reasons including not checking to see if they've won, realizing they don't meet the minimum requirements or have otherwise disqualified themselves, changing their mind about wanting to move, or be put off when they realise the process of obtaining that visa is actually quite expensive, especially if you have a family. Others are rejected at interview, or are put into administrative processing and never make it out, sometimes because they haven't bothered to submit a missing document.

Once they have issued 50000 visas, actually it's 55000, they close the program for the year. They don't rank people on any factor other than case number. So if your case number is low enough to get an interview, and you meet all the requirements and all your paperwork is in order, yes you will get a visa. This has to be the easiest way in the world to get an immigrant visa.

Sussie : that's why we need sloner in here to elaborate on his axiom ;) lolol and of course my famous second-holes theory ;) lol

I'm not an official or an attorney!

Its all about a guess work...

I'm just a DVHOLIC :)

Sussie : that's why we need sloner in here to elaborate on his axiom ;) lolol and of course my famous second-holes theory ;) lol

Noooooo Vladdy holes has got nothing to do with this... This is just number of selectees vs number of people getting visas...don't get sidetracked

Also Sloner had a theory not an axiom. An axiom is a self evident truth, that was most definitely not what Sloner had...

Timeline

hey guys,

i was reading the required documents section and came across the medical exam one. it says i need to have vaccinations for MMR,DT/DPT, IPV, OPV, Hepatitis B, Meningococcal,Hepatitis A,Haemophilus influenzae type b, Pneumococcal for children (PCV)* Pneumococcal for adults (PPSV) Varicella, Influenza. And i dont know if i have any of them. Does this mean the medical examiner will make me take all of them? and how long does it take to get vaccination for all of this combined if required? I want to have the results before my interview date. :)

hey guys,

i was reading the required documents section and came across the medical exam one. it says i need to have vaccinations for MMR,DT/DPT, IPV, OPV, Hepatitis B, Meningococcal,Hepatitis A,Haemophilus influenzae type b, Pneumococcal for children (PCV)* Pneumococcal for adults (PPSV) Varicella, Influenza. And i dont know if i have any of them. Does this mean the medical examiner will make me take all of them? and how long does it take to get vaccination for all of this combined if required? I want to have the results before my interview date. :)

The panel doctor will give you whatever needs to be given, during the medical. The normal way of doing it is to schedule the medical so you have the report ready to take with to the embassy (some doctors courier directly to the embassies themselves), and the panel doctor will advise you of the correct date to schedule your medicals for, with this in mind. If you don't have the medical report at the interview you won't get a visa and (if everything else is acceptable) will be placed on AP until you can submit the results.

Timeline

The panel doctor will give you whatever needs to be given, during the medical. The normal way of doing it is to schedule the medical so you have the report ready to take with to the embassy (some doctors courier directly to the embassies themselves), and the panel doctor will advise you of the correct date to schedule your medicals for, with this in mind. If you don't have the medical report at the interview you won't get a visa and (if everything else is acceptable) will be placed on AP until you can submit the results.

oh... okay. and i've learned that the report works for a year only so maybe i can schedule an appointment a month before the interview. And i have been reading the quotations for some of the vaccinations and theyre so friggin expensive. no wonder people decide not to proceed further because of the documents expenditure... but small price to pay i guess. by the way, could i get my vaccinations from other medical centers and then give the medical examiners the reports? i know getting vaccinations from some other private clinics can be much cheaper.

oh... okay. and i've learned that the report works for a year only so maybe i can schedule an appointment a month before the interview. And i have been reading the quotations for some of the vaccinations and theyre so friggin expensive. no wonder people decide not to proceed further because of the documents expenditure... but small price to pay i guess. by the way, could i get my vaccinations from other medical centers and then give the medical examiners the reports? i know getting vaccinations from some other private clinics can be much cheaper.

OK dude, slow down, take a deep breath :) and relax. The medicals are valid for different periods of time in different countries and will affect the expiry date of your visa if they are not done close to the interview. In every country that I am aware of, you cannot schedule your medicals until you have your 2nd notification letter (2NL) - the letter (on the website) that tells you when your interview will be.

I suppose you could get the vaccinations elsewhere but there is also the chance you then end up paying for vaccinations you don't actually need because (1) the panel doctor should check for what you have had and then only give you the ones you need (you say you are not sure if you have had or not so you may have) and (2) it is not actually the case that every single person needs every single vaccination and the doctor will waiver the ones you don't need. Also check very carefully your own country as I know where I am - it is even city dependent - the one panel doctor is more expensive than others for vaccinations in his city but the other one is the same. In any case we just found it easier and more comforting to have the panel doctor do everything then we know it is all smooth sailing.

hehe im sorry. i just get excited quite easily. dont even feel like doing my thesis or my part time job anymore.

:) I think lots of people can sympathise. Keep your eyes on the prize... Get your degree and keep saving from your job, will need it all for the US! :yes:

Timeline

hey guys, sorry to revive an old post but something is bugging me. the medical report thing...

from my understanding, you can only book an appointment with the panel doctor after you give them your interiview appointment/case number. since i have no vaccination records (and i know for a fact i havent had any shots/vaccines) then wont the doctors send the report to the embassy saying something like ... "dude's has had no vaccines... its a no go... reject the sucker's visa.. or something similar?). As susieqqq mentioned, they might give me the required vaccines on the spot but i heard the hepatitis vaccines may take 2 3 months to complete the course... but by then the panel doctor would have sent the reports already right? so would it be wise to take some required vaccines from other clinics and be prepared with the reports when i go to the panel doctor?

Thanks in advance :)

hey guys, sorry to revive an old post but something is bugging me. the medical report thing...

from my understanding, you can only book an appointment with the panel doctor after you give them your interiview appointment/case number. since i have no vaccination records (and i know for a fact i havent had any shots/vaccines) then wont the doctors send the report to the embassy saying something like ... "dude's has had no vaccines... its a no go... reject the sucker's visa.. or something similar?). As susieqqq mentioned, they might give me the required vaccines on the spot but i heard the hepatitis vaccines may take 2 3 months to complete the course... but by then the panel doctor would have sent the reports already right? so would it be wise to take some required vaccines from other clinics and be prepared with the reports when i go to the panel doctor?

Thanks in advance :)

? I have no clue about the hepatitis vaccines taking so long and I haven't heard anyone else mention anything about such lengthy procedures except when they were actually being treated for something (e.g. TB). If you have had no vaccines at all, ever, then the doctor will give you all the ones you require. If for some reason there is a delay in completing until after your interview they will put you on AP pending receipt of the final medical report.

Before you go off and get vaccinations you may or may not need, I'd suggest calling the panel doctor first, tell them you are worried as you have heard the above about hepatitis vaccines, and see what they say.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.