cornmayeat

help regarding my invoice id number

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hey everybody,

how is it going? I just checked my status and i found out that i have been selected for further processing so wanted to see what the next procedures were and such. Then i came to a page that said i would have to enter "my invoice id number" to get to the DS-260 Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application part... I know i have to wait till 19th of May but im a little worried since i cant find it anywhere. its not in my email. not in the confirmation letter, not in the selection letter, nothing. So where do i get the number from? Any help would be great. And by the way, will i be recieving anything in my mail/post or email from the us government any time soon?

The dvselectee page says you need to enter your case number - so for you that will be the number starting with 2015ASxxxxxx.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/if-you-are-selected/submit-your-ds-260-online-application.html

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline

The dvselectee page says you need to enter your case number - so for you that will be the number starting with 2015ASxxxxxx.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/if-you-are-selected/submit-your-ds-260-online-application.html

Hey,

Yes i have my case number but it requires me to enter my "invoice id number" in a different field too and im trying to find that :(

No clue, however if they say DV selectees should only fill in after 19 May there is presumably a reason so maybe wait, might be something to do with this.

I see they also say (never used to be the case with the paper forms) that KCC will contact you if forms not correctly filled out so even if it looks the same after 19 May I would just fill it in, leave out the mysterious invoice number and send it off.

Timeline

No clue, however if they say DV selectees should only fill in after 19 May there is presumably a reason so maybe wait, might be something to do with this.

I see they also say (never used to be the case with the paper forms) that KCC will contact you if forms not correctly filled out so even if it looks the same after 19 May I would just fill it in, leave out the mysterious invoice number and send it off.

cool. thanks.

I have furthermore question. you see im from Nepal and i am currently in Sweden to do a master's course and will be done in two months if everything goes smoothly (might have to stay 3-4 months more if i cant complete my thesis). so i filled up the dv form accordingly so the website says :

Preference Category: DV DIVERSITY Foreign State Chargeability: NEPAL Post:

STOCKHOLM

So will i still be able to do the rest of the processing like interviews and such from Nepal if i return in a month? or do i have to stay in Sweden to complete the process?

What is your case number? Don't give us exact, xxx the last 3 digits eg if you are 7654 tell us AS7xxx. This can help us (vaguely with disclaimers) try estimate your interview date- although I hope britsimon will help there. It's a bit of a mission to change interview locations - maybe less so now that everything is online rather than a physical file - but will be best to tell them a best guess for your location at the time. There have been cases in the past of people trying to change location but then getting notification for interviews for where they stated originally... Bear in mind that your medicals have to be done in the same country you do your interview and that can mean, depending on country, that if you are traveling elsewhere for the interview you may need to be able to spend another week or two there aside from the interview itself.

The invoice ID number is there because the DS-260 is usually filled out after you have paid a processing fee. I'm not sure how they will handle that yet, but I'm sure the instructions will be updated when DV cases are acceptable in the DS-260 form (May 19).

Just a word to the OP. This is a LONG and stressful process that is a test of patience as much as anything else. You will need to learn to not fret and worry yourself about things like trying to fill in a form 17 days before the earliest you can fill it out! RELAX!

Your case number determines when you get processed and although the DS-260 process is new this year - previous applicants (like Susie and myself) will tell you that you hear almost nothing until it is your turn to be processed, which is between October 1 this year to September 30 2016!! Soooo..... relax... calming thoughts....

About the location, your number is good, but you probably won't be in the first interviews - so November or December perhaps. So yes - you will just change your post to Nepal when you submit the forms. You can also change that at a later date if need (WELL BEFORE the appointments are scheduled) by contacting KCC - which you will be able to do by email. They may expect a resubmission of the 260 form, not sure yet how that will work.

Congratulations by the way!

DV Lottery information - www.BritSimonSays.com

Timeline

thanks britismon and susieqqq

im really excited. i know i didnt really know it was going to be that long... 2016? really? damn... anyways, i would like to continue this thread and hope you guys can help me out with this... i will keep updating every step until the day i enter USA (considering everything works out with the process.... hopefully).

cheers :)

You will get absolutely nothing, most likely, until about 6 weeks before your interview when you get an email telling you the esc page (same one you just checked - and you need same confirmation number) has been updated, and it will have your interview date etc on.

I do see they say that KCC may contact you if your form is incomplete though. That's new - and I guess linked to the forms all being online now.

Simon made a typo, he meant from Oct this year to Sept 2015. But still it's a long time to wait....

okay thats a relief. i havent recieved a single email or letter from them yet so should i expect in my email or post/mail?

Oops - sorry - it is a long time, but didn't mean to scare you. Oct 1 2014 to Sep 30, 2015.

Thanks Susie!

DV Lottery information - www.BritSimonSays.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.