Danno

Has the time come for an ALL BLACK LEAGUE? Larry Johnson thinks so.

65 posts in this topic

Blatantly racist is like Donald. Black organizations would not be needed if blacks would be allowed to simulate into American life normally, without all of the hatred and Jim Crow likers.

Sorry you still don't understand this. Why would be want to work for the very people that hate them. I guess you do not understand this because this is not your life, this is the life of blacks. Please get a clue. I keep trying to think you are a good person, but sometimes I just don't know.

How can we move forward if Blacks still cling to the past. I think Kobe was very eloquent when he pointed this out in reference to the TM case.

So you see no problem is demanding a color blind society, while having organizations that are very openly black only and refuse admittance to whites based solely on their skin color ?

I am against Racism in all forms, but am against the huge double standard. We will never move forward until it is addressed.

Sorry the plain truth upsets the Black Caucus here.

Why not it's almost all black already. We already have lot's of black only clubs and organizations. One more blatantly racist discriminatory organization would not hurt.

Can you imagine the outrage if someone had called for a white's only baseball league.

Because blacks were not being accepted into the major and minor baseball leagues, they formed their own teams and had made professional teams by the 1880s.[3] The first known baseball game between two black teams was held on November 15, 1859, in New York City. The Henson Base Ball Club of Jamaica, Queens, defeated the Unknowns of Weeksville, Brooklyn, 54 to 43.[4]

Immediately after the end of the American Civil War in 1865 and during the Reconstruction period that followed, a black baseball scene formed in the East and Mid-Atlantic states. Comprising mainly ex-soldiers and promoted by some well-known black officers, teams such as the Jamaica Monitor Club, Albany Bachelors, Philadelphia Excelsiors and Chicago Uniques started playing each other and any other team that would play against them.

By the end of the 1860s, the black baseball mecca was Philadelphia, which had an African-American population of 22,000.[5] Two former cricket players, James H. Francis and Francis Wood, formed the Pythian Base Ball Club. They played in Camden, New Jersey, at the landing of the Federal Street Ferry, because it was difficult to get permits for black baseball games in the city. Octavius Catto, the promoter of the Pythians, decided to apply for membership in the National Association of Base Ball Players, normally a matter of sending delegates to the annual convention; beyond that, a formality. At the end of the 1867 season "the National Association of Baseball Players voted to exclude any club with a black player."[1] In some ways Blackball thrived under segregation, with the few black teams of the day playing not only each other but white teams as well. "Black teams earned the bulk of their income playing white independent 'semipro' clubs."[6]

You act as if blacks do not try!!!! But when you are not accepted, you are not accepted no matter how hard you try. If you do not like it, make a change.

Vanilla and Chocolate Non-Profit for promoting good relationships in the U.S. for blacks and whites alike.

See, I even came up with our slogan. So, where do you want to begin? I want to be apart of this organization. And to think, VJ started it all. :content:

How can we move forward if Blacks still cling to the past. I think Kobe was very eloquent when he pointed this out in reference to the TM case.

So you see no problem is demanding a color blind society, while having organizations that are very openly black only and refuse admittance to whites based solely on their skin color ?

I am against Racism in all forms, but am against the huge double standard. We will never move forward until it is addressed.

Sorry the plain truth upsets the Black Caucus here.

Please see above.

Edited by Janelle2002

there's a double standard, but it doesn't benefit minorities. what do you want addressed? specifically, since it's holding up all our moving forward.

You act as if blacks do not try!!!! But when you are not accepted, you are not accepted no matter how hard you try. If you do not like it, make a change.

Vanilla and Chocolate Non-Profit for promoting good relationships in the U.S. for blacks and whites alike.

See, I even came up with our slogan. So, where do you want to begin? I want to be apart of this organization. And to think, VJ started it all. :content:

Since you put Vanilla first, count me in.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

LOL...Allen West throws his failed logic at the issue: "But have we come to a point in America where being a jerk is grounds for confiscation of a private property? It was Englishman John Locke who first proposed that individual rights as granted under natural law were life, liberty, and property. It was Thomas Jefferson who in the American Declaration of Independence used that paradigm to propose our unalienable rights from our Creator being life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Read more at http://allenbwest.com/2014/04/folks-youre-missing-point-donald-sterling/#oiVsIQTLyLR1Aqcb.99

Mr. West, using your analogy, this would be like Sterling owning his own McDonald's franchise. Yes, he owns it, but that ownership is under a partnership with the brand and corporation bearing the name, McDonald's. That partnership can be nullified under the right circumstances, even without Sterling's consent, if McDonald's believed that Mr. Sterling's comments/behaviour damaged the brand, causing irreparable harm. That's how the market works. His partnership with the NBA isn't democratic.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Why not it's almost all black already. We already have lot's of black only clubs and organizations. One more blatantly racist discriminatory organization would not hurt.

Can you imagine the outrage if someone had called for a white's only baseball league.

"imagine the outrage..."

You really are a fan of 'template' responses aren't you.

Because blacks were not being accepted into the major and minor baseball leagues, they formed their own teams and had made professional teams by the 1880s.[3] The first known baseball game between two black teams was held on November 15, 1859, in New York City. The Henson Base Ball Club of Jamaica, Queens, defeated the Unknowns of Weeksville, Brooklyn, 54 to 43.[4]

Immediately after the end of the American Civil War in 1865 and during the Reconstruction period that followed, a black baseball scene formed in the East and Mid-Atlantic states. Comprising mainly ex-soldiers and promoted by some well-known black officers, teams such as the Jamaica Monitor Club, Albany Bachelors, Philadelphia Excelsiors and Chicago Uniques started playing each other and any other team that would play against them.

By the end of the 1860s, the black baseball mecca was Philadelphia, which had an African-American population of 22,000.[5] Two former cricket players, James H. Francis and Francis Wood, formed the Pythian Base Ball Club. They played in Camden, New Jersey, at the landing of the Federal Street Ferry, because it was difficult to get permits for black baseball games in the city. Octavius Catto, the promoter of the Pythians, decided to apply for membership in the National Association of Base Ball Players, normally a matter of sending delegates to the annual convention; beyond that, a formality. At the end of the 1867 season "the National Association of Baseball Players voted to exclude any club with a black player."[1] In some ways Blackball thrived under segregation, with the few black teams of the day playing not only each other but white teams as well. "Black teams earned the bulk of their income playing white independent 'semipro' clubs."[6]

The Klan was started to protect Southerners from carpetbaggers. So that makes it ok ?

I know why the organizations started, but we ended segregation 40 years ago. Time to move on

You see Nature Boy has not taken me up on my offer though. How can you preach about you want change if you really are not willing to participate?

sorry what offer was that ?

there's a double standard, but it doesn't benefit minorities. what do you want addressed? specifically, since it's holding up all our moving forward.

Well Marvin's head is going to explode but... the most glaring example

We have a Black only club in Congress. A white man who represents a majority black district applied, but told he could not be admitted because of the color of his skin.

You ok with that

sorry what offer was that ?

To be a part of the Vanilla and Chocolate non-profit organization promoting good relationships between whites and blacks.

It's an organization I'm starting. I'll be President and I'm letting Janelle be my assistant.

Well Marvin's head is going to explode but... the most glaring example

We have a Black only club in Congress. A white man who represents a majority black district applied, but told he could not be admitted because of the color of his skin.

You ok with that

sure. i'm not a member of congress.

sure. i'm not a member of congress.

Well you condone Racism as long as it does not affect you

Cool

Least your honest