chipsahoy

Letter from his commander? For I-129F packet

12 posts in this topic

I am not sure if there is such a letter required on passing the I-129F packet to USCIS IF the petitioner is a military official. But I do remember that I've read somewhere that there is a letter required from the military's commander, just aint sure what kind of letter is that. What's on the body of the letter and all that stuff.

If someone can enlighten me with this one, I would really appreciate that coz we want to meet all requirements needed before passing the packet..

Thank you in advance.

You were never a mistake. You were my realization.

I am not sure if there is such a letter required on passing the I-129F packet to USCIS IF the petitioner is a military official. But I do remember that I've read somewhere that there is a letter required from the military's commander, just aint sure what kind of letter is that. What's on the body of the letter and all that stuff.

If someone can enlighten me with this one, I would really appreciate that coz we want to meet all requirements needed before passing the packet..

Thank you in advance.

Maybe you are referring to the letter you can use to expidite your case. As a military man, your case can be expidited with the help of your fiance's commander writing a letter to the USCIS or something like that. I'm not sure about all this but some people here can explain it to you further.

Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Maybe you are referring to the letter you can use to expidite your case. As a military man, your case can be expidited with the help of your fiance's commander writing a letter to the USCIS or something like that. I'm not sure about all this but some people here can explain it to you further.

Mae

thats partially correct, an expedite can only be made if military member is pending deployment to Iraq/Afghanistan, just because he is a military member doesnt make him eligible for expedited processing.

Matt

21FUNNY.gif

I wasn't referring for the expedition. :-) I guess these things are just jampacking on my mind.. :P

ok in that case, no command endorsed letter is required.

Yeah, thanks matt85.

You were never a mistake. You were my realization.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You will need a letter from his command, when it comes to proving his income for the financial support side of things. Even though Military only need to be at the 100% poverty level requirement, not 125% like most others, He will still need a letter to confirm his employment and state his yearly income, to support the LES ( leave and earnings statement ).

I know , my hubby was asked to include this, when making initial enquiries, for the K1 visa. Some people have chosen not to send this, but have been asked to provide it later on. The choice is yours!

Jodee

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

You will need a letter from his command, when it comes to proving his income for the financial support side of things. Even though Military only need to be at the 100% poverty level requirement, not 125% like most others, He will still need a letter to confirm his employment and state his yearly income, to support the LES ( leave and earnings statement ).

I know , my hubby was asked to include this, when making initial enquiries, for the K1 visa. Some people have chosen not to send this, but have been asked to provide it later on. The choice is yours!

Jodee

thats correct Jodee, but that letter is a simple Statement of Service letter, and does not need to be done through the command. I simply printed mine out from online, but im AF, I believe army have to go through their personel office.

21FUNNY.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

My husband is in the US army (currently working as an US Army recruiter in Elizabeth NJ) and we sent a letter from his station commander (SFC Moore) along with the I-134.

Letter from employer:

To whom it may concern:

CPL XXX has been working as a United States Active Army recruiter in our company since 2006 June 05, full time. Such a position is permanent. His annual salary is approximately $37.000.

Signature

Moore, Station Commander

SFC, USAREC

The letter has to state since when he had his job, if it is full time or part time and his salary.

We wasnt sure if we really needed to sent a letter from his employer along with our petition or not. We did it, to prevent getting a RFE over some stupid stuff like a missing letter from his employer....

blackribbonsmall.png

Walk with the angels

let them keep you safe

we'll join you one day

in that wonderful place

stand on the clouds and never forget

we're holding on to you

in our memories and thoughts

until one day we'll meet again

Truly missed but never forgotten:

Diana

RIP 1982-08/2008

Verena

RIP 1983-03/2008

Daddy

RIP

"IMMIGRATION" PROCESS (TIMELINE):CLICK HERE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
thats correct Jodee, but that letter is a simple Statement of Service letter, and does not need to be done through the command. I simply printed mine out from online, but im AF, I believe army have to go through their personel office.

matt85, from where online did you find and print the letter? I'm in the Navy and I'm hoping we have something similar... If not, I guess I have to go through my personnel office, too!!

K-1

October 10, 2006 - Mailed I-129F to TSC via Express Mail guaranteed 3 day delivery (NOT!!)

October 23, 2006 - NOA1

October 27, 2006 - Check cashed - called bank to obtain case# from back of check

October 31, 2006 - Received NOA1 via snail mail

January 17, 2007 - NOA2

January 24, 2007 - NVC received petition

January 25, 2007 - Petition forwarded to Ghana

March 11, 2007 - Fiance receives letter from Embassy dated February 12 informing him to come pick up Packet 3!!! (case never lost!!!)

March 27, 2007 - Packet 3 received from Embassy

March 28, 2007 - Packet 3 returned, Packet 4 received with interview date

July 12, 2007 - Interview Date

August 10, 2007 - Picked up Visa from American Embassy in Accra

August 11, 2007 - Engagement Ceremony in Accra, Ghana

August 21, 2007 - MY BABY CAME HOME!!! POE - JFK

AOS

August 27, 2007 - Civil Marriage Ceremony

September 21, 2007 - Package sent to Chicago Lockbox

September 28, 2007 - Check cashed

October 1, 2007 - Received NOA's (1-485, I-131, I-765) in mail dated September 27, 2007

October 21, 2007 - Wedding Day!!

October 22, 2007 - Original date for Biometrics appt (missed appt because of honeymoon)

November 7, 2007 - Walked in to USCIS Jacksonville and had biometrics taken with no problems

November 13, 2007 - AP Received

November 19, 2007 - EAD Received

November 29, 2007 - Case transferred to CSC

January 22, 2007 - RECEIVED GREEN CARD IN MAIL DATED JANUARY 14, 2008!!!!

matt85, from where online did you find and print the letter? I'm in the Navy and I'm hoping we have something similar... If not, I guess I have to go through my personnel office, too!!

i went on vMPF (virtual military personnel flight). Its an online database of AF members information. At first i went to my personnel office, but they informed me to do it on the AF vmpf. Im not sure if navy has one or not.

Regarding a letter from the commander, Its really un necessary to get a letter from your commander to prove employment.

21FUNNY.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.