8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good day all!

As much as I have been trying to keep calm for several months and I'm still doing, I want to ask few questions.

First let me tell a little bit about our journey.

According to my timeline... Got to the US on the 3rd of September 2013, after waiting on approval of K1 visa for over 18 months and having to wait to carry our daughter for the first time after 8months she was giving birth to.

Got Married October 12, 2013, filled for EAD & AOS in January 2014. Received a receipt in the mail few days after and then biometric a week later.

Went for biometric in February, but before that, I got a mail saying that my wife did not send her Affidavit and that my mother in-law, we do not include her birth certificate or passport.

We send in the RFE or the missing information on 18 March, 2013 and nothing has been heard since then.

Right now we are expecting another child and my wife is not working... Which leads to my questions.

1) how long does is takes to receive EAD? (I want to provide for my family, but the way this process and country is set up... You can't seems to do anything until you have that. Worked for 10yrs before coming out here, you can understand my frustration)

2) after the RFE I have not receive any mail in the box? In this normal? Though it says online that they receive additional request that was sent.

3) we sent the RFE to a new address has given in the letter that was received in the mail. Do I need to follow up?

Lastly, how do one cope with not doing anything for the past months? Any idea... Apart from changing diapers and doing some yard work or shoveling the snow... :)

I will appreciate all response dearly and it's becoming unbearable.

Any west African (Nigerian) in Detroit MI on this forum? I haven't met two person from Nigeria on this side of Michigan since have been here.

My opinion is not to get you angry, if it suit you, good, if it does not... Look away!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

1. Usually around 3 months.but the RFE may have re-set the clock.

2. Did it say that online before you got the RFE, or after? if after, it does sound like they sent you a second RFE.

3. Yes, always keep on top of things.

Volunteer. Volunteering gives you something to do, helps you network with people who may know about jobs ocne you can work, and gives you a "boss" who can write you a reference.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good day all!

As much as I have been trying to keep calm for several months and I'm still doing, I want to ask few questions.

First let me tell a little bit about our journey.

According to my timeline... Got to the US on the 3rd of September 2013, after waiting on approval of K1 visa for over 18 months and having to wait to carry our daughter for the first time after 8months she was giving birth to.

Got Married October 12, 2013, filled for EAD & AOS in January 2014. Received a receipt in the mail few days after and then biometric a week later.

Went for biometric in February, but before that, I got a mail saying that my wife did not send her Affidavit and that my mother in-law, we do not include her birth certificate or passport.

We send in the RFE or the missing information on 18 March, 2013 and nothing has been heard since then.

Right now we are expecting another child and my wife is not working... Which leads to my questions.

1) how long does is takes to receive EAD? (I want to provide for my family, but the way this process and country is set up... You can't seems to do anything until you have that. Worked for 10yrs before coming out here, you can understand my frustration)

2) after the RFE I have not receive any mail in the box? In this normal? Though it says online that they receive additional request that was sent.

3) we sent the RFE to a new address has given in the letter that was received in the mail. Do I need to follow up?

Lastly, how do one cope with not doing anything for the past months? Any idea... Apart from changing diapers and doing some yard work or shoveling the snow... :)

I will appreciate all response dearly and it's becoming unbearable.

Any west African (Nigerian) in Detroit MI on this forum? I haven't met two person from Nigeria on this side of Michigan since have been here.

When you check your case status on uscis.com, does it say that they've received your RFE response?

EAD should come around 90 days after the RFE response was received, assuming they properly received everything they asked for.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Timeline

1. Usually around 3 months.but the RFE may have re-set the clock.

2. Did it say that online before you got the RFE, or after? if after, it does sound like they sent you a second RFE.

3. Yes, always keep on top of things.

Volunteer. Volunteering gives you something to do, helps you network with people who may know about jobs ocne you can work, and gives you a "boss" who can write you a reference.

It says it after... And it's been over month now and nothing has come in the mail. Guess the received it, but is there any NOA for RFE?

"Yes, always keep on top of things." Does this mean I can follow up by calling them?

My opinion is not to get you angry, if it suit you, good, if it does not... Look away!!!!

Timeline

When you check your case status on uscis.com, does it say that they've received your RFE response?

EAD should come around 90 days after the RFE response was received, assuming they properly received everything they asked for.

Yes! It says the received the RFE, and will hear from them if they need any other thing from us or when the made a conclusion... It states that it always takes 60days to reach a conclusion.

Just asking if there should be a notification in the mail that they receive the RFE in the mail?

There are a number of Nigerians ( maybe not on VJ in that area ) which tribe are you ?

I'm from Edo, but spent all my years in Lagos until now

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just asking if there should be a notification in the mail that they receive the RFE in the mail?

No, there will not be a mail notification informing you that they received the RFE, they will only update the website status.

There's not much more you can do than wait for them to get around to looking over the RFE response and moving forward with the issuance of the EAD. I'm in the same place at the moment.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Timeline

No, there will not be a mail notification informing you that they received the RFE, they will only update the website status.

There's not much more you can do than wait for them to get around to looking over the RFE response and moving forward with the issuance of the EAD. I'm in the same place at the moment.

Thank you guys.

Good luck to us all

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.