11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi all! i have an upcoming interview on may 30 for my aos. the letter from the uscis says i need to provide all documentation establishing my eligibility for lawful permanent residence status. what does this mean? what documents do i need to show them? im the benificiary and my husband is the petitioner. please help!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Read the guides. All of the information is there. Basically, one of the things you HAVE to show is that it's a bona-fide marriage. Meaning that you didn't marry just for the green card. Joint bank accounts, your name on any deed or lease, credit cards in both your names...

Read the guides.

At the bottom of your letter confirming your interview date will be a list of everything that is required. I have the letter filed deep somewhere, but I have managed to get hold of a check list I made in preparation of everything I needed to bring for the interview if that would help you?

• Interview notice letter
  • My Passport
  • It states to bring your 1-94 but I could not electronically find it on line and they used the stamps in my passport instead
  • Copy of medical examination
  • Copy of form I-864
  • Evidence of sponsors US Citizenship
  • Current W2 and previous 3 years
  • Income Tax returns for previous 3 years, including this years as Filed jointly married
  • Letter from husbands current employer confirming his rate of pay, weekly hours and overtime
  • Letter from husbands employer confirming me as a listed emergency contact
  • Documents showing I am listed as my husbands beneficiary
  • Husbands pay stubs for the last 2 months
  • My birth certificate
  • Husbands Birth certificate
  • my step-children's birth certificates
  • Original copy of marriage certificate
  • My divorce decree
  • My husbands Divorce decree and custody papers for the children
  • 2 years of joint tenancy leases in both our names
  • A selection of updated photos
  • Extra affidavits of support
  • Joint utility bills
  • A letter from my step-children's school confirming I am registered at the school as their step-mother and emergency contact
  • Joint bank account details
  • Joint credit card details

I hope this helps

heart.gif Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite heart.gif

Timeline

At the bottom of your letter confirming your interview date will be a list of everything that is required. I have the letter filed deep somewhere, but I have managed to get hold of a check list I made in preparation of everything I needed to bring for the interview if that would help you?

• Interview notice letter
  • My Passport
  • It states to bring your 1-94 but I could not electronically find it on line and they used the stamps in my passport instead
  • Copy of medical examination
  • Copy of form I-864
  • Evidence of sponsors US Citizenship
  • Current W2 and previous 3 years
  • Income Tax returns for previous 3 years, including this years as Filed jointly married
  • Letter from husbands current employer confirming his rate of pay, weekly hours and overtime
  • Letter from husbands employer confirming me as a listed emergency contact
  • Documents showing I am listed as my husbands beneficiary
  • Husbands pay stubs for the last 2 months
  • My birth certificate
  • Husbands Birth certificate
  • my step-children's birth certificates
  • Original copy of marriage certificate
  • My divorce decree
  • My husbands Divorce decree and custody papers for the children
  • 2 years of joint tenancy leases in both our names
  • A selection of updated photos
  • Extra affidavits of support
  • Joint utility bills
  • A letter from my step-children's school confirming I am registered at the school as their step-mother and emergency contact
  • Joint bank account details
  • Joint credit card details
I hope this helps

for your divorce decree, did you bring the complete decree, the entire pages or just the page where the judge and both of you and your ex signed?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We took it quite literally and brought every piece of paper that we had accumulated associated with our immigration journey. YMMV.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

We took it quite literally and brought every piece of paper that we had accumulated associated with our immigration journey. YMMV.

oh okay thanks A&B! we're planning to do the same..:)

In the UK u do not need to sign a divorce decree, the county court signs and officially stamps it. However my husbands divorce decree is signed and dated by both himself and his ex-wife. As A&B said... take everything, we did. Its always better to have more than you need then to turn up without the one vital bit of paper they ask to look at. Good Luck :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Great list! Question about the medical examination you took with you though. Was this something in addition to the one you had to have in London as I never got anything back from them. Not trying to be personal, but just trying to understand what (if anything) I'm missing here!!

My case is slightly different to yours as I had my medical in the US. K-1 applicants would need to advice u on this one :) . good Luck.

Timeline

i had my medical exam here in the US too! do i need to have another medical exam? i couldnt get a copy from my previous medical because it was sealed.. so i sent it to the uscis without getting a copy..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.